Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol so true, but I definitely think someone new took over answering questions for this device. When the first wave launched you couldn't get any straight answer whatsoever, so far the answers that have come after the Wave 2 has been available have at least been direct. We will see if they actually are true or not in a month :-D

MagicBox

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
MagicBox, I am pretty sure what triggers their unhappy animation is when the other Digimon goes to sleep before them. I guess they get a bit lonely without their friend! It doesn’t have any adverse affect as far as I can tell, just a cute little graphical detail.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

How delightfully random. Nearly all the monster animations on this V-Pet have such a deliberate purpose, so it throws me off to see one that's just there for its own sake (and an unhappy one, at that).

SparkGold

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Without another device or an arduino device, the egg cannot be unlocked.
the arduino thing seems complicated to somebody like me who is very much so not tech savvy. Is this method worth learning and doing just for an egg?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the arduino thing seems complicated to somebody like me who is very much so not tech savvy. Is this method worth learning and doing just for an egg?
Honestly? Yes. It SEEMS complicated, but I can tell you right now, that I knew NOTHING about circuits when I built mine. Still don't honestly lol. The method I used required no soldering, just plugging a bunch of parts into a breadboard and then connecting it to the computer. It really was as simple as that to set up.

The only reason I would say it MIGHT not be worth it is if you don't plan on ever buying another Digimon pet that requires a special connection to do something. If the English Ver.20th is the only device you ever want to own, then just resetting a second Ver.20th will do the job. But if you want say a DMX3, which requires having the Blue AND Yellow version to have access to everything, then the Ardunio will pay for itself. 25 dollars worth of parts and shipping vs a second device that would cost upwards of 60 USD.

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am assuming that it works, but just to be sure: When you need a certain number of battles for evolution, do Tag battles count for both Digimon, or do you have to battle solo?

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It counts as battles for both of them.

Unrealx206

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm curious to see if there is an English Pendulum follow up, seems unlikely to me solely due to them never being released in English to begin with, it would be neat though.

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can only hope that Bandai see how much love is still there for these kinds of Vpets and decide to try an English Pendulum. It seems very unlikely, but it would pretty awesome (especially if they made translucent colored versions, that’d be sweet!).

In other news the Australian release date is today. I ordered mine online through JB so while I don’t expect to get them today, they should at the very least be despatched.

Unrealx206

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In other news the Australian release date is today.
Yeah I had seen that, I didn't preorder any of them, but I will pick one up if I see it in store, judging by how long the first wave was available I'd say I'll have the opportunity for some time.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Had someone on Reddit report that the pooping frequency has been cut back. If that really is the case, these new devices will be my go to DM20 devices for sure!

Jacq

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I meant to grab my preorder (ebgames) on sunday but forgot. Hopefully I get mine today. They don't give a choice of colour but I'll be happy with anything but yellow.

edit: I forgot gamestop/eb is a shambles. No stock, no idea where/when it will arrive. either. lol

Last edited:

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mine have been shipped. Im annoyed that, despite ordering a whole cases worth at once (and even emailing a month ago to request they also please send the box they came in), they shipped 4 separate parcels with x2 of each colour. I also noticed the little thumbnail image representing the products Changed slightly when I was looking at my invoice. The purple versions originally had white buttons and frames in preorder images but the picture I have has them with yellow buttons now instead. Does anyone know if there are multiple versions of each colour?

edit: The Greens ones arrived. I hadn’t planned on doing an initial run with the green but I suppose I will now just for the sake of a head start. The others are also marked as “out for delivery” today so I don’t know why they weren’t even all shipped together 🤦🏻

Last edited:

ditacolle

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Have anyone that got theirs and confirm the special eggs yet?

Mine arrived yesterday. Had to do abit of maneuvering(resetting my JP v20 and wait 6hours) for the special egg shame DMX connection doesn't count. I got Luna egg from Translucent Purple so it does seems like the amazon answer may be correct. Now just got to wait another 6hours to confirm whether I get Corona egg from Translucent Blue.

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I haven’t got enough active devices for the 5 connections right now, but when I receive another colour of the V2 I will start that up and be able to get the 5 connections on it and the Green V2 using some Version 1 D20s and my P20. Last time, to get the special eggs on my Yellow and Brown V1, I used a third Blue V1 which I reset over and over to get the 5 unique connections amongst the main active two.

In other egg news I am very excited to finally get the Dorumon egg on my Brown V1! I still have quite a lot of the library to fill in the V1, so while this doesn’t finish my journey with it it does bridge the gap just that little bit more. I’m going to let the Betamon on the Green V2 *ahem* die. He doesn’t deserve it but I’m pretty fed up with the OG V1 egg line, I was really hoping the newer Version 2’s would allow you to select the starting egg. I’m running Dorumon on both the V1 and V2 now, and as soon as I get another “new” device to connect to I’ll unlock the exclusive egg for the Green one and start that line too.

ditacolle

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Got Corona egg from Translucent Blue.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got the translucent purple and blue shells, looks like I correctly picked one of each version! They wont be arriving for a while though.

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So my Wingdramon evolved into Slayerdramon, despite winning well over 100 battles...is the Wargreymon fork not on the English devices?

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So my Wingdramon evolved into Slayerdramon, despite winning well over 100 battles...is the Wargreymon fork not on the English devices?
It is, did you also get the 3+ care mistakes?

Had someone on Reddit report that the pooping frequency has been cut back. If that really is the case, these new devices will be my go to DM20 devices for sure!
Definitely not the case from what I’ve observed over the last 24 hours. I started up a V1 at the exact same time and they’ve had the exact same calls/needs as each other. Aside from the translucent shells and the new eggs on the certain colours I don’t believe there’s much of anything else that’s different.

SparkGold

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
on the Humulos evolution guide's FAQ, it briefly mentions "traited egg"s. What exactly are these?
Also, is Australia the only country with the wave 2s at the moment?

a Tamagotchi fan tries out Digimon and writes a review on it in 1998. They claim the impressive feat of raising a Metal Greymon to age 66:

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really pisses me off because they don't want to sleep when I go to bed. So then I make them nap and 3 hours later they are awake and I'm asleep. The whole time at night they are starving and sitting in their own shit and are sick and i have no idea until I wake up. Wish they just fkn slept until I wake up. Am I doing something wrong?