Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Great thanks! This was killing my head trying to figure out haha. I thought Grey/Yellow had the Taichi egg while Brown/Navy had the Yamato egg. I assume it's a typo but that means if I connect my Grey device to a Yamato device say Brown named YAMA, then I connect it to a Navy Yamato device also named YAMA it'll count as one connection? But say I connect my Grey device to a Brown device called YAMA then I connect it to a Translucent Blue device also named YAMA it will actually count as 2 connections, right?
Yep, typo, that's what I get for doing that from memory LOL. Corrected my original post, and yes, the scenario you describe is accurate.

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm a little confused on the connection to 5 unique devices. Is this correct?

So if connect Grey to Yellow: 0 connection

Connect Grey to Blue (or any other color other than Yellow): 1 connection

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm a little confused on the connection to 5 unique devices. Is this correct?

So if connect Grey to Yellow: 0 connection

Connect Grey to Blue (or any other color other than Yellow): 1 connection
Not quite. Let's you had 3 devices that all had the same name, one yellow, one gray and one brown. If you connect Gray to Yellow, that's a connection. If you connect Gray to Brown, that's another connection. But if you connect Brown to Yellow, Brown will not have had another unique connection, since the Gray it connected to is the same version as Yellow.

If this is confusing (it is), then just focus on the names instead. As long as you give all your devices unique tamer names, they will always count as different connections.

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@humulos Thank you so much. I understand already

To get wargreymon from slayerdra egg, wingdramon needs to battle 100+ times. This 100+ times refers to Battle record or wingdramon needs to battle 100+ times?

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So i've decided complete the living index on my Brown V1; i'll aim to finish it before the V3's come out. I still have about 30 or so Digimon I haven't gotten yet so there's still a fair bit to go.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@humulos Thank you so much. I understand already

To get wargreymon from slayerdra egg, wingdramon needs to battle 100+ times. This 100+ times refers to Battle record or wingdramon needs to battle 100+ times?
The 100 battles need to be done with Wingdramon. They can't be battles when it was Coredramon or Dracomon either, they must be done as Wingdramon.

So i've decided complete the living index on my Brown V1; i'll aim to finish it before the V3's come out. I still have about 30 or so Digimon I haven't gotten yet so there's still a fair bit to go.
Sounds like fun, good luck!

Odditude

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What happens when you have finished all the 100 TAG battles?
Does it restart (back to Kunemon and Palmon) or do you stay in that last battle?

My team just died, and I had just reached Alphamon and Omegamon :(

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does it restart (back to Kunemon and Palmon) or do you stay in that last battle?

Once you finish the 100th battle, it does indeed restart from the beginning.

Odditude

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Once you finish the 100th battle, it does indeed restart from the beginning.
Thanks for the reply :)

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s pretty disappointing that you get nothing at all from beating the Colosseums. No special unlockable eggs not even a “Champion” screen.

ForgottenFoxxo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi, sorry for this newbie question. but I have a translucent green digivice. Currently just trying to figure out how to obtain the special eggs, like hackmon, etc?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi, sorry for this newbie question. but I have a translucent green digivice. Currently just trying to figure out how to obtain the special eggs, like hackmon, etc?
Through battling, raising many Digimon and connecting to other devices. You can see the specific requirements for each egg here:

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For V20th, it cannot get Copymon from Pendulum 20th? So far I can only send Copymon to Pendulum 20th.

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've noticed that Version 5 is really under represented in Digimon games and media and stuff. Like Digimon from it aren't in Digimon world and yet Digimon from nature spirits are. I was wondering if there was a reason Version 5 is kinda under represented. I know Version 5 has the strange Godzilla connection. Did they just fold a non Digimon pet into the Digimon line because it had already been worked on, or did they rush the version 5 and just toss in assets from another pet or something somehow? Or was it a purposeful homage?

Also wondering why they didn't stuff the Version 6 egg into the 20th. I know it was a sort of Asia Australia exclusive pet, but it has a few unique Digimon and it would have been a nice opportunity to expose other regions to it. They made up extra eggs to put in and yet right there was an opportunity to add another full evolution set that many had not experienced.

Dynamicmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm sure this has been asked before but is their a dp20th style Acom set up for DM20 to connect with 'other VPets' to unlock eggs and get Copy Data for specific Jogress's, or would that still require some time?

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've noticed that Version 5 is really under represented in Digimon games and media and stuff. Like Digimon from it aren't in Digimon world and yet Digimon from nature spirits are. I was wondering if there was a reason Version 5 is kinda under represented. I know Version 5 has the strange Godzilla connection. Did they just fold a non Digimon pet into the Digimon line because it had already been worked on, or did they rush the version 5 and just toss in assets from another pet or something somehow? Or was it a purposeful homage?

Also wondering why they didn't stuff the Version 6 egg into the 20th. I know it was a sort of Asia Australia exclusive pet, but it has a few unique Digimon and it would have been a nice opportunity to expose other regions to it. They made up extra eggs to put in and yet right there was an opportunity to add another full evolution set that many had not experienced.
When can one find info on the version 6? Can't seem to find any on the web.

whatthechuck3

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

When can one find info on the version 6? Can't seem to find any on the web.
It was a Bandai Asia (which includes Australia) exclusive pet, and as such goes for astronomical prices these days. It basically just had the roster of the 1.0 Pendulum Nature Spirits with one or two differences. Mainly, the Ultimates/Megas were removed, and ShellNumemon and Tekkamon were added to the list of Perfects/Ultimates (while most of the Jogress-Only Perfects were also removed). You can find limited info on the device on Wikimon, where it's actually included as the 1st "Pendulum Cycle" device. That's kind of both correct and incorrect (as they do follow on the numbering as Ver7, Ver8, etc), but it's lumped there since they are also Asia/Australia exclusives.

https://wikimon.net/Digimon_Pendulum_Cycle#:~:text=The Digimon Pendulum Cycle is,6 being exclusive to Australia).

But my bet that it wasn't included is just that Bandai themselves tend to not really acknowledge its existence. It was never released in Japan, either, and much of the roster does align with the Nature Spirits Pendulum (which was also getting its own anniversary device), so they likely felt no real need to include it in the original Japanese DM20 release...which also would prevent it from being on the English DM20.

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@whatthechuck3 : I’m not a super special Digimon history expert or anything, but I’m sure the reason you guessed is the reason they didn’t add it. If the Pendulum 20th was right around the corner they why bother when releasing an English version of the Digital Monster 20th was likely an afterthought and not predetermined. If they were going to add V6 then it would have been on the English version only anyway, I think. It wouldn’t make sense to add it to the Japanese DM, but I guess you’re right in saying they could have added it special for the English.

To be honest, though, it would have been nice for them to add literally anything to the English version that didn’t require 5 unique connections, so I kinda wish they did add V6. I mean, I’m gonna finally have enough devices for all the eggs when the wave 3 comes out, but I’m certainly not happy about it seeing as the devices are mostly identical aside from shell color (Although the glow in the dark one looks extremely badass and worth the money on its own). :/

Coyotess

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So im trying to unlock the Hackmon egg and have won 100 battles, but its not registering that I hit the mark. Is there something else im supposed to do? In my record it currently has 111/120 Single battles. Am I supposed to have a 100 tag battles too?