Digimon Vital Bracelet version Special Pre-Order Details & Images, Including V-mon Evolution Chart & Sprites

cool potato

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's a weird difference in quality between the sprites for the new guys and the sprites for V-mon, XV-mon, and Paildramon. Paildramon for instance looks exactly right down to the little details, but like, Kazuchimon has some pretty noticeable differences like the length of the gauntlets; plus they just seem to be a lot less detailed in comparison. Makes me wonder how late in development the designs were changed, and if the sprites will be updated to better match them before launch. I kinda hope so, they look... not as good as they could.
I have zero interest in the new designs as they are. You're completely right about them being of a much lesser quality. To me the sprites feel very uninspired.

Runnermon's sprite is completely different from it's offical artwork. Which is really disappointing since that's probably my favourite out of the bunch.

Those Paildramon and Imperialdramon sprites though.. so. damn. good.

Umaro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend a few potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
Buyee
From Japan (this From Japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
Samurai Buyer
DEJapan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.
I believe I should point this out but most if not all of those officially aligned special pages haven't been updated for a while.

For example, Samurai Buyer recently announced that they will cease operations at the end of the month.

Back when those storefronts were open, they only featured a limited offering of what Premium Bandai allowed to be sold through these middlemen sites.

If you're gonna use an intermediary then don't bother with those outdated "official" pages. You can make a special order through From Japan, Buyee, or DEJapan if you choose to. (I've used the special ordering page through From Japan in the past on items that never showed up on their Premium Bandai site)

Speaking of importing.......
My main complaint is why do we not have information on how this may be sold outside of Japan? It feels very unprofessional not to habe this information this soon to preorders opening. It really hinders out of country fans as I'm unsure what to do, especially as somebody who has never imported from Japan in their life.
The fact that I'm seeing "this product may be sold outside of Japan" at all is a good thing, but I really need more details on what exactly that entails.
There might be a reason why they are only announcing a Japanese release as of now and why they haven't mentioned anything on the details of a possible overseas model.

Those that are thinking about importing this might wanna think twice since there may be issues with compatibility in your country or region.

I have questions regarding the Japanese-market Vital Bracelet and it's features.

1. Will the particular app for use with the APP LOG LINK function of the Japanese-market version of the Vital Bracelet be available worldwide or will it only be available in the Japanese region of the Apple and Google Appstores?

If an overseas version does come from this, will it only work with an app that's only for international users?

2. What NFC standards is the Japanese-market Vital Bracelet compatible with?

For those that don't know, Japan uses a specific contactless IC standard (FeliCa) that is different from the NFC standards used elsewhere.

FeliCa and Global NFC are not cross-compatible.

I wonder that if Bandai were to release a version overseas, would it have different internals and different NFC standard compatibility as opposed to the one sold in Japan?

Those are questions you should ask yourselves before you decide on buying a device originally meant for one specific market.

It would suck for those that would obtain one of these only to find out that one or more features may not work in their country/territory/region.

I might import one since I try to travel there at least once a year.
Even if the app isn't available overseas, we could just download an APK, right?

And if I'm understanding correctly, the NFC thing just means it's possible JP and western bracelets won't be able to connect, but we can still battle if we buy 2 JP bracelets or via the app's online battles. I wasn't expecting to ever find anyone wearing it anyway lol

TheImpster

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't believe the black one is already sold out

Omnimon Zwart

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it’s safe to assume this product will resupply due to it being a fitness tracker. It isn’t like the premium Bandai items that are limited.

cool potato

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

And if I'm understanding correctly, the NFC thing just means it's possible JP and western bracelets won't be able to connect, but we can still battle if we buy 2 JP bracelets or via the app's online battles. I wasn't expecting to ever find anyone wearing it anyway lol
Exactly - I'm sure an APK will be easily accessible even if the app isn't localized. And that app should do everything we need it to with the exception of online battles.

But I think in terms of NFC the concern is more with the randomly generated battles rather than battles between two devices. If the two regions use a different standard for sending/receiving NFC signals then we'd be missing out on a large portion of the content by importing. We would not be able to walk around town and generate battles using everyday tech.

Win ratios will no doubt be a factor in evolution trees, so we might be missing out on certain evolutions as a result.

Here's hoping that's not the case. I have very limited experience with NFC and my knowledge on the subject is almost non existing.

TheImpster

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it’s safe to assume this product will resupply due to it being a fitness tracker. It isn’t like the premium Bandai items that are limited.
I know they'll restock, but the fact that it happened in a single day for a pre-order is mind-blowing! Not just on amazon either!

Omnimon Zwart

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know they'll restock, but the fact that it happened in a single day for a pre-order is mind-blowing! Not just on amazon either!
Oh yeah good point. That’s amazing! I know lots of them are eBay scalpers too but that’s still insane. That looks good for continued services on this product since the demand is so high. It’s great that, as far as I know, this is the first fitness tracker/virtual pet of its kind.

