Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So im trying to unlock the Hackmon egg and have won 100 battles, but its not registering that I hit the mark. Is there something else im supposed to do? In my record it currently has 111/120 Single battles. Am I supposed to have a 100 tag battles too?
Apparently there is some variation in the battle number and which type of battle it needs to be. I would say move on to grinding tag battles. You will unlock it eventually.

Coyotess

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Apparently there is some variation in the battle number and which type of battle it needs to be. I would say move on to grinding tag battles. You will unlock it eventually.
Cool Ill try it. Thanks

Edit: I got it after a few tag battles. Thank you again

LopmonDE

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello!

im considering getting a translucent blue digimon 20th (English). I see that to get Coronamon’s egg I need to connect to five unique 20th devices.

down the line I would like to get a pendulum 20th (Japanese of course). When I get that device, does it count if I connect five times (resetting the profile each time) to unlock the Corona egg?

edit: found out pendulums don’t have “names” so it only counts for one, but I’m just gonna get a second DM20 and reset. :)

Last edited:

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello!

im considering getting a translucent blue digimon 20th (English). I see that to get Coronamon’s egg I need to connect to five unique 20th devices.

down the line I would like to get a pendulum 20th (Japanese of course). When I get that device, does it count if I connect five times (resetting the profile each time) to unlock the Corona egg?

edit: found out pendulums don’t have “names” so it only counts for one, but I’m just gonna get a second DM20 and reset. :)
If it’s worth it to you, you also have the option of getting any third DM20 to reset for the sake of unlocking eggs and get a Wave 2 translucent purple or yellow pet as your second pet for the sake of getting Lunamon. The deal with the wave 2 pets is that in order to get the super ultimate form of Coronamon’s evolution line you need to jogress Coronamon’s mega with the mega of Lunamon’s line, and to do that you would have to have the special eggs of both wave 2 pets. :/ You don’t really *need* GraceNovamon or anything, but it’s cool to have an evolution after mega IMO so I thought I’d let you know you could do it if you wanted to since you seem to like Coronamon. You don’t need to though. c:

LopmonDE

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@clc88
  1. Yes
  2. No
  3. No
  4. Yes
  5. Probably
  6. Yes
  7. Possibly, the Japanese Digivice is more likely than the US/International one
  8. Yes
  9. No idea
  10. No idea
  11. Yes
Note that for any of these connections, only connecting to another Digital Monster Ver.20th or Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th will count as a connection for unlocking eggs

sorry for invoking such an old post, but what exactly is the compatibility between an ENGLISH DM20 and a Japanese Pendulum 20th? I know the copy can only be sent from Eng20 to JPen20, but can they battle????

I really need a battle partner for my English DM20 and I just found out my D-Scanner and PenProg aren’t compatible.

((old man voice)) in my day they all connected! Lol ;)

just want to make sure as I’m considering investing in a Silver Blue Pendulum 20.

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@clc88
  1. Yes
  2. No
  3. No
  4. Yes
  5. Probably
  6. Yes
  8. Yes
  9. No idea
  10. No idea
  11. Yes
Note that for any of these connections, only connecting to another Digital Monster Ver.20th or Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th will count as a connection for unlocking eggs

sorry for invoking such an old post, but what exactly is the compatibility between an ENGLISH DM20 and a Japanese Pendulum 20th? I know the copy can only be sent from Eng20 to JPen20, but can they battle????

I really need a battle partner for my English DM20 and I just found out my D-Scanner and PenProg aren’t compatible.

just want to make sure as I’m considering investing in a Silver Blue Pendulum 20.
You can do all the battles on the 20th. You use the trophy icon and just select start instead of continue to get an easy battle. The 20th can connect to and battle many devices. You just need to select other. It annoys me that they cannot battle the 20th Pendulums in the 20th style but you can always use other and get an original v pet style battle.

LopmonDE

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@clc88
  1. Yes
  2. No
  3. No
  4. Yes
  5. Probably
  6. Yes
  8. Yes
  9. No idea
  10. No idea
  11. Yes

You can do all the battles on the 20th. You use the trophy icon and just select start instead of continue to get an easy battle. The 20th can connect to and battle many devices. You just need to select other. It annoys me that they cannot battle the 20th Pendulums in the 20th style but you can always use other and get an original v pet style battle.
I know about the single player
@clc88
  1. Yes
  2. No
  3. No
  4. Yes
  5. Probably
  6. Yes
  8. Yes
  9. No idea
  10. No idea
  11. Yes

I know I can battle on the 20th, but I wanted to battle other devices, so I can assure my win percentage without worrying about my coliseum placement, that’s all. :) sometimes it’s just nice to have a punching bag device.

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is there megahit on single battle?

I realize I can achieve megahit on tagged battle by hitting the arrow and stacking the plates to around horizon height.

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is there megahit on single battle?

I realize I can achieve megahit on tagged battle by hitting the arrow and stacking the plates to around horizon height.
I didn’t know you there was a difference tbh. I always thought that the best hit you can get was a maxed out meter which generally isn’t a megahit. Is this not the case? How are you supposed to do battles normally if you don’t spam the button to the top of the screen? And is it different depending what Digimon you have?

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For tagged battles megahit, I get a wave which cuts my enemy health to half lol. So far, the sweet spot is to stop the arrow at the horizons of the background picture. Then stack the plates at the same position as the height of the arrow.

I'm not sure whether there are any other combinations or factors.

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So it doesn't depend on what Digimon you have?

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you so much. Seems like the best combo is the 5, 9 column?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah that's what most people, myself included, tend to stick with. It's not always the best option since the order of the hits that occur is vital, so if you want to ensure you don't fire any weak shots, you can always go with 2, 12. The consistency with that one can be more beneficial in some cases.

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is there megahit for single battles? Or just smash the A button to get the highest height?

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

This should help with understanding the shot order
I might just be dumb but I have no idea how to read that chart. It also doesn’t help that I haven’t played with a DM20 since the English wave 2 first came out. What exactly am I looking at?

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

This should help with understanding the shot order
I might just be dumb but I have no idea how to read that chart. It also doesn’t help that I haven’t played with a DM20 since the English wave 2 first came out. What exactly am I looking at?
There are three different kinds of attack sprites that Digimon have in the 20th a strong attack, a weak attack, and a critical attack. The weak and strong attacks can either be single or double shots. The critical attack is the same for all Digimon and looks like a large crescent.

In tag battles you have two inputs. First you stop arrows going up and down. This is shown on the right side of the chart. You can get one arrow, two, three, or four. The second input is mashing the button to fill in a column. You can press the button between 0 to 14 times. The top of the chart shows this input. The middle of the chart shows the results of the two inputs.

So if you get one arrow and 0 presses your attack results will be the image in the top left of the chart. Weak single attack, strong single attack, weak double, weak single, weak single. If you get the full 4 arrows and mash the button 14 times you get the bottom right result. Strong double, strong double, weak double, strong double, strong double. Critical attacks are highlighted in yellow. And you need special input combinations to get them.

Last edited:

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All exclusives for the English Wave 3 are now revealed.

Black - Taichi's Augmon
White - Matt's Gabumon
Purple - Coronamon
Neon Red - Lunamon
Translucent Orange, Glow in the Dark and Translucent Neon Green - Meicoomon

All 15 colors, plus the 5 Japanese versions, can be viewed here with details on what is available on them: https://humulos.com/digimon/dm20/exclusives/

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All exclusives for the English Wave 3 are now revealed.

Black - Taichi's Augmon
White - Matt's Gabumon
Purple - Coronamon
Neon Red - Lunamon
Translucent Orange, Glow in the Dark and Translucent Neon Green - Meicoomon

All 15 colors, plus the 5 Japanese versions, can be viewed here with details on what is available on them: https://humulos.com/digimon/dm20/exclusives/
Wow kinda figured this lot would have all the exclusive eggs. Was kinda hoping that they would have hidden some of the Pendulum 20th's in there, but this is still a really cool release!