Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
NICE! Glad to see that's all it was! Based on what you just said, the proper connection for Zubamon would be JP3+JP4, without JP2 connected and JP1 should be irrelevant. Connecting JP2, JP3 and JP4 would be version 42, which is not a valid version.

So take note everyone, you CAN get DORUmon, but if you soldered your Wave 2 device, make sure the version number (A+B+Reset to check, immediately reset after checking without pressing any other buttons to prevent data loss) is a number followed by a letter. If it says Version 40, 41 or 42, it sounds like it won't work.

Last edited:

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The only exclusives are Agumon and Gabumon. Coredramon eggs are on both, but the other eggs you mentioned were only on the Japanese wave 2 pets. According to the past two pages, we might get our own wave 2!:eek:

Unrealx206

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The method I used was sending a copy from the Zubamon device to the blue one, as previously mention it doesn't seem to allow the English devices to send copy stock to the Japanese vpet.
Just a quick update ony earlier post, I've just sent Copy stock from the blue English device to the Gold Japanese device and it worked fine and unlocked the Dorumon Egg on the blue device, I dont know why I got the retry error previously but I only tried it twice so it could have just been a bad connection.

EDIT: I've just seen that the Meicoomon egg has been unlocked on my Gold device after the second reset with my blue device, the only other devices I've connected to it have been Pendulums so I'm confused as to how that happened.

Last edited:

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So if I one day run into somebody who has a Gold Japanese Version I can connect my English ones and inherit an egg? Which versions mix and match with what?

Shinx

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, that is totally possible; doesn't necessarily have to be the Japanese Gold one, either!

The Japanese Gray and Brown are "Wave 1" - the same as the ones we've just gotten, so connecting those won't unlock anything in particular (but will add towards unlocking your device's version exclusive egg).
The Japanese Black, Gold and White models are "Wave 2" and connecting them to the English devices will unlock Dorumon's egg when the units connect to one another.

Glowsocks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yew..
Got Graymon an the chitshooter.
On my way to teddymon an metalgraymon.
Feels like this is much easer than it was before, granted 8yo me was quite pathetic...

TheRedRanger

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I'll be interested to see if there are any other changes. I have Greymon and Leomon now, both with over 80% win rate and over 15 battles each and no care mistakes. (OCD comes in handy sometimes lol) But by this point I have more than 5 digimon in the database and over 50 wins, so in theory I should have unlocked Hackmon and Dracomon Blue lines by now.

If I encounter any surprises I'll post them here.

Glowsocks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I'll be interested to see if there are any other changes. I have Greymon and Leomon now, both with over 80% win rate and over 15 battles each and no care mistakes. (OCD comes in handy sometimes lol) But by this point I have more than 5 digimon in the database and over 50 wins, so in theory I should have unlocked Hackmon and Dracomon Blue lines by now.

Does battling the inbuilt battle system count as wins?

TheRedRanger

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Does battling the inbuilt battle system count as wins?
I believe so. At least according to the guides. Right Shinx?

QPCloudy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I played Tamagotchi when I was a kid. ALWAYS wanted a Digimon v-pet but if I recall correctly they were too expensive or my parents just thought they were stupid and wouldn't buy me one. Anyhow, I'm getting one of each color from Gamestop on Monda and I am so stoked.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No Meico, Corona & Luna #NoBuy. Sorry, not sorry. The best part when I dove into the Japanese one was getting to raise GraceNovamon. I would snatch instead the DMX Ver. 2 which I thought I'd spare for anytime in the near future.
Yeah if you already have the Japanese versions, there's literally no logical reason to get these, especially if you aren't in one of the territories actually selling them. I'm only buying a bunch because I want to show support for more releases in the US.

So I played Tamagotchi when I was a kid. ALWAYS wanted a Digimon v-pet but if I recall correctly they were too expensive or my parents just thought they were stupid and wouldn't buy me one. Anyhow, I'm getting one of each color from Gamestop on Monda and I am so stoked.
One of each color?! You're really jumping back in! Hope you enjoy them, if you have questions about them, let us know!

QPCloudy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No Meico, Corona & Luna #NoBuy. Sorry, not sorry. The best part when I dove into the Japanese one was getting to raise GraceNovamon. I would snatch instead the DMX Ver. 2 which I thought I'd spare for anytime in the near future.
Yeah if you already have the Japanese versions, there's literally no logical reason to get these, especially if you aren't in one of the territories actually selling them. I'm only buying a bunch because I want to show support for more releases in the US.

One of each color?! You're really jumping back in! Hope you enjoy them, if you have questions about them, let us know!
Well, I am getting multiple so I can give one to my son and we can raise them together and battle. However, he is turning 8 and as a child his age is, he is not the most responsible. I completely expect him to eventually lose or break the one I give him. So, I want to make sure I still have backups before they are all sold out or have an astronomical price. I've noticed the Digimon hobby is considerably more expensive than Tamagotchi.

TheRedRanger

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You're not wrong QP! It's certainly a pricier hobby than tamagotchi. But (imho) so much more with it hehe.

I hope he enjoys it! That's the dream - battling against a parent. :) You might have to start him on the old anime too... ;-)

You know it's a shame we can organise a local tournament or something to push awareness of these. Sales always seem to increase when there's organised competition involved...

UPDATE: Just did a quick check at some of the stores in my local area. I can confirm the local JB Hifi, EB Games (the Australian version of Gamestop) and ZING! have all sold out of their preordered stock. Big W may or may not have some left... good sign. Hopefully Bandai notices Australia love them! :)

Last edited:

Shinx

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, it's heartening to see us pick it all up again so willingly, and hopefully it speaks some volume to Bandai that the franchise still has a place over here even after they basically totally gave up on it.

The lack of D1 again is a bit of a shame because an online tournament would definitely spark some additional excitement.

I'm tempted to see if I can get my hands on a D-Com for the online project for a bit of fun in lieu.

An aside:
Anyone know the status of release for these over in the US?
Got some friends over there that are getting kinda impatient with Australia's launch being over a week ago now, and I can't find a solid launch date beyond what Amazon says.

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My two have been plotting along well so far. I’ve managed to reach the Digimon I was aiming for so far. One thing I completely spaced on was what the evolution of the Agumon on the Brown device was. I didn’t want two MetalGreymon, so I set out to get MGMon on my Yellow and Mamemon on the Brown. I looked at the guide Humulos made so I knew what I needed to do; the problem was I let my fiancé pick which adult to go for. We got so caught up in the conversation, and I was so chuffed she was taking an interest in the whole thing, that when she said she wanted Devimon I just went with it. It didn’t dawn on me what I was doing until it was too late to make care mistakes and overfeed for a Meramon.

Anyway. Right now the yellow has Greymon and Devidramon and the brown has MetalGreymon and Monochromon. If my calculations are correct Greymon will evolve in exactly 6 hours and 53 minutes from this post.

Tiramisu

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am so happy with my digi's! pre-ordered 2 (Australia) and got the exact colors i wanted! (couldn't select myself)

Currently raising a Greymon / DarkTyrannomon on my blue device and Numemon / Raremon on yellow,
excited to have a Monzaemon / Ex-Tyrannomon!

big thankyou to this forum and humulos for all the amazing info, you've made reliving my childhood much easier

edit: himulos to humulos, sorry!

Last edited:

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh man! I wanted to record Greymon evolving! I set my alarm for a few minutes before, but I forgot to change the day. I was right about the exact minute he evolved though, because he woke me up! I’m spitting chips that I didn’t use all of his DP before he evolved again! Oh well.