Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yabuno Tenya, the artist for Digimon V-Tamer posted on his Twitter that the next issue of V-Jump would have something relating to V-Tamer in it.

Image Thumbnail

He also tossed up a nice little doodle he made for this year's Odaiba Memorial.

I'm looking forward to whatever it is, because I love V-Tamer.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OH neat. Even though I never read v-tamer. XD;;
HOpefully.. I'll be happy tomorrow too... *sulks*

AliceKaninchenbau

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
BTW in that Tweet's comments Ten'ya said this:

"なんか、思わせぶりな告知すぎるかな…(^^;。えーと、、とりあえず、アマゾンの高い本は買わないほうがいいです。"
If my rough translation is correct, he basically comments that people shouldn't buy the pricey V-Tamer volumes on Amazon (because they're pricey), and worries whether or not saying this could be suggestive of what the announcement is going to be.

So yeah, that could suggest that we might get a V-Tamer reprint. I would prefer a V-Tamer animated series but a reprint still sounds awesome (I mean it could have new bonus chapters maybe? If we're super lucky? I'd love it if we could have Savers and Xros Wars crossovers, but it's super unlikely. I can dream though!)(c'mon official English translated volumes /crosses fingers)(And hey if the reprint does well maybe Toei could take a hint or two)

Touya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gosh, V-Tamer and Digimon World all at once. This is a good day for me. Reprint is super likely, but given that they're saving this for V-Jump instead of just announcing it on the publisher's website I'd expect some kind of V-Tamer related one-shot manga as well. Or a crossover short with tri. like in the old days. An anime series would be great, but I think it's a sadly unlikely idea.

At most I think we could hope for a V-Tamer 02. It would make sense as a "damage control" series. Back when Savers was running and got a lot of flack for deviating from Digimon series conventions, the Next manga was the more traditional equivalent with a goggle boy and art style that struck closer to home. A V-Tamer 02 running concurrently to tri. would provide the greater familiarity that tri. is ditching, and with Yabuno behind it would be less visually divisive than Uki Atsuya's versions of the Adventure cast. That way Bandai could create merchandise that would simultaneously cash in on a part of the audience that would otherwise be alienated from where Digimon's primary series is right now.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A reprint would be AWESOME! I wonder if any of the artwork would be updated or if it just be a straight rerelease of the original first run version (maybe with new volume cover art, at the very least).

I am super excited about whatever might come out of this! V-Tamer was the first manga series I ever got invested in reading.

I would both love and dread to see it get an official English-translated release in the West. "Love" because the Western World would finally be getting the awesome that is V-Tamer in an officially release! "Dread" because of the possibility that it, like most English Digimon media, wouldn't be translated as faithfully as most of the more hardcore anime/manga series are, especially since V-Tamer features plenty of Digimon characters whose names were changed years ago by Saban/Bandai of America and have become so ingrained into the standards of English-translated Digimon material ever since.

AliceKaninchenbau

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sometimes there are some adjustments here and there in rereleases (I know sometimes the artwork in Sailor Moon reprints got updated a little) but there's no certainty there will be updates. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some new bonus material though (and I do hope there would be something).

What I find interesting is that Ten'ya called the Amazon volumes pricey. When I tried looking V-Tamer up, well from the looks of it buying all nine volumes in a single batch could cost anywhere between 8800 and 14000 yen (70-112 USD). If we're getting a reprint, then based on Ten'ya comment I'd guess it'll be more affordable. So even if there wouldn't be an English version (or at least a good one) I'd still buy the damn thing. I mean I love this comic and I want Ten'ya and Izawa to have my money and I have instant access to illegal English versions so it's all cool really. And hey, we who wish for a V-Tamer animated series should definitely buy this, 'cause the only way to get that TV series is by showing Toei/Bandai that we have interest in that, and there's no better way to do it than buying the comic itself (of course, it's no guarantee that Toei will take the hint, but it's still probably the best way to go about asking for a series. Plus it could maybe help fund it lol).

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My heart skipped a beat at first. Seems it's just a reprint, which is good. Especially with all the effort I put into the manga (leaving that as vague as