Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a Metalgreymon and Skullgreymon (both virus, I think) and it feels like I win maybe 75% of my matches against other perfect Digimons ( there was a time where I lost 3 battles in a row against the same Digimon) and I find myself constantly having to reset, so I dont mess up my Ultimate evolution win %.
Yeah, I'm having a hard time keeping Numemon and Raremon above 70%.
For Adult to Perfect it's "win 12 out of your 15 most recent battles", and there isn't a win requirement for Perfect to Ultimate.

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I'm having a hard time keeping Numemon and Raremon above 70%. It seems like once you reach that bar most NPC Digimon dodge attacks really easily, but it could very well be the Vaccine types. Mojyamon in particular was a huge pain. Each loss takes the percentage down quite a few points, so it really feels like "one step forward, two steps back". :/
You can always just fight the first battle over and over again to get a 100% win ratio. You only need to win 12/15 battles and have battled at least 15 times to definitely get to Monzaimon. Just select start instead of next when doing the battle.

Lee_Bug

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I'm having a hard time keeping Numemon and Raremon above 70%. It seems like once you reach that bar most NPC Digimon dodge attacks really easily, but it could very well be the Vaccine types. Mojyamon in particular was a huge pain. Each loss takes the percentage down quite a few points, so it really feels like "one step forward, two steps back". :/
You can always just fight the first battle over and over again to get a 100% win ratio. You only need to win 12/15 battles and have battled at least 15 times to definitely get to Monzaimon. Just select start instead of next when doing the battle.
Didn't know that was a thing! Wow. Thank you

whatthechuck3

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So you can't just connect to the same device 5 times to get the special eggs, correct?

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nope you need 5 different devices. They need to either be a different version or have a different tamer name. The v 20th pendulum also works but only if you use the copy function

whatthechuck3

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nope you need 5 different devices. They need to either be a different version or have a different tamer name. The v 20th pendulum also works but only if you use the copy function
Gotcha, I thought so, but I wanted to make sure there was no way to "cheat" the system lol. I've got an English 20th and 1 of the Pen 20ths, and I thought about getting one of the Ver2 of the English 20ths, but I might not if I would then still have to get 2 more devices just to get 1 egg line.

Lee_Bug

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think you can just keep resetting one device and giving it a different tamer name each time, yeah?

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think you can just keep resetting one device and giving it a different tamer name each time, yeah?
Yes you could, but then you can only unlock one special egg on one device, because resetting the name also resets all progress on the device. Also in his particular case it wouldn't do anything. You don't put a name into the Pendulums

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gotcha, I thought so, but I wanted to make sure there was no way to "cheat" the system lol. I've got an English 20th and 1 of the Pen 20ths, and I thought about getting one of the Ver2 of the English 20ths, but I might not if I would then still have to get 2 more devices just to get 1 egg line.
I've been thinking about it and there may be a way you could cheat it partially. There is a way of changing which version of pendulum you have. You need to open it up and make/ destroy connections on the circut board. This can be done to unlock all the eggs on the pendulum, and each version may be considered a different device for the v pet so that could potentially get you 4/5 connections. As a bonus you would get all the black and blue pendulum eggs, but you could end up erasing your data or destroying your device. I've been thinking of hacking my pendulum but I'm too afraid so far.

whatthechuck3

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been thinking about it and there may be a way you could cheat it partially. There is a way of changing which version of pendulum you have. You need to open it up and make/ destroy connections on the circut board. This can be done to unlock all the eggs on the pendulum, and each version may be considered a different device for the v pet so that could potentially get you 4/5 connections. As a bonus you would get all the black and blue pendulum eggs, but you could end up erasing your data or destroying your device. I've been thinking of hacking my pendulum but I'm too afraid so far.
Yeah I’ve been thinking of doing that too because I want the black device, but they’re so expensive now since scalpers are the only way to get one. But I’ve been wary to for the same reason because if I end up bricking my blue device I’m unlikely to get another...

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I will be receiving my device next week.

To unlock the secret egg (between Opaque and Translucent device), both devices need to have at least a Rookie? Battle function will just unlock the egg?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I will be receiving my device next week.

To unlock the secret egg (between Opaque and Translucent device), both devices need to have at least a Rookie? Battle function will just unlock the egg?
That's correct! You will need to choose "Ver.20th" as the battle option, not "Other"

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks humulos. For overfeed mistake, does it mean overfeeding until it gets sick or is it the moment it refuse to eat?

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For overfeed mistake, does it mean overfeeding until it gets sick or is it the moment it refuse to eat?
(Note that people don't normally say "overfeed mistake", and that "overfeed" and "care mistake" are different things.) Overfeeding is when it refuses to eat. Or, technically, it's the last food eaten before that, hence needing to get hungry again before another one will be counted.

whatthechuck3

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So something odd here, maybe someone can answer this. I copied over my Metalmamemon from my Eng 20th to my Pen20 to try to Jogress Hangyomon with it for Plesiomon (since it needs a Data Perfect). However, despite Metalmamemon being Data the Jogress was a mismatch. I was able to successfully copy over Piccolomon to Jogress with....but why did Piccolomon work and not MetalMamemon? Any ideas?

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So something odd here, maybe someone can answer this. I copied over my Metalmamemon from my Eng 20th to my Pen20 to try to Jogress Hangyomon with it for Plesiomon (since it needs a Data Perfect). However, despite Metalmamemon being Data the Jogress was a mismatch. I was able to successfully copy over Piccolomon to Jogress with....but why did Piccolomon work and not MetalMamemon? Any ideas?
MetalMamemon on the Pendulum is a Data, but the one copied from the V-Pet is a Vaccine. Just a weird inconsistency.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wave 3 is coming soon.

This time it's a wave of 7 colors.

No news on what the exclusive egg distribution might be this time.

whatthechuck3

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
MetalMamemon on the Pendulum is a Data, but the one copied from the V-Pet is a Vaccine. Just a weird inconsistency.
That was my guess, but he was listed as Data on Humulos’s guide for both devices.

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That was my guess, but he was listed as Data on Humulos’s guide for both devices.
I just checked my notes, and apparently MetalMamemon is Data on the V-Pet and the Pendulum, but a copy of the V-Pet variant on the Pendulum is Vaccine. So this is actually a bug I guess.

Bluesrock

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi guys. I am barely new in the world of the vpets. I have two 20th english version. The first one i got two months ago. (brick), and yesterday i got the second one (traslucent blue). I tried to conect them, but it doesn't work. Maybe one of them are broken inside or the connectors aren't well weld? Any suggestions or solution? Thanks for your attention.