Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

drtomoe123

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I realize this may be too late, but wanted to answer just in case. If the call light was not on and you had both empty food and strength, then yes, it should only have two right now, as long as they weren't left hungry long enough to beep again.
You are the BEST and always have the most helpful info! :) I woke up this morning and had WarGreymon! Now, I hope my friend didn’t let his Digimon die from neglect over the holidays. And WOOHOO, as I was typing this I heard Dorugamon evolve!

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey, hey guys! Been a bit quiet lately from me. I’ve actually had mine off for the last few weeks with how busy I’ve been with work but I’ll be starting up the brown device soon so continue my journey of completing the index. It’s good to see a lot of you still actively playing with yours still.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm noticing a problem with my navy device vs. my old yellow one. The color is way less noticeable in most situations so I keep accidentally leaving it places! I'll have to get used to this.:p

drtomoe123

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm noticing a problem with my navy device vs. my old yellow one. The color is way less noticeable in most situations so I keep accidentally leaving it places! I'll have to get used to this.:p
If it wasn't for the giant blue X, my DMX would blend right in with my work desk. I left my Omegamon 20th at work a few weeks ago and was thankful I got to it before some detrimental care mistakes happened lol.

My X2s are being delivered later this week, so I figured I'd try for Dianamon and HiAndromon on my Alphamon 20th. I tabbed my Omegamon 20th a few days ago because I'm waiting to meet up with a friend so we can jogress Omegamon. I'm excited

I didn't give the 20th the attention it deserved when it came out so I'm glad the English release motivated me to put more time into it. Still, I'm pretty excited about the X2 -- the roster looks SO good!

Zanji

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just want to "come back" to Digimon since i had to sell my collection about 10 years ago :) so i'm thinking about the english 20th anniversary. Is there also any "Pause" Feature? like "set the clock on "SET" and time freezes"

Megatronacepticon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just want to "come back" to Digimon since i had to sell my collection about 10 years ago :) so i'm thinking about the english 20th anniversary. Is there also any "Pause" Feature? like "set the clock on "SET" and time freezes"
I'm afraid there isn't on the 20th Anniversary one. You can put them to sleep at any time but they wake up 3 hours later unless that 3 hours later wake time is already past their bedtime, and the SET time freeze thing doesn't work anymore because they time out and restart themselves. There is however a pause feature on the Pendulum 20th Anniversary devices and I'm 99% sure the Digital Monster X series has one too. If you're looking for a more classic Vpet with a pause feature I would recommend the 20th Anniversary Pendulums, which despite being Japanese devices are entirely in English except for the Digimon names. You really need two to get the most out of them however having just one is perfectly serviceable if you're on a budget. The egg lines are split between devices, so you might want to check the Wiki or https://humulos.com/digimon/pen20/ to find out which device has more Digimon you like or which ones you would want to buy to get the most out of it.

You can sort of pause the English 20th Anniversaries by setting the time to 3 hours before their sleep time and putting them to sleep, but they will wake up on their own when the device clock hits 7am, so you'd have to keep setting it back to their sleep time every 7-10 hours.

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m very keen, I still need to complete the library for the Brown device though.

drtomoe123

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These new shells look awesome and I'm also looking forward to see if they swap out the exclusive eggs. That said, I'm pretty DM20th'd out at this point between the Japanese releases and the first US wave lol.

TRyerson

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh wow a second North American wave, this is awesome!! I am also currently burnt out on my first wave devices, and am taking a break but definitely still plan to finish my field guide soon enough. I will definitely be purchasing at least one of these second wave devices when possible. Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention!

-Nick-

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi

I just got one of the 20th Digimon devices, haven't played with one since the original. Anyway, weird question, but should the device beep if theres a Call? Mine doesn't and I definitely have the sound turned on. A few times ive turned it on and its had a poop etc. Unless that doesn't activate a Call?

Thanks.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi

I just got one of the 20th Digimon devices, haven't played with one since the original. Anyway, weird question, but should the device beep if theres a Call? Mine doesn't and I definitely have the sound turned on. A few times ive turned it on and its had a poop etc. Unless that doesn't activate a Call?

Thanks.
You only get a call when all the hunger and/or effort hearts are empty and when the Digimon falls asleep. Poop only makes the Digimon sick if too much accumulates. It doesn’t count as a care mistake though, so don’t worry too much.

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Poops don’t make a sound in the DM20’s, and they also don’t cause care mistakes. If, however, you leave the Digimon in 4 poos for over 6 hours they can get sick if not treated. Alot of people will let 4 poops pile up, heal the Digimon and the leave the poop because once they’ve been sick from it and been healed they won’t get sick again unless you clean the poop and let the process begin again.

-Nick-

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for the replies!

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Marc mentioned it in a news post, but just in case any of you didn't see, Coronamon and Lunamon are confirmed for the wave 2 release! No word on which color contains which just yet, but it's great to see these are more than just new shells! This also means that DORUmon will be able to be unlocked using just English devices, which is really nice!

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That’s awesome news! Does this mean connecting wave one and two should unlock Dorumon?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Posting part of a front page news update here as people in V-Pet threads sometimes miss them, and due to mistakes on Amazon's page with pre-orders beginning, it might bite you if you don't pay attention.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Amazon has begun to take pre-orders for the new Wave 2 US V-Pets! These new V-Pets are the Version 20th with Lunamon and Coronamon exclusive eggs.

We've previously seen February and April as potential ship dates for these, Amazon lists March 15th.

They currently (at the time of this posting) only have yellow and green up for pre-order. Be careful which links you click here AND on Amazon, as the display name seems to be set incorrectly at the moment on Amazon's website. Our links are correct to what Amazon indexed initially, and even odder, Amazon's own color labels on their page is correct, it simply displays the product title incorrectly...

Amazon pages: (affiliate links)
Purple
Yellow
Green
Blue

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you Marc!!!

That’s awesome news! Does this mean connecting wave one and two should unlock Dorumon?
It should, yep! As long as they didn't change the internal version numbering then connecting them should unlock DORUmon.

MagicBox

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a question that's less about the V-Pet itself, but still semi-relevant.

I'm about to finally start playing with my Ver. 20th, and I thought it would be fun to disregard everything I know about the Digimon TV shows, comics, video games, etc. and get into the mindset of a kid buying a Digital Monster in 1997. Now, obviously these little Tamagotchi toys aren't going to have much of a story, but I could've sworn that when the original '97 V-Pets were released, there was at least a basic introductory paragraph about the premise of Digimon to add context and help kids immerse themselves into this world. I was surprised to not see anything like that in the English or Japanese instruction manuals.

I guess my question is, what was available at the time? Was any of the now-standard lore (File Island, X-Antibodies, Server Continent, blah blah blah) released when the first V-Pets came out? I know the original V-Pets had guidebooks and I know, at the very least, there were monster profiles (I guess my best bet for those is reading the Reference Book profiles on Wikimon).

Last edited: