Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do we know anything about the unlocking requirements? The Japanese version's shtick of 'connect to five v-pets with different names' was frankly unreasonable.

Unrealx206

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do we know anything about the unlocking requirements? The Japanese version's shtick of 'connect to five v-pets with different names' was frankly unreasonable.
Agreed, but from the comments I've seen it's the same, I only got the Blue one but I do have a Zubamon one so I can now unlock the Meicoomon egg at least, it's a shame they're on based on the phase 1 models and not phase 2, as we know phase 2 was better due to the extra evolutions.

Unrealx206

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Got mine today, Blue one, hopefully they'll start getting out to everyone else this week.

Glowsocks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yew. Mines Coming today. Should be within the next hour or so.
2x yellow. (had yellow when I was 8)
Pretty excited to see what the new gen is all about.
Forum has been a good source of information regarding this edition. Also a small video on youtube showing how the English 20th works.
Looking forward to all the sneaky tips an tricks you guys figure out.

Am disappointed you can't tab cheat though 😂

SkytheGoggleHead

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Agreed, but from the comments I've seen it's the same, I only got the Blue one but I do have a Zubamon one so I can now unlock the Meicoomon egg at least, it's a shame they're on based on the phase 1 models and not phase 2, as we know phase 2 was better due to the extra evolutions.

The Digivice Helper FB page confirmed that the requirements for unlocking the Agumon/Gabumon egg is the same as the Japanese releases. It's a bummer but yeah. They were compatible with the helper and did the different connection method to get the Agumon egg on their blue vpet.

On that note, I'm assuming that you can unlock the dorumon egg on your japanese wave 2 vpets using these but has anyone tried yet? Also does it unlock on the english vpet as well? I know the japanese versions did but I don't know about the english vpets. My friend is thinking of getting one but if it can't unlock the dorumon egg then she probably won't get it. Sadly I won't be able to test it out fully myself since my wave 2 already has dorumon unlocked. And my english vpet won't be coming until next week anyway.

Glowsocks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alrightie.
They arrived. Bit Diffrent to how I remember wirh more features etc. Could of sworn they were a little bit bigger 20 years ago😅.
Sound seems a bit iffy, not sure if it's battery or just weird. Screen seems dull but will get new batteries anyway.
So far enjoying the nostalgia but am wondering if I will be stuck with Just series 1 digimon as I don't know anyone with a digivice to pair with🤔
If so I'll gun for teddymon then throw it in the draw😒

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So far enjoying the nostalgia but am wondering if I will be stuck with Just series 1 digimon as I don't know anyone with a digivice to pair with
You start off with the egg from the original v-pet (plus two new Mega forms!), and after reaching the Child/Rookie stage for the first time you unlock four more eggs that correspond with Versions 2, 3, 4 and 5 that were released in Japan.

As you obtain more Digimon and win more battles, you can unlock four more eggs with linear evolution lines (Hackmon, Zubamon, and two Dracomon eggs).

Finally, there's the 'version exclusive' egg (which for the Yellow model is a linear Gabumon line matching up with his anime counterpart), which as mentioned before is unlocked by connecting to five more of these new v-pets - but this is also achievable with a second one that's been reset with a different name multiple times.

Glowsocks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So far enjoying the nostalgia but am wondering if I will be stuck with Just series 1 digimon as I don't know anyone with a digivice to pair with
You start off with the egg from the original v-pet (plus two new Mega forms!), and after reaching the Child/Rookie stage for the first time you unlock four more eggs that correspond with Versions 2, 3, 4 and 5 that were released in Japan.

As you obtain more Digimon and win more battles, you can unlock four more eggs with linear evolution lines (Hackmon, Zubamon, and two Dracomon eggs).

Finally, there's the 'version exclusive' egg (which for the Yellow model is a linear Gabumon line matching up with his anime counterpart), which as mentioned before is unlocked by connecting to five more of these new v-pets - but this is also achievable with a second one that's been reset with a different name multiple times.
Ahh right okay cool.
So regardless im going to have to unbox my other one to battle so I can progress?
You can't battle the two Digimon you raise on the same device I guess.

Hmm. Will see how I go an how dedicated I am to raise multipal pets.... Lol

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You can't battle your Digimon against each other, but you CAN battle the 200 preprogrammed encounters included on the device itself. These battles count for evolution, and unless you want the version exclusive egg (which, the version exclusive egg is not THAT great, the best part of the device is the original 5 eggs, so no big loss if you can't get it), you can get the full experience with ONE device, you do NOT need a second one unless you really just want to battle another device. I recently got Omegamon Alter-S with no issues by raising my left and right Digimon together, and not once did they connect to another device.

Glowsocks

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah awesome. Never really liked Gabumon anyway.
Do you guys by chance know the characters you get with the Gray, blue and brown Digimons by chance?

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah awesome. Never really liked Gabumon anyway.
Do you guys by chance know the characters you get with the Gray, blue and brown Digimons by chance?
Grey is Gabumon again, Brown and Blue are Agumon. Another linear line based on his anime counterpart.

Shinx

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another Australian jumping in here, got my devices a few days back!

Making a few observations for the curious beyond what is already known:
Dorumon's egg does not appear to be unlockable in the english versions; I tried pairing my blue english device with the japanese wave 2 Zubamon one and no egg unlocked.
In fact, the Zubamon device also didn't seem to be able to send Copymon to the english device, either. Both toys merely displayed "Retry" when attempting a connection. (The reverse worked perfectly, however, so I'm unsure if that's merely because the gold unit is in Debug mode.)
Connecting the english device to the japanese wave 1 devices worked perfectly both ways, and I copied over my trusty Rust Tyrannomon from it, so that isn't an issue.

Connecting five devices is still the requirement for the anime eggs, so that's no different.

And no changes have taken place in regards to the time required for evolution, so time spent sleeping still doesn't count, unfortunately.

The difficulties that I had connecting the wave 2 japanese devices to the english devices (and the modifications to the underlying hardware that has removed the switches for versions and debug mode) gives me some fear that they don't intend to make the other eggs available at all, if they even still exist in the programming of the toy.

That said Bandai did two waves of releases with the english anniversary Tamagotchi toys, so perhaps I'm jumping too far ahead.

Anyway, hope that info is useful to those awaiting their devices!

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's a bummer. That would mean they had to outright block signals with Wave 2 identifiers in them, which is insane, and I can only imagine the reason for doing so being that they were too lazy to translate the remaining Digimon.

Shinx

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, strikes me as a little odd they've gone to that length to avoid translating a few strings!

The units don't broadcast that they're in debug mode and act any differently in those cases, right?
I can't claim to be an expert on how the actual communication takes place.
If they don't, then yes they seem to have blocked the signals - if anyone else has received an english device and also possesses a japanese wave 2 toy and would like to try sending a Copymon to the english Ver.20th and reporting what happens, it would be wonderful to have a second confirmation.

Regardless of the cut corners (It is tragic we aren't getting our own D1 Grand Prix), I'm just glad a v-pet has been released outside of Japan for the first time in forever.
They seem to have sold out of their first shipment here nigh on instantaneously, so hopefully that bodes well in encouraging Bandai to bring more over in future.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nah, the signal does not say whether or not it's debugged, so it would just have to tell via version. When I get mine next week (hopefully?) I'll try as well, with both a wave 2 and wave 1 Japanese version (my wave 1s are debugged).

Shinx

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, then I am fairly certain they must have excluded compatibility with Wave 2 signals.

Nonetheless I'll be interested to see what results you get!

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's so crazy, considering there's literally no text needed to bring the eggs onto the device. I don't understand why they didn't just put the same exact software in the US colors. Oh well, at least I don't have to eat my heart out over not being able to unlock Dorumon without a $100 device. My OCD was driving me crazy, and now that I know it's just one unlockable egg, I feel a lot better.