Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

drtomoe123

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got my first v-pet the afternoon Digimon premiered on Fox Kids and I immediately went to the Internet to find more info and there was so much content filtered through the whole “Megalithic Mainframe/DOCK AND ROCK” narrative. It was honestly pretty cool and there were tons of websites with battle reports (lots of nicknames and cool descriptions of what Digimon would look like fighting before we really had the anime, TCG, video games, whatever — only LCD, the Bandai profiles, and your imagination!), absolutely insane and sometimes stupid cheats, and DIGIMON GRAVEYARDS aka guestbooks where you could record a memory of your Digimon who went back to the Megalithic Mainframe lol.

I miss that era sometimes!

TRyerson

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is so great about these wave 2 devices, and being able to unlock Dorumon. These means I can actually 100% finish my grey wave 1 device at some point :) I REALLY like the blue one... but it's not up for pre-order :( just pre-ordered the purple one though! :D I wish we knew which color's had which exclusives because I would order one of each...

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Last edited:

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I put in an order for the translucent purple one. Purple is one of my favorite colors and I don't think there have been many Digimon v-pets with a purple shell, so it was an easy choice for me among the wave 2 colors. I don't know if I'll be finished with my Navy device or not by the time it ships though.

pipefox_pedro

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Got mine recently, but I have a few questions:
Do care mistakes reset after evolution, or does a Perfect level maintain the 3 care mistakes it got when in baby form, for example?
Can you jogress with your two Digimon, or only connecting to another V-pet?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Battle stats are the only thing that carry over after evolution. Even though battle stats carry over, they will not count towards evolution requirements (so even if you do 15 battles as a Child, you will need to still do 15 as an adult). Care Mistakes, Effort Hearts, Sicknesses and Injuries all reset upon evolution.

And you can absolutely use the two Digimon you are raising to Jogress with, as long as they are compatible.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
aw jeez, I googled "Megalithic Mainframe" and got this lol http://pigsoft.tripod.com/type.htm
I love this so much, especially the "most accurate growth chart around" that lists Tyranomon and Airdramon as evolving into the wrong Perfect forms lol.

In other news, we have color/version confirmation on the second series! A representative from Bandai responded to a customer question and revealed the following:

Translucent Yellow and Purple - Lunamon Egg
Translucent Blue and Green - Coronamon Egg

It's nice to get a straight answer, the official responses were notoriously vague or missed the point of the questions in the past.

Sauce if desired:
https://www.amazon.com/Digimon-Original-Digivice-Virtual-Monster/dp/B07SS621LR/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=digivice&qid=1580912412&sr=8-1&th=1

TRyerson

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh this is excellent. I see the translucent blue is now available for pre-order so I've now got the purple & blue ones ordered to cover all my basis :)

SparkGold

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
not to be a downer, but I'm slightly dissapointed in the color choices. I don't know why they made purple and yellow so diverse from the other colors but then made the other two look as similar as they do. Deciding to make the similar looking ones the same exclusive makes it feel like I have less of a choice of aesthetics if I only want the Coronamon egg
I love this so much, especially the "most accurate growth chart around" that lists Tyranomon and Airdramon as evolving into the wrong Perfect forms lol.
the part that makes it for me is his shade he throws at Mr Zebra at both the top and bottom of the page. On another one of his pages, he tried translating the names of Gabumon's evolutions and labeled Whamon as "Hoe-mon"

Last edited:

ditacolle

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For those living in NZ. You can preorder them now on NZ's JB Hi-Fi. I don't think they had them during the first wave and I didn't ask them about it because I already got the Japanese first wave but I wanted the English second wave so I asked them last week and they put them out few days ago. They also let you choose whatever color you wanted which is great.

Raptorbiscut

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The wave two coming out out soon are in english, right?

EDIT: Never mind. I went back a few pages and found that they are.

Last edited by a moderator:

SparkGold

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
is there a way to unlock the version exclusive egg on my series 2 using only my series 1 without resetting all my data?
I got the Yellow version a few days ago; freaking love how it looks in person. REALLY hope they do a series 2 and give us some really wild colors. I'd love to see a release of the transparent purple/green rim V3 shell.
this user predicted series 2

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Without another device or an arduino device, the egg cannot be unlocked. Connecting to 5 unique devices is the only way, and a DM20 will only count as another connection if it is completely reset and given a new name.

SkytheGoggleHead

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Has there been any news about which wave 2 english releases have coronamon egg and which has lunamon egg? I havent preordered mine yet because I plan to get one with lunamon. I'm hoping it's either green or blue though. Those colors are my favorites!

MagicBox

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One last question from me (hopefully). Any idea what causes your Digimon to become cranky? I'm currently raising two monsters right now; one goes to bed at 11:00 PM and the other goes to bed at midnight. Usually, both monsters are just walking around smiling, having a great time. However, when the Call Light comes on telling me to tuck my 11:00 PM Digimon into bed, I've noticed that my other Digimon will immediately switch to an angry/sad face, and its walking animation changes to something significantly less happy. After it sleeps and wakes up, however, it's back to normal. Am I causing this somehow? I've been extremely good about keeping them fed/trained/clean so far.

I've browsed through the thread and on the Hatchery, but I haven't seen this mentioned (apologies if it's in plain sight and I've missed it).

Has there been any news about which wave 2 english releases have coronamon egg and which has lunamon egg? I havent preordered mine yet because I plan to get one with lunamon. I'm hoping it's either green or blue though. Those colors are my favorites!
From what we've heard so far, apparently they're broken down like this (taken from humulos' post on the previous page)...

Translucent Yellow and Purple - Lunamon Egg
Translucent Blue and Green - Coronamon Egg

Thanks to everyone who posted vintage packaging photos and old websites on the previous page! My feet are now firmly planted in the 90s now.

Last edited:

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
MagicBox, I am pretty sure what triggers their unhappy animation is when the other Digimon goes to sleep before them. I guess they get a bit lonely without their friend! It doesn’t have any adverse affect as far as I can tell, just a cute little graphical detail.

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reading the other official answers on Amazon, I wouldn't be 100% confident in the correctness of that answer...