Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, then I am fairly certain they must have excluded compatibility with Wave 2 signals.

Nonetheless I'll be interested to see what results you get!
Out of curiosity, do you get anything for connecting Brown/Navy to Gray/Yellow?

Shinx

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's a good question!
Connecting the english Navy to the japanese Gray did nothing, but I suppose tomorrow I can crack out the english Gray, get it connection ready and see if it does anything in particular.

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice to see a fellow Aussie, Shinx. Where did you nab yours from? I was lucky enough to get a set PO'd at JB. When I went in to pick them up yesterday the girl was like "OH! YOUR the guy who ordered all of them!?"

Last edited:

Glowsocks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I tried to preorder mine through jb but didn't want the Gray.
They said they would get more stock but never did. Thankfully Big W got on the band wagon an had stock for ages.

I seen eb games had them in store yesterday? So the people that missed out might still be able to get one. Unless you wana pay the $80 asking price on ebay, Facebook and Gumtree.
On a side note I got agumon today an can't for the life of me figure out how to hatch the 2nd egg.
Manual is at home an im at work.. Can't train an my battle screen just freezes. I assume it's because there is a gigantic effin egg in the way 😅

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, thankfully I went in and ordered them the day after they were announced. Even then only the brown one was left on the site but thankfully they were able to manually search them all and place the order. I work for The Good Guys, and my staff price discount applies at JB so i'm pretty chuffed to been able to grab all four the less than the price of ONE on eBay. I also also ordered a backup set online with Big W (thanks Afterpay and my fiance's not quite as nice as stock price 10% off discount because she works working at Woolies :p). I'm confident that there will be another release like with the Tamagotchi. In fact, there were heeeeeeaps of Tamagotchi resupplied when all the Digmon came out, so Bandai can see people are after these things. I have my fingers crossed for a Version 2 that is clear :)

In regards to the secondary egg; press A and B together and then cycle through to the egg you want and then press C.

Glowsocks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, thankfully I went in and ordered them the day after they were announced. Even then only the brown one was left on the site but thankfully they were able to manually search them all and place the order. I work for The Good Guys, and my staff price discount applies at JB so i'm pretty chuffed to been able to grab all four the less than the price of ONE on eBay. I also also ordered a backup set online with Big W (thanks Afterpay and my fiance's not quite as nice as stock price 10% off discount because she works working at Woolies :p). I'm confident that there will be another release like with the Tamagotchi. In fact, there were heeeeeeaps of Tamagotchi resupplied when all the Digmon came out, so Bandai can see people are after these things. I have my fingers crossed for a Version 2 that is clear :)

In regards to the secondary egg; press A and B together and then cycle through to the egg you want and then press C.

Thats a good deal.... Think my two cost me $78 including postage.
I'm now down the path of trying to relive all nostalgia by sauce a D3 an a scanner. Had one for half an hour as a kid before it got stolen, didn't even get to use it. Seen they were going for $600+ so won't be doing that unless I can find one cheap. Tried to buy Digimon world for Ps1 yesterday but couldn't bring myself to pay the $80 for 30mins of play.. Lol

Oh right okay. Got it sussed now.
Had to press C to cyle through them then press A+B.
Thanks dude. Was driving me nuts.
Now to figure out what egg I want.
God I feel like a child again.
Tee hee hee tee hee hee

Shinx

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Got mine via EBGames.
They were kind enough to not notify me that they had been released on the third, so I went in asking and it turned out they'd been holding my order for a few days.
Ordered four, got all bar the yellow one (got two greys), so I just grabbed yellow via Amazon; didn't even think to check Big W!

It's pretty nice to see that I'm not the only old Aussie fan that the release has dragged out, these things were crazy popular out here back in their heyday to the point where we got weird exclusives like the Version 6 V-Pet; I'm glad they've not exactly gone forgotten.

Sounds like you're going through what I did back when the japanese release took place, Glowsocks, trying to recapture all the experiences we had back with the originals (I did end up shelling out for Digimon World, though).
My advice when looking for reasonably priced nostalgia is try searching for terms adjacent to what you're looking for to catch people who don't really know what they are selling; search "Tamagotchi" and look for V-Pets or just generic "Digimon" in Gumtree, Cash Converters or Facebook marketplace and be vigilant.

