Digimon Ver.20th English Discussion

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After months and months of teasing and a whole lot of confusion, we FINALLY have a good idea of what the English Digital Monster pet releasing this year will be! Here's what we know so far:

The above information has been provided by several users, with a bulk of the initially known information coming from Tamapalace, which their site can be found here: https://tamapalace.tumblr.com/. Thanks to DarkTamer Steph for contacting them to get as many details as possible.

The last time we got an actual Digimon Vpet released in North America was the original Digital Monster, so it's been over 20 years since we've had an official release! Those of you who have held off on getting a Vpet because of annoying importing costs and price gouging, you can now just buy one! No word on other regions yet, but at 20 USD, this device will at least be much cheaper to import from the US than the original DM20 was from Japan.

Support this release, fellow Digidestined! If you do, we might be able to show Bandai that the rest of the world still likes Digimon pets!

Last edited:

bludragon1220

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Woooohooooo!!!! I can'twait until release for these guys. Sucks we don't get our own D-1, but that is good news for 0NL1NE since I won't have to worry about any "official" competition

DarkTamer Steph

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They report leaving the clock on "set" effectively pauses the device!

Edit: Just kidding, they didn't realize it wasn't the case.

Last edited:

Elentir

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I haven't bought a Digimon electronic since my D-Tector V1 in 2002, but I don't think I can pass this up. I hope it does well enough to encourage more releases at these super-reasonable prices.

crait

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking of the D-Tector, can you send over your Digimon to it to get its info like you could on the D-3?

Megatronacepticon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish there was a New Zealand option. That Australian one doesn't seem to offer shipping outside of Australia.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking of the D-Tector, can you send over your Digimon to it to get its info like you could on the D-3?
Are you talking about sending the Digimon to the D-Terminal? If so, I think that only worked with the US Digivices. I'm not sure what the compatibility of the Japanese version is.

Also! The entire manual has been released by Tamapalace! You can view it here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Up7F3yHLxTroT9v7-qRSp98J3x0lhRQh/view

Interesting note: they refer to the device as a DigiVice several times, so that won't be confusing at all :p

whatthechuck3

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No word I take it on if these will be able to communicate with any of the new Japanese devices?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would be surprised if they didn't, personally. At the very least, the original battle codes should still work to communicate between devices, but whether the Japanese DM20 will work for actual 20th battles, we'll have to see.

crait

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting note: they refer to the device as a DigiVice several times, so that won't be confusing at all :p
They also refer to multiple Digimon as "Digimons." Not sure this translation had a lot of love put into it... :-/

EDIT: They also sometimes call them "DigiMons."

Last edited:

Jomolo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No word I take it on if these will be able to communicate with any of the new Japanese devices?
From page 17 of the manual:

"THE FOLLOWING DIGIVICES CAN CONNECT:
-Digital Monster DigiVice (released in 1997)
-DigiVice Ver.15th (released in 2015)
-D-3 DigiVice Ver.15th (released in 2016)
-Digital Monster Ver.20th DigiVice (released in 2017 in Japan,
2019 in other markets)

*Refer to each DigiVices manual for specific device instructions.
*All DigiVices may not be compatible with each other.
*Copied DigiMons are only compatible with the Ver. 20th DigiVice."

Unfortunately no mention of the X, possibly because it was a Japan exclusive? (but so was the Ver.15th, so I dunno...)

bludragon1220

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From page 17 of the manual:

"THE FOLLOWING DIGIVICES CAN CONNECT:
-Digital Monster DigiVice (released in 1997)
-DigiVice Ver.15th (released in 2015)
-D-3 DigiVice Ver.15th (released in 2016)
-Digital Monster Ver.20th DigiVice (released in 2017 in Japan,
2019 in other markets)

*Refer to each DigiVices manual for specific device instructions.
*All DigiVices may not be compatible with each other.
*Copied DigiMons are only compatible with the Ver. 20th DigiVice."

