Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

TRyerson

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey Snix!!! I'm definitely still reading, just haven't had much time to post anything, as I typically only hop on here when it's slow at work haha. Glad that you're still raising your Digimon and having fun!!!

I'm currently at a stage during my quest to fill out the entire Digi "dex" (Field Guide, whatever you want to call it) that is making me feel like a true monster.... So I've got just about every Ultimate/Mega on my Grey device, yet there are a ton of champions I still need. I've basically been raising them to my desired champion, then letting them get poop sickness and die..... I truly am a monster. I currently have a Meramon looking sickly sad on my screen, and it's very difficult not to heal him as he's such a cool Digimon! Oh well... Airdramon will soon take his place haha :cool:.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey Snix!!! I'm definitely still reading, just haven't had much time to post anything, as I typically only hop on here when it's slow at work haha. Glad that you're still raising your Digimon and having fun!!!

I'm currently at a stage during my quest to fill out the entire Digi "dex" (Field Guide, whatever you want to call it) that is making me feel like a true monster.... So I've got just about every Ultimate/Mega on my Grey device, yet there are a ton of champions I still need. I've basically been raising them to my desired champion, then letting them get poop sickness and die..... I truly am a monster. I currently have a Meramon looking sickly sad on my screen, and it's very difficult not to heal him as he's such a cool Digimon! Oh well... Airdramon will soon take his place haha :cool:.

I've been working on the same task! currently letting a Piccolomon and a Giromon die so I can move onto getting the last Perfect level I need. Then it is onwards to the remaining Adults! I only have one device though, so the special egg is going to remain locked...

TRyerson

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I'm glad that I'm not the only heartless person on this forum! haha. I'm also trying to get 999/999 single battles and 999/999 tag battles. Just about there for single battles, but need a couple hundred more for tag battles. Certainly a time consuming process, but it should be complete by the time I have every Digimon!

Sorry to hear you won't be able to unlock the special egg.... I know the feeling because I'll never get the Dorumon egg. Feels bad!

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good to see others are plotting away on their devices still. I went for a walk yesterday and came back to both Coredraman Green finally evolving into Groundramon as well as Wingdramon becoming Slayerdramon. I’ll be keeping Slayer for most of the next few days while Groundramon works his way up to Mega as well. Examon is finally within reach!

Three week later update:

So Examon (as well as several others too) came and went and I am now focusing on just the one Brown device (the yellow batteries died and I have yet to swap them put...) as well as the Dukemon Pen 20. I am currently still attempting to complete the "dex" so I have been backtracking and "re-getting" the Digimon I originally got on the yellow one again on the brown one. In the meantime I made another video showing off how to Jogres, this time using only the one device. I doubt any of you need this (especially at this point) but a buddy of mine recently started his own so I thought some others may just find it to be useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NbpaBJd2zI&fbclid=IwAR0XL4PVzDbc4c8Uv3kFCv9uFNi3SKeF_j0DkRaRNKMGYXwjN0pUs69vo_U

I hope to hear from you guys, soon! I feel like this thread has reached its inevitable end.

Last edited:

TRyerson

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey!! That's awesome to hear that your buddy just recently started using his device, and of course all guides & information is welcome!

I am still full on nostalgia mode with Digimon - it hasn't ended for me yet haha. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, getting the V-Pet 20th got me re-hooked on Digimon after mostly ignoring it for 15 years. Soon after the V-Pet I purchased (and played the absolute crap out of) Digimon World: Next 0rder on PS4. I have also recently purchased Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition on Nintendo Switch, and am currently nearing the end of the first game in the collection. Chapter 19/20 and have 284/341 digimon in my field guide, or "dex". I definitely recommend Cyber Sleuth to anyone who enjoys monster collecting JRPGs. I won't lie - the story overall has more or less bored me - but I have to remind myself that these story lines aren't exactly written for 30 year old's such as myself haha. The gameplay & monster collecting, Digivolving/devolving just absolutely has me hooked.

Anyway, back to the actual subject at hand. I just counted, and I am currently at 87 Digimon in my "dex" so I'm getting there!!

Edit: Oh and also - I'm currently on my third battery, I've had to replace it twice. And my key chain part has turned all redish due to my sweaty hands, lame!!!!

Last edited:

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was pretty hyped that he’s embraced them as much as he has, it’s been nice having someone to talk to directly about these things haha. I was lucky enough to find another display box at a store today, in fact anyone in Melb Aus looking for these still they had two full boxes left at That’s Hot Collectables in Highpoint shipping center.

Right now I honestly don’t know what my Gizamon will evolve into. Not sure how many care mistakes he’s had, so I’ve trained enough to cover either Flymon and Tuskmon just to be safe.

TRyerson

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, that must be great to have somebody in person to chat about the V-Pet's. A friend of mine from elementary school picked one up the same time as me, but clearly did not have the same enthusiasm once he started using it. I believe he raised two champions, they died, and he forgot about it. Blah.

I am currently letting a Giromon die of poop sickness (As I'm typing this, his death theme started playing haha... RIP) and then I will be going for a Centaurumon which will finish off my Gen 3 mons. My second Digimon is currently a Coredramon Blue. I have already fully evolved one into Slayerdramon, and then jogressed to get Examon, but now I need to get Tai's WarGreymon by having 3-4 care mistakes, and 100+ battles.... sigh... not looking forward to that haha. At least it will get me THAT much closer to 999/999 team battles. I've already finished getting 999/999 single battles, and currently am at 913/999 team battles.

Hey Humulos (Or anybody else that knows) to get Tai's WarGreymon from Wingdramon - is it just straight up 100 battles, does not matter whether they are won/lost? Thanks!!

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
100 battles, no difference whether you win or lose. They just all have to be done while it's Wingdramon.

TRyerson

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Perfect! That's what I thought, but just wanted to be 100% sure, as I have yet to mess up a digivolution, and would hate to mess up now! Thanks again humulos, incredible helpful as always!!! =)

drtomoe123

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I ended up giving my 2 English 20th versions to friends. One hasn't really messed around with it but the other is loving it and having a lot of fun. I ended up with Numemon and Tuskmon on my Omegamon 20th so I was happy to end up with Nanomon and Monzaemon. I'm gonna run by the comic book store and battle one of my friends on Sunday to help him unlock Dorumon. :)

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After much vigorous playing, I have raised every Digimon outside of the Dorumon and Gabumon eggs on my device! I loved raising everything, and will be keeping my eyes out for any other virtual pets out in English in the future for sure!

TRyerson

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice to see a little bit more activity here!

@drtomoe123 - Consider me very jealous that you have somebody to talk/battle with! And especially to unlock the Dorumon egg. Sadly my device will always feel somewhat incomplete due to almost assuredly never getting that Dorumon egg... ah well.

@Deep Saver - That's awesome! Congrats on raising every digimon available to you!!! I'm glad that you enjoyed your time with it. I am getting close to that point myself, and am definitely still enjoying it as well! =)

My Wingdramon should be evolving into Tai's WarGreymon at some point today if my calculations are right. The 100+ required battles allowed me to reach my goal of 999/999 for both single and team battles, so yay for that!

Edit: 8:23PM and WhaBAM! Tai's WarGreymon. With all the work it took to get him, I may let him live... for a day or two haha. Much nicer than the cruelty I've been throwing at my other mon. Thanks SOOOO MUCH again Humulos, seriously! Thanks to your guides, I'm over 2/3 to completing my V-Pet and have yet to make a single mistake. You've made childhood dreams come true. =)

Last edited:

drtomoe123

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So a question about Wingdramon on my Wave 2. I went to sleep last night and it was still Adult — woke up late this morning and it had become Wingdramon, but I’m not sure on the number of care mistakes and I don’t want to mess it up. I’m pretty sure I topped them off on food/vitamins before bed, so it should only have the 2 mistakes from empty food/strength this morning, right?

Lone_Garurumon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey, forgive me if this has been explained before, but I've only checked back the last couple pages and I have no idea how I'd search for this in the search bar.

So, I just had my first generation of Digimon die, so now I've got the first Digimon of my second generation up to adult, and I took him to the single device battles, expecting to see a fresh lineup of children for him to beat up, but I got a WarGreymon thrown at me and lost the battle without even a chance. So basically my question is: Is it possible to reset the single-device battle system back to the start without resetting the entire device? Or am I just stuck with Adults now and forever because there's no way an Adult could ever hope to win enough battles to evolve at this point.

BetamonZ

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey, forgive me if this has been explained before, but I've only checked back the last couple pages and I have no idea how I'd search for this in the search bar.

So, I just had my first generation of Digimon die, so now I've got the first Digimon of my second generation up to adult, and I took him to the single device battles, expecting to see a fresh lineup of children for him to beat up, but I got a WarGreymon thrown at me and lost the battle without even a chance. So basically my question is: Is it possible to reset the single-device battle system back to the start without resetting the entire device? Or am I just stuck with Adults now and forever because there's no way an Adult could ever hope to win enough battles to evolve at this point.
Oh wow, is there not a Colosseum reset option on these?

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got the Navy Blue version of this toy for Christmas, which pairs nicely with the Yellow version I had before since they have different version exclusives. Now if only I could find some other people to connect with and actually unlock the special Agumon and Gabumon eggs!

Roy130390

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

You just have to put "start" instead of "next". It will reset the colosseum.

DigitalCowboy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got the Navy Blue version of this toy for Christmas, which pairs nicely with the Yellow version I had before since they have different version exclusives. Now if only I could find some other people to connect with and actually unlock the special Agumon and Gabumon eggs!
You only need one other 20th to unlock the "anime eggs" if you keep resetting it and using a different tamer name. I would take this opportunity to use the blue one you just received and do that! I think you have to wait 6 hours between resets, because they have to reach the child stage to duel another device and count for one of the five device interactions.

Last edited:

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You only need one other 20th to unlock the "anime eggs" if you keep resetting it and using a different tamer name. I would take this opportunity to use the blue one you just received and do that! I think you have to wait 6 hours between resets, because they have to reach the child stage to duel another device and count for one of the five device interactions.
Hmm, I guess I could do that but I’d rather wait until I had an opportunity to unlock the eggs on both. Maybe if I ever get a third one I will use it for that.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So a question about Wingdramon on my Wave 2. I went to sleep last night and it was still Adult — woke up late this morning and it had become Wingdramon, but I’m not sure on the number of care mistakes and I don’t want to mess it up. I’m pretty sure I topped them off on food/vitamins before bed, so it should only have the 2 mistakes from empty food/strength this morning, right?
I realize this may be too late, but wanted to answer just in case. If the call light was not on and you had both empty food and strength, then yes, it should only have two right now, as long as they weren't left hungry long enough to beep again.