Anyways, gonna get back to raising this english Gray unit!

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What kind of battery do they take? I wanted to grab a package, but didn't want to rely on an educated guess.

Rushy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They take a single cr2032. One is included with it.

TheRedRanger

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another Aussie here! Glad to seem I'm not the only one haha.

My Blue one finally arrived. (Kicking myself for not ordering more, but oh well.) If anyone else is in Brisbane I'd love a match one of these days. ;-) Just so everyone knows, it looks like EB Games have got them back on their website for $38, so if anyone missed out it looks like you can still get one. (As was mentioned above, it comes up as 'see in store' but I have a feeling not all stores are actually carrying them - may need to phone ahead.)

Glowsocks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

My Blue one finally arrived. (Kicking myself for not ordering more, but oh well.) If anyone else is in Brisbane I'd love a match one of these days. ;-) Just so everyone knows, it looks like EB Games have got them back on their website for $38, so if anyone missed out it looks like you can still get one. (As was mentioned above, it comes up as 'see in store' but I have a feeling not all stores are actually carrying them - may need to phone ahead.)
Yeah mate I'm in Logan. Battling just like the old days when in school an running from teachers when you get busted lol

Think I ruined my chances of my goals of Graymon.
Was a busy day an couldn't check up on it very much. Couldn't train an couldn't feed.
Agumon got sick after my new egg hatched an shit all over the place...
2nd egg im hoping got teddymon so not overly concerned how's he's travelling. He's just there chillin till he evolves.

TheRedRanger

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Yeah mate I'm in Logan. Battling just like the old days when in school an running from teachers when you get busted lol

Was a busy day an couldn't check up on it very much. Couldn't train an couldn't feed.
2nd egg im hoping got teddymon so not overly concerned how's he's travelling. He's just there chillin till he evolves.
Lol those were the days! I remember them getting banned and a mate of mine used to put everyones in his desk at school and feeding them for everyone during class.

I just got Greymon! Now hoping I've gotten it right for getting Leomon on my second... BlitzGreymon and Aegismon here we come! I'll be keen for a battle one of these days mate.

I can't believe they took out compatibility with the Wave 2s. But like was said earlier.... hopefully that means we'll get our own Wave 2 at some point... if almost the whole shipment of Digivices sold prior to release surely Bandai will notice haha.

UPDATE:
Ummmm, guys? I thought these weren't supposed to be compatible with the D3s and other "adventure" devices? Because I just tried battling my Greymon against my Japanese D3 Veemon, and it worked... (Veemon won btw...)

Last edited:

Glowsocks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Lol those were the days! I remember them getting banned and a mate of mine used to put everyones in his desk at school and feeding them for everyone during class.

I just got Greymon! Now hoping I've gotten it right for getting Leomon on my second... BlitzGreymon and Aegismon here we come! I'll be keen for a battle one of these days mate.

I can't believe they took out compatibility with the Wave 2s. But like was said earlier.... hopefully that means we'll get our own Wave 2 at some point... if almost the whole shipment of Digivices sold prior to release surely Bandai will notice haha.

UPDATE:
Ummmm, guys? I thought these weren't supposed to be compatible with the D3s and other "adventure" devices? Because I just tried battling my Greymon against my Japanese D3 Veemon, and it worked... (Veemon won btw...)
I dunno man I can't help ya.
I'm flat out trying to figure my own crap out.

Does the 2nd egg evolve quicker?
Caus I hatched the dude like 8 hours ago maybe an he just turned into an agumon.

SoulCoreAttack99

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cannot wait to get both of mine next week from GameStop because I pre-ordered mine last month! Question: Do you need to use your Digimon to battle many times in order to Digivolve like, for example, from Rookie to Champion 15 battles, Champion to Ultimate 30 or 50 times, and/or Ultimate to Mega 50 or 100 times more? I need to know for sure!

Shinx

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've reached child stage on the Gray device, and I've linked it to the Navy one...

Absolutely nothing happened, no egg was unlocked.
So they haven't added any new means of accessing the eggs they've removed, it seems.

The second egg does not evolve quicker; the evolution rates have been significantly boosted from the original toys (with the double-edged sword that time spent asleep doesn't count toward evolution times), so it only takes about 6.5 hours to reach Agumon from an egg hatch.
Evolution requirements beyond Adult/Champion is just "15+ battles with a high win rate", which I don't think it differentiates between battles that took place at Child/Rookie stage and Adult/Champion stage.
From what I've seen everything that applied in terms of mechanics from the japanese release still apply, so those guides (minus the wave 2 part) are still extremely useful for evolution times and requirements.

And as for compatibility with quest devices:
The official statement with the japanese release, if I recall, was that they weren't officially supported, but that only meant they wouldn't guarantee compatibility.
Most quest devices work just fine, and both the D-Terminal and the Wonderswan can sort-of begin a battle with the Ver. 20th.
The Ver. 20th itself will just display an error during the connection, but the other device will still successfully hold a battle, so it's not complete incompatibility, technically.

Last edited:

TheRedRanger

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huhhhhhmmm, interesting. In other words the mechanics should still be the same, they just never actually tested them. Cool, that's good news.

Surprised me that a rookie from a D3 beat a champion from a 20th though.

@SoulCoreAttack99: If you check the Wikimon site under the 20th vpet page, you can download full breakdowns for digivolving to each stage (I think it's 4 pages total?) It's worked for me so far.

Unrealx206

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey guys, I've seen a bit of confusion on the Dorumon Egg for the English release, Shinx mentioned he wasn't able to unlock it, I've just connected my blue device with my 2nd wave Zubamon device and it unlocked the Dorumon egg on both.

The method I used was sending a copy from the Zubamon device to the blue one, as previously mention it doesn't seem to allow the English devices to send copy stock to the Japanese vpet.

This should be great news to anyone that owns a second wave but not an original release, or a second device, and wants to use the new English release to unlock their additional eggs, I intend on resetting the blue one 4 more times so I can finally unlock Meicoomon on my gold device. I'm not really worried about the Agumon egg, if anyone is having trouble unlocking their egg I'd recommend doing what I've done or try resetting the device first and then connecting the two.

Shinx

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hm, unusual.

I tried it again just to check, and had the same result.
No Dorumon egg...
I am able to send stock from the Navy device to my Zubamon colour, but not the reverse.
Meaning my english stock can be sent to the japanese device, but not vice-versa.

There's certainly more to investigate here than I had expected.

I grow increasingly interested to see Humulos's observations.

EDIT: Actually, my observation may be a fault with my Zubamon device and my amateur job on setting up debug.
I ran a few tests copying things between other devices and, well...
Trying to send copymon from my Gold unit to my other japanese Ver 20th devices also results in an error message.
Even more confusingly, sending say, a Devimon to a Pendulum 20th causes the Copymon to appear as Kabuterimon...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/boudp8090hp9b9r/20190710_220323.mp4?dl=0

Out of frustration I desoldered the debug connections in my Ver 20th and resoldered, and now the signal is working fine both ways!
I unlocked Dorumon, and I can send Copymon between each device with no issue.
Even the missing egg lines have translated strings...

Last edited:

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's VERY interesting. Which JP connections did you have soldered? It's very possible that if you had too many connections soldered, that an invalid version could have been created. Zubamon color is kind of the "else" version, meaning that it doesn't have a specific JP tied to it and so various combinations can create it, resulting in 4 different Zubamon versions, but only one correct one. The true Zubamon version is a specific combination of these connections, so if the wrong combination is used, it could very well lead to an invalid version.

Shinx

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, cleared the pads on 1 and 2 just to make sure, left 3 and 4 as they were out of the box (which is to say, connected) and then trial-and-errored combinations of JP 1 and/or 2 because I couldn't find the guide I followed to begin with.
The correct combination is just one of the first two alongside 3 and 4, though I can't recall which ended up being the one.

Anyway, completely changes my perspective on what I've seen so far!
It is entirely possible we're going to see a Wave 2 in english given the compatibility still exists, even if the different board prevents switching between them in a trivial way.