Really hoping it releases worldwide so I can avoid shipping fees

TheImpster

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh yeah good point. That’s amazing! I know lots of them are eBay scalpers too but that’s still insane. That looks good for continued services on this product since the demand is so high. It’s great that, as far as I know, this is the first fitness tracker/virtual pet of its kind.

Really hoping it releases worldwide so I can avoid shipping fees
I just hope buyee orders mine on time so i can get the metalgreymon card

Umaro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Exactly - I'm sure an APK will be easily accessible even if the app isn't localized. And that app should do everything we need it to with the exception of online battles.

But I think in terms of NFC the concern is more with the randomly generated battles rather than battles between two devices. If the two regions use a different standard for sending/receiving NFC signals then we'd be missing out on a large portion of the content by importing. We would not be able to walk around town and generate battles using everyday tech.

Win ratios will no doubt be a factor in evolution trees, so we might be missing out on certain evolutions as a result.

Here's hoping that's not the case. I have very limited experience with NFC and my knowledge on the subject is almost non existing.
I've read most western NFC devices are compatible with FeliCa, but I don't really know either. But why do you say we won't have online battles via the app?

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I want to see the profile of the other pulsemon evos especially kazuchimon

Tofu

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I've been looking up info on NFC and feliCa specifically to try and figure out if the japanese VB would work fine with most NFC devices. I do know that the iOS 13 has global NFC, so you would definitely be able to make use of the app with an iphone 11 (if the VB only reads feliCa devices, that is).

From what I've read of feliCa, it seems to be mostly for payment methods (cards and public transport), but I am not 100% on it and I'd much rather hear it from someone more well versed in how it works from experience. My current hypothesis is that the japanese VB should work fine outside of japan. But that's all it is, a hypothesis, so I'd like to be more certain of it before I go preordering the japanese device.

I'm also confident online battles would work just fine even if you live outside of japan, though I am unsure of how the raid battle system will work.
I've read most western NFC devices are compatible with FeliCa, but I don't really know either. But why do you say we won't have online battles via the app?
If that is the case, that'd be awesome! Japanese or english does not really matter to me as long as all of the functionality is available, you know?

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't believe it's worth worrying about NFC compatibility outside of Japan, the DigiNavi itself shared that there will be many devices capable of emitting the "waves" necessary to produce auto-battles. I'm sure its will be almost any device that's bluetooth/wifi capable, but more likely things like phones, tablets, consoles (Nintendo Switch) will be able to trigger those battles.

I'd be more concerned about the app, but I did notice (although they were Youtube Subtitles) that within the Diginavi they mentioned the App would have "Global" functions (Dont have specific time stamp but was definitely within first 20 minutes). The apps storage function seems to be the most necessary component to me.

Overall I'm glad I preordered mine so I could secure the Black Roar Dim, due to Bandai's history I feel like that and the Veemon Dim will be rare or never available again.

Just want to add that a lot more countries outside of Japan have public machines/devices that utilize NFC at their subway stations, and other public places, I reeeeaaally don't see Bandai restricting this to just Japanese NFC models, even Japanese people travel.

Last edited:

Umaro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't believe it's worth worrying about NFC compatibility outside of Japan, the DigiNavi itself shared the there will be many devices capable of emitting the "waves" necessary to produce auto-battles. I'm sure its will be almost any device that's bluetooth/wifi capable, but more likely things like phones, tablets, consoles (Nintendo Switch) will be able to trigger those battles.

I'd be more concerned about the app, but I did notice (although they were Youtube Subtitles) that within the Diginavi they mentioned the App would have "Global" functions (Dont have specific time stamp but was definitely within first 20 minutes). The apps storage function seems to be the most necessary component to me.

Overall I'm glad I preordered mine so I could secure the Black Roar Dim, due to Bandai's history I feel like that and the Veemon Dim will be rare or never available again.

Just want to add that a lot more countries outside of Japan have public machines/devices that utilize NFC at their subway stations, and other public places, I reeeeaaally don't see Bandai restricting this to just Japanese NFC models, even Japanese people travel.
I'm a bit worried I won't get the Black Roar card (I preordered the special version from Nippon) since it's supposedly limited and the Amazon ones with Black Roar sold out so quickly.

ismaelms

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
According to an interview posted on the DigimonWebNet the VS Dim only works to load a Digimon to battle in another VB.

Also it seems that to store and battle online using the Digimon App, a Smartphone with integrated NFC functionality is required to transfer the data between the VB. Those are the only ways the VB can communicate. I'm guessing that could be troublesome for many users that pre-ordered an lack that functionality on their phones, but maybe there can be workarounds later.

Last edited:

ismaelms

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

digimon kaiser

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m a little confused the pulsemon colors come with v/bwm chips as well or not