Digimon Web begins Digimon Profile- Ongoing Series of Ecology/Information Reports on Digimon, plus Reference Book Update

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

After going down for a few hours of maintenance, Digimon Web came back up with a new section called 'Digimon Profile'.

Digimon Profile is a new ongoing series of reports that will help explain ecology and classification data for Digimon, with various other fun bits of information.

The reports are being delivered by Agumon Hakase, well known Digimon expert who holds a PhD in Digital Monster Studies.

Terriermon Assistant is also there to help. Reports will be posted on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday every month!

It's a fun way to present bits of Digimon information to fans new and old. All the artwork 'appears' to be from Soh Moriyama in the same style that he uses for the Digimon social media artwork. I doubt anyone will complain getting more artwork from the longtime Digimon artist.

The profile reports also link to the reference book entries of relevant Digimon for more information.

For day 1 we actually get 5 reports to start off with!

Report 1 covers types of Agumon. The most popular Digimon has a number of Digimon based on him, so report 1 is going over various Digimon that have Agumon in their name, from Agumon, to the 2006 version, to BushiAgumon, Agumon Hakase himself, Bonds of Courage, and more!

Report 2 covers the Bancho Digimon. A handful of Digimon have the title of 'Bancho'. What does it mean, and what unique traits do these Digimon share?

Report 3 featured Agumon Hakase having a bit of fun by showing you how to draw Agumon. he also wrote a song to sing while drawing various parts of Agumon, and hopes that you will try drawing him with the instructions provided.

Report 4 is about cows. 2021 is the year of the ox, and several Digimon are modeled on ox and cows, so Hakase introduces these Digimon, although he notes he omitted some animals that are considered to be related to them, or close to them.

Report 5 is about those who have a holy ring. The holy ring is a well known trait among some Digimon and Hakase introduces a number of Digimon who have this sacred relic.

That's it for the introduction they gave for Digimon Profile, but they also did a small reference book update, with a couple of the Digimon they went over in Digimon Profile...

BanchoLilymon
ClearAgumon

A few updates to Digimon web were also made...

A search bar has been added. It appears the translation widget hasn't been updated to feature it, as it vanishes when the widget translates the page.

Reference book pages have added suggested Digimon to look up, along with moving up the rankings of who has been looked at in the reference book lately.

A really fun update before the start of a long week!

Attachments

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is so cool! With this and the new community site seems like there will be an information boom and making the thousand plus Digimon much easier to learn about and understand. Might gain a lot more fans.

A few bits I found interesting:
Agumon Hakase humorously "has nothing to say" discussing its rival.
Banchou Digimon usually pass down their title to a worthy successor when they get deleted.
Kudamon(Savers) has a holy ring, even though its rings don't have the typical digimoji.

Also giraffes are mentioned to be related to cows. I think the closest Digimon to a giraffe is Qilinmon.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice, I love featurettes like this. I know it's hard to support doing them full time, but hopefully we continue to get more of these. I'd love to see some more geographical stuff.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gives me even more reason to think that, in universe, Agumon Expert and Terriermon Assistant write the DRB profiles. I'm sure we'll have some fun stuff from these if they continue them a long time. I'd like to see one about the Olympos Digimon and not just because that'd add like 9 new profiles to the DRB.

Shame they didn't list *all* Agumons though lol, still a few missing from that list.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty cool, especially if it continues to act as an excuse to add more Digimon to the Reference Book.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just want them to do a story update and add in all of the Digimon RPG series original characters (Hyokomon, GAIA and the Chaos, Bemmon, Grimmon etc.)

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is just really fun. Bancho Mamemon is kind of hilarious.

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like to see Legend-Arms profiles.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is pretty cool. That Bancho thing, so maybe we'll get more Bancho Digimon in the future, replacing the original five? would be interesting.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Clearagumon getting stuck in the Reference Book is absolutely not something I expected to happen. We had the original and Black, thought that was going to be it.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They better update normally unlike that Reference Book updating gets delayed so many times.

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They better update normally unlike that Reference Book updating gets delayed so many times.
Well, in this case they already set up a timeframe on releases (Every second and fourth Wednesday of every month), as opposed to Reference Book which just updates whenever

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if Bancho Mamemon is actually that tall or if Bancho Golemon is actually that short. The chibi art style makes it hard to tell

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if Bancho Mamemon is actually that tall or if Bancho Golemon is actually that short. The chibi art style makes it hard to tell
Let's say BanchoMamemon position is the closest to the "camera".

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it's BanchoMamemon looked so weird. Excluded BigMamemon, all Mamemon species are smaller than Child level ones. Looking at him, he is slightly bigger than I thought. But it is just Chibi art yet I felt BanchoMamemon's legs and feets are kinda... Distorted there?