Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi guys. I am barely new in the world of the vpets. I have two 20th english version. The first one i got two months ago. (brick), and yesterday i got the second one (traslucent blue). I tried to conect them, but it doesn't work. Maybe one of them are broken inside or the connectors aren't well weld? Any suggestions or solution? Thanks for your attention.
The first thing I'd try is new batteries in both of them. (With very old V-Pets, it's often corrosion on the connectors, but these are too new for that.)

Bluesrock

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The first thing I'd try is new batteries in both of them. (With very old V-Pets, it's often corrosion on the connectors, but these are too new for that.)
Ok, I will try changing the batteries for new ones, but it is quite strange that they do not work to connect, since in themselves, the devices are new.

Bluesrock

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have opened both devices very carefully and on the newer one I noticed this scratch on the board. Could it be that it prevents connecting them correctly? I have not yet purchased new batteries. Everything else looks pretty well cared for. Even the connectors. Just that pretty weird scratch I noticed. The device is supposed to be new. The left one it's the blue translucent new. The other its de first vpet 20th i got.

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On your first one, the battery has been going for two months. And Digimon electronics have a long tradition of being supplied with substandard batteries, so the new one might not even be great either.

Also (I should have asked this first) are you sure you're doing the right things to connect them?

Last edited:

Bluesrock

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On your first one, the battery has been going for two months. And Digimon electronics have a long tradition of being supplied with substandard batteries, so the new one might not even be great either.

Also, are you sure you're doing the right things to connect them?
I've bought new batteries for both of them, but they still can't connect. I don't know exactly which one is presenting the problem. If the new one or the one i already had.

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can you list the exact steps you're doing to try to make them connect?

Bluesrock

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have rookies in both. If I chose to send a copy, i put one in "get" and the other in "send". They make the pairing sound. I put them together and press button B in anyone. The sound stops for a second, but then continues making it. It does not react in any. Same case in 20th battle. I put them together and he doesn't react. By pressing button B or not.

Something strange that I saw, just to investigate both, if I select battle and choose "other", in the translucent blue if I press B, it stops and says "retry", without pairing. But on the brick one if I do the same, it doesn't send the message "retry". keeps noising until it stop by default. Could that give an indication of which of the two is failing? Could you tell me BladeSabre what your V-pet does when doing that battle, "other" and press B?

I bought the newer on Amazon. I'm thinking i'll ask for refund.
I was very excited to have both of them. I could keep it but I feel like I would be left without experiencing a significant part of owning the V-Pets

Thanks for your answers, BladeSabre.

Some_Gamer_Dude

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still no Pendulums? Bit disappointed by that to be honest.

I have an Aegisdramon that is 38 now, I've never seen a Digimon this old. How old can they get on a 20th?

Bluesrock

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still no Pendulums? Bit disappointed by that to be honest.

I have an Aegisdramon that is 38 now, I've never seen a Digimon this old. How old can they get on a 20th?
I had a Jesmon who lived 29 years. I'm not sure if he died of old age or due to carelessness.

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For overfeed mistake, does it mean overfeeding until it gets sick or is it the moment it refuse to eat?
(Note that people don't normally say "overfeed mistake", and that "overfeed" and "care mistake" are different things.) Overfeeding is when it refuses to eat. Or, technically, it's the last food eaten before that, hence needing to get hungry again before another one will be counted.
Thanks @BladeSabre
I was just looking at Humulos Guide as it counts the number of 'overfeed', so I will need to be careful in estimating when it will refuse to eat right? In order not to trigger the refusal animation and making it count as one.

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have rookies in both. If I chose to send a copy, i put one in "get" and the other in "send". They make the pairing sound. I put them together and press button B in anyone. The sound stops for a second, but then continues making it. It does not react in any. Same case in 20th battle. I put them together and he doesn't react. By pressing button B or not.
OK, I don't really have any more ideas then.
Something strange that I saw, just to investigate both, if I select battle and choose "other", in the translucent blue if I press B, it stops and says "retry", without pairing. But on the brick one if I do the same, it doesn't send the message "retry". keeps noising until it stop by default. Could that give an indication of which of the two is failing? Could you tell me BladeSabre what your V-pet does when doing that battle, "other" and press B?
I don't have the English ones, and my Japanese ones are put away, so maybe someone else can answer that.
I was just looking at Humulos Guide as it counts the number of 'overfeed', so I will need to be careful in estimating when it will refuse to eat right? In order not to trigger the refusal animation and making it count as one.
Well, it's only an issue for one Digimon from each egg. But I probably just wouldn't feed them when they're not visibly hungry. E.g. check it and it has 2 hunger hearts, give it 2 meat regardless of its stomach capacity.

Bluesrock

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's ok, BladeSabre. I really appreciate your help. I have decided to refund to Amazon. I hope to order another V-pet soon. For the moment I am staying with the one I already had. Thank you!

Sylvie

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Version exclusive eggs come from connecting to 5 unique devices. This either means that the devices have a unique tamer name, or that they have a different version number from your device. The other devices MUST be a Ver.20th device, and must be connecting using the Ver.20th Battle System or Copymon transfer. If using a Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th, the connection MUST be via Copymon, battles will not work.
Sorry for necroing, but what does "Version Number" mean? Does this mean like the color? Or does each device itself have a unique number regardless of the color?
If it's color,does a grey connecting to a yellow count as same version number? Sorry if the question is confusing but I am trying to figure out what that means before I set names for some of my other devices. (I have one of each color of the ENG Ver20)

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From my understanding, they can be same colour but as long as they are different devices with a different tamer name, it will be counted as one.

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it corresponds to which special egg it has (so some colours have the same number).

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol to be honest, I wasnt clear whats your qns. Are you trying to ask whats the criteria to unlock the special egg?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah Blade's got it, the unique egg indicates version. For easy reference, the versions at all below:
0 - Brown, Navy
1 - Gray, Yellow
2 - Omegamon, Translucent Green, Translucent Blue
3 - Alphamon, Translucent Purple, Translucent Yellow
4 - Zubamon
5 - NULL
6 - Silver Black Pendulum
7 - Silver Blue Pendulum
8 - Dukemon Pendulum
9 - Beelzebumon Pendulum

So each number counts as one connection, but for versions 0-4 the connection is also unique if connecting to a device with a different name from the others you've connected to.

Last edited:

Some_Gamer_Dude

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok, Aegisdramon is 44 now. I'm getting the feeling 20ths die due to care mistakes, not age. I've only had 1 care mistake and he's not terribly needy.

Sylvie

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah Blade's got it, the unique egg indicates version. For easy reference, the versions at all below:
0 - Brown, Yellow
1 - Gray, Navy
2 - Omegamon, Translucent Green, Translucent Blue
3 - Alphamon, Translucent Purple, Translucent Yellow
4 - Zubamon
5 - NULL
6 - Silver Black Pendulum
7 - Silver Blue Pendulum
8 - Dukemon Pendulum
9 - Beelzebumon Pendulum

So each number counts as one connection, but for versions 0-4 the connection is also unique if connecting to a device with a different name from the others you've connected to.
Great thanks! This was killing my head trying to figure out haha. I thought Grey/Yellow had the Taichi egg while Brown/Navy had the Yamato egg. I assume it's a typo but that means if I connect my Grey device to a Yamato device say Brown named YAMA, then I connect it to a Navy Yamato device also named YAMA it'll count as one connection? But say I connect my Grey device to a Brown device called YAMA then I connect it to a Translucent Blue device also named YAMA it will actually count as 2 connections, right?

Sylvie

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok, Aegisdramon is 44 now. I'm getting the feeling 20ths die due to care mistakes, not age. I've only had 1 care mistake and he's not terribly needy.
I got a BlitzGreymon and Skullmamothmon to age 99+(it stops at 99) and eventually they died because I went to the store after waking up and forgot to check on them after they had been up for a while so probably due to leaving a care mistake for too long, but yes they can last a long time.