Digimon World: Next Order Coming to Switch in 2023 in Japan, More Details to Come

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
dwno_wallpaper_02.jpg

Thanks to early details from the next V-Jump, we have details of Digimon World: Next Order coming to the Nintendo Switch next year.

It will be released on February 22nd, 2023 in Japan, just for the Switch. The formal announcement hasn't happened yet, so details of what systems (or even 'if' it will) it might come out on in the west we don't have details of at the moment.

The game will be based on the PS4 version (known in Japan as 'International Edition'), but will also feature a new beginner mode, and also add a run ability, to allow the game to move quicker and more comfortable.

A few sites are reporting new Digimon and events, this is purely in comparison to the original PSVita version, with these new elements having been added for the PS4 version.

With the general sales importance to the brand of the west, we expect an announcement of it coming out will show up when the port is more formally announced shortly.

The original Vita version was released on March 17th, 2016, with the PS4 version following in various countries at the beginning of 2017.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 6,289

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hopefully this isn't the only release in 2023 as I played Next Order in 2017 so this means nothing to me. Survive is the only game since 2018 and if we have 2024 for the next actual game that's one game in a period of 6 years.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm starting to think cyber sleuth complete edition and survive did really well on switch, so they decided to try their luck once again to see how a world game does.
Maybe if it does well enough they decide to make the switch the main console for the next story game. Shouldn't be too late to do that

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm starting to think cyber sleuth complete edition and survive did really well on switch, so they decided to try their luck once again to see how a world game does.
Maybe if it does well enough they decide to make the switch the main console for the next story game. Shouldn't be too late to do that
I mean, Complete Edition did 4,536 in the first week which isn't good. And ports don't come from no where, this would've been in the offing for a while. Digimon has done badly on Nintendo historically which is why they went back to PlayStation in the first place. Ditching it again would be asking for trouble.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, Complete Edition did 4,536 in the first week which isn't good. And ports don't come from no where, this would've been in the offing for a while. Digimon has done badly on Nintendo historically which is why they went back to PlayStation in the first place. Ditching it again would be asking for trouble.
That was only physical sales and only in Japan. It did fine digitally and the switch version of survive far outsold the PlayStation version

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I have the Vita version, I never did get around to upgrading to the PS4's International Edition. Guess now I can just skip that version and focus on getting it for the Switch.

Yeah, but without getting too much into it, Sony has been making a LOT of mistakes with the Japanese market. No surprise several, and I mean SEVERAL publishers have been completely jumping ship for a while now (some of whom I swear have been steadfast Sony loyalists as far back as the N64 turning off 3rd party support).

Athos

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's good news. I just wish they'd release it to PC (via Steam) though.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here we go again! Let's hope it comes out in the West. I have no idea about this game but I'll get it if it comes out here. Just like with Survive.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
IE is the Decode to Next 0rder but I still think to this day the name could have been better than just International Edition.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I liked Next Order a lot, but the lack of a New Game+ was a big factor in not revisiting it after beating the campaign and post-game, I definitely did not get all the trophies. But the addition of a run button does sound nice and I like playing these ports on the Switch because that completionism isn't as huge a factor, so who knows, might pick it up. It would be a good fit for portable too.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I liked Next Order a lot, but the lack of a New Game+ was a big factor in not revisiting it after beating the campaign and post-game, I definitely did not get all the trophies. But the addition of a run button does sound nice and I like playing these ports on the Switch because that completionism isn't as huge a factor, so who knows, might pick it up. It would be a good fit for portable too.
Yeah no ng plus was a problem, I would've done it to get some more of the trophies but there wasn't really any reason to just play fir the sake of playing just to raise the extra 100 Digimon I needed.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, this game didn't really need new game plus. It had a pretty meaty post game

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon has done badly on Nintendo historically
...based on what? They moved a number of their portable games there after the Wonderswan got the axe (bar the ones that wound up on the PSP and Vita, almost all of which got ported later), and their games all tended to start on the PS because they started in the fifth and sixth generation (ignoring that the first Digimon video game was on the Saturn, of course, as it was a popular console in Japan). There weren't too many Digimon games on the GC or Wii and it would have been dumb to put one on the Wii U - the Switch is an exceptionally well selling console though so it getting the bump makes sense.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...based on what? They moved a number of their portable games there after the Wonderswan got the axe (bar the ones that wound up on the PSP and Vita, almost all of which got ported later), and their games all tended to start on the PS because they started in the fifth and sixth generation (ignoring that the first Digimon video game was on the Saturn, of course, as it was a popular console in Japan). There weren't too many Digimon games on the GC or Wii and it would have been dumb to put one on the Wii U - the Switch is an exceptionally well selling console though so it getting the bump makes sense.
Habu's words saying the DS games did badly at the end which is why they moved to PSP. So Lost Evo and Super Xros I guess. Decode didn't do that well either, though a port always sells lower than then original. It's not my assessment, Habu said the DS games weren't selling so went to PSP.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish they would give us a surprise and throw in some new digimon as a teaser for the next Story game I just want to see Apollomon and BanchoMamemon in a console game already

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish they would give us a surprise and throw in some new digimon as a teaser for the next Story game I just want to see Apollomon and BanchoMamemon in a console game already
It would be great. Though the best scenario of this I think would be Alter-S.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If Cyber Sleuth is any indication, the game's likely just going to be a straight port of the PS4 version (and keep in mind, while it was localized in the west under the title "Complete Edition", it's pretty much the exact same as the compilation of both games that the Japanese version of Hacker's Memory always was). If -next 0rder- International Edition had any post-release patches, they'll likely be in the base game (much like Apocalymon and the Ryudamon line in Cyber Sleuth), but otherwise, I'd expect it to be the same.

BTW, being the "International Edition", did the PS4 version already come with language options built into all regional releases? If so, I'd expect that to be unchanged for the Switch release as well (especially since a lot of Switch games in general have language options, often dependent on your system settings).

Naniman

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait is this just the PS4 version or the PS4 version with more features? If the latter I hope a possible Steam version with some quality of life improvements especially in regards to the card collecting, and resource/materials farming. As for new Digimon maybe some from the OG World(1).

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Habu's words saying the DS games did badly at the end which is why they moved to PSP. So Lost Evo and Super Xros I guess. Decode didn't do that well either, though a port always sells lower than then original. It's not my assessment, Habu said the DS games weren't selling so went to PSP.
That's still only three games at most that we know of, two of which were from the same era. We can't say 'historically' as that's a huge number of games and time that's being ignored, especially since we do know of games that have had success on Nintendo systems such as the original Story game and very recently Survive.

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome news! I've been thinking about going back to Next Order on the PS4 since I never finished it. I've been watching youtube videos about it and realised I was training my Digimon the wrong way. Apperently wild battles are the way to go. Still, I was reluctant since I got used to the Switch's portability, so these news are all I could ask for!