Digimon whose Level you would Change

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alphamon: Ouryuken should be Super Ultimate level instead of Mega. It is consist of the most powerful and leader Digimon of the Royal Knights and another very powerful Digimon.

It is ultra already

Ps the RKs have no leader

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's also the issue that "Level VII" is canonically not a true Level but a subsection of Level VI.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the subject of Shoutmon, rather than trying to fit it in an universal quantitative formula (which obviously doesn't apply to non-Shoutmon Xroses), just judge it by the design.

There is one design element where there's a clear visual progression throughout the Xroses: the helmet. X3/X4 uses the same helmet. X5 uses a new helmet. Shoutmon X7 uses another new helmet.

Of course, this just applies to the standard Shoutmon Xroses. X4K, X4S/X5S and X4B/X5B have other factors in play (though the DRB still retains a progression between X4B and X5B, just one level higher than their non-B counterparts).

MickeyDee

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gusokumon to Ultimate/Mega. We already have another Crustacean for Ebidramon to evolve to - Anomalocarimon and him evolving to Gusokumon looks like an appropriate upgrade to me.

Numemon to Rookies/Children. Numemon and Scummon being the same level seems redundant. I'd much rather have a connected garbage line Numemon - Scummon - Gerbemon.

Monzaemon as an Adult/Champion. He can then digivolve into WaruMonzaemon, Etemon, Betsumon, or ExTyrannomon. We really need a good Puppet Adult for all these guys.

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had a lot of my own ideas for levels for Xros Wars Digimon that ended up being proven wrong with the big Reference Book update, but I eventually made my peace with those. The only ones left that I think should have different levels are Gold Numemon (should be Perfect) and Guardromon Gold (should be Armor, and should evolve with the Digimental of Fate just like the gold versions of Rapidmon and V-dramon). Huh, they're both gold...

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the subject of Shoutmon, rather than trying to fit it in an universal quantitative formula (which obviously doesn't apply to non-Shoutmon Xroses), just judge it by the design.

There is one design element where there's a clear visual progression throughout the Xroses: the helmet. X3/X4 uses the same helmet. X5 uses a new helmet. Shoutmon X7 uses another new helmet.

Of course, this just applies to the standard Shoutmon Xroses. X4K, X4S/X5S and X4B/X5B have other factors in play (though the DRB still retains a progression between X4B and X5B, just one level higher than their non-B counterparts).
To be fair, DigiXrosses outside of of the main Shoutmon Gestalt Xrosses don't need a distinct formula since you can just apply standard Jogress logic to them.

The formula was more for Shoutmon X2, X3's Jogresses with MetalGreymon/DarkKnightmon and EX6 since those don't follow the helmet thing and because the helmet thing itself can only be applied to the main gestalts whereas the formula accounts for both base gestalts and their variants.

Gusokumon to Ultimate/Mega. We already have another Crustacean for Ebidramon to evolve to - Anomalocarimon and him evolving to Gusokumon looks like an appropriate upgrade to me.

Numemon to Rookies/Children. Numemon and Scummon being the same level seems redundant. I'd much rather have a connected garbage line Numemon - Scummon - Gerbemon.

Monzaemon as an Adult/Champion. He can then digivolve into WaruMonzaemon, Etemon, Betsumon, or ExTyrannomon. We really need a good Puppet Adult for all these guys
Gusokumon was designed as an alternative to Anomalocarimon, we literally only have two Level V Crustaceans.

Numemon and Sukamon were designed to be the failure Adult stages of their respective virtual pet models along with Raremon, Nanimon and Vegiemon. Monzaemon was likewise designed to be analogous to Etemon, ExTyrannomon, Digitamamon and Vademon for their respective failure Adult.

Momentai

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The fact that the Awaken Sistermon are at the same level as their regular forms has always bothered me. Although I admit that it would be weird to have Blanc Awaken as an adult form, since regular Noir and Ciel are adult. Blanc could warp to Perfect reaching the same level of the other two, but it would be still weird.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh yeah the other posts reminded me more

Gold Numemon is perfect for ultimate for a full Numemon evo line (black king as the only ultimate is silly but at least that brought him back from the dead I guess(

Awakened Sistermon - mega. Their stats are already mega in HM - so just make them mega already.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's also the issue that "Level VII" is canonically not a true Level but a subsection of Level VI.
why do people say this? Isn't a Lv. 7 outright stated in v-tamer, used in a lot of video games, and heavily used in our currently ongoing card game? Shouldn't it just be treated like Xros fusions, card slashes, digisoul, etc. where it's not universal to every universe but exists in some universes thus making the "not canon" argument empty as there isn't one singular overarching "canon" to base that argument off of?

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
why do people say this? Isn't a Lv. 7 outright stated in v-tamer, used in a lot of video games, and heavily used in our currently ongoing card game? Shouldn't it just be treated like Xros fusions, card slashes, digisoul, etc. where it's not universal to every universe but exists in some universes thus making the "not canon" argument empty as there isn't one singular overarching "canon" to base that argument off of?
The issue with V-Tamer (which is also the origin of Super Ultimate-level, and thus should be the most authoritative source) is that it's acknowledged that simply (Jogress-)evolving from an Ultimate is not enough to be a Super Ultimate, as Omegamon is explicitly still just an Ultimate-level. In the setting of V-Tamer, Arkadimon is the one and only Super Ultimate (until Daemon absorbs Arkadimon, and UlforceV-dramon achieves Future Mode).

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Right, and Arkadimon was a Super Ultimate Digimon even as a Baby. Its status didn’t have anything to do with evolutionary level.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Plus the only Digimon referred to as Super Ultimate in the Field Guide, Armageddemon, is still listed as Level VI.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
but Lv. 7 does sometimes exist and the digimon who are Lv. 7 are subjective to that media, right? I feel V-tamer's "Super Ultimate" doesn't matter to other media's "Super Ultimate" like how the general concept of evolution in Adventure is different from Tamers evolution and different from Xros Wars evolution?

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
but Lv. 7 does sometimes exist and the digimon who are Lv. 7 are subjective to that media, right? I feel V-tamer's "Super Ultimate" doesn't matter to other media's "Super Ultimate" like how the general concept of evolution in Adventure is different from Tamers evolution and different from Xros Wars evolution?
You're the one that brought up V-Tamer in the first place.

The point is that it doesn't hold relevance to the franchise as a whole, even if it's been used in a minority of media. The "general Digimon universe" (that can be gleaned from the DRB and other such sources) doesn't acknowledge its existence as a proper level. Even in the recent Card Game, Lv.7 Digimon are still classified as Ultimate-level on their cards (which is listed right beneath their names).

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
actually I never used the term Super Ultimate until others did, I just said "Lv. 7" which the card game is very explicitly using and I didn't read V-tamer but I thought I've seen people say that it stated there being a level past the sixth and then I was trying to specify the term Super Ultimate since the focus immediately shifted to that terminology

shynely

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Right, and Arkadimon was a Super Ultimate Digimon even as a Baby. Its status didn’t have anything to do with evolutionary level.

I'm pretty sure they called Arkadimon "the super ultimate" earlier just because they expect it to become one, not that it already was. Neo specifically says "THE BIRTH OF THE SUPER ULTIMATE" when he gets Arkadimon to its final stage.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The issue with V-Tamer (which is also the origin of Super Ultimate-level, and thus should be the most authoritative source) is that it's acknowledged that simply (Jogress-)evolving from an Ultimate is not enough to be a Super Ultimate, as Omegamon is explicitly still just an Ultimate-level. In the setting of V-Tamer, Arkadimon is the one and only Super Ultimate (until Daemon absorbs Arkadimon, and UlforceV-dramon achieves Future Mode).
VTamer was based on the vpets though. Wasn’t there an infamous glitch in the pendulums that caused Ultimates to be weaker than Perfects?

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
VTamer was based on the vpets though. Wasn’t there an infamous glitch in the pendulums that caused Ultimates to be weaker than Perfects?
Strictly speaking, the original v-pets didn't even have Level VI as the Level wasn't established until the Pendulum series in 1998 and didn't become universal until a year later.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Strictly speaking, the original v-pets didn't even have Level VI as the Level wasn't established until the Pendulum series in 1998 and didn't become universal until a year later.
By vpets I meant the pendulums and digital monsters together.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Levels I would like to change personally? Hmm well I'm fine with how they selected on those ones even if I complain.

But still I wish for the levels change for Culumon and Burpmon (I'm awake of Burpmon's level is unknown due to this unique power of Burpmon, the more it eats the more it grows stronger to allow to able to eat even Perfect level attacks or maybe Ultimate).

Also... Original levels has to be restored for Minotaurmon...!