Unfortunately no mention of the X, possibly because it was a Japan exclusive? (but so was the Ver.15th, so I dunno...)
The X has the original Digital Monster's battle system included under "OTHER", so it should be able to connect. Based on the fact that the Pendulum Ver.20th wasn't mentioned either Bandai likely just omitted devices that will hopefully be released here later. The Pendulum Ver.20th had english names, so we may be seeing that one fairly soon as well.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So TamaPalace confirmed we are getting more than 115 mons in this device. If we follow up by this chart, 70 original mons + 10 new Ultimate forms + 25 regular DigiEggs (Dracomon, Hackmon, Zubamon, DORUmon) = 105. We can also have the extra 4 mons from the Special Anime DigiEggs (Agumon, Gabumon) + 16 Special DigiEggs (Coronamon, Meicoomon, Lunamon) + 5 Jogress (Omegamon, Alter-S, Examon, RustTyranomon, GraceNovamon). The total amount would be 135 mons, so I wouldn't be shocked if they decide to include all of them!

Gigamon23

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't the original Japanese run include the unobtainable enemies in their character count, though? If I count correctly, all the Digimon you can obtain without connection requirements, as well as the enemy Digimon, add up to about 127.

TBC1

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Question for those who've had the Japanese 20th, in the manual posted it says when your digimon dies naturally you get another egg. You can change the design of this egg correct? Also is the preset design of this egg random or is it always something like the original digimon's egg design?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Question for those who've had the Japanese 20th, in the manual posted it says when your digimon dies naturally you get another egg. You can change the design of this egg correct? Also is the preset design of this egg random or is it always something like the original digimon's egg design?
You start off with a V1 egg, which hatches into Botamon. After you reach Child level, you will be able to pick from one of 5 eggs, V1-V5, aka the original Digital Monster eggs. Every time a Digimon dies, you will pick a new one of these. The designs for each version are consistent, no randomness involved. As you battle, connect and raise new Digimon, you will unlock additional eggs beyond the first 5, all of which follow straight line evolutions.

TBC1

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You start off with a V1 egg, which hatches into Botamon. After you reach Child level, you will be able to pick from one of 5 eggs, V1-V5, aka the original Digital Monster eggs. Every time a Digimon dies, you will pick a new one of these. The designs for each version are consistent, no randomness involved. As you battle, connect and raise new Digimon, you will unlock additional eggs beyond the first 5, all of which follow straight line evolutions.
Ok thank you. Just to make sure when your original V1 egg dies naturally the egg that is given before you change the version is always going to be say a V1, it won't for example sometimes be V2 or a special egg or a random egg version (You can still change the egg of course but will the initial egg given be consistently one version?) I'm wondering if I raise say the first egg to a natural death, don't change the design of the egg and continue to do so for 3 times, the eggs will always be the same as if I were to do the same thing with another 20th. It won't for example starting with the V1, end with V3 for one VPet and end with V5 for the other if I never change the initial egg version after a natural death.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I pre-ordered the English version coming out through Gamestop. Will I be able to get Coronamon on any of them? Does the color I own actually matter to my gameplay or only matter to other people?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok thank you. Just to make sure when your original V1 egg dies naturally the egg that is given before you change the version is always going to be say a V1, it won't for example sometimes be V2 or a special egg or a random egg version (You can still change the egg of course but will the initial egg given be consistently one version?) I'm wondering if I raise say the first egg to a natural death, don't change the design of the egg and continue to do so for 3 times, the eggs will always be the same as if I were to do the same thing with another 20th. It won't for example starting with the V1, end with V3 for one VPet and end with V5 for the other if I never change the initial egg version after a natural death.
No matter what, when your Digimon dies, you choose a new egg at that point. Once you get to the egg selection screen, the egg that appears first will be the V1 egg, unless you just unlocked something else, in which case the new egg will appear instead. The egg designs themselves never change, and they look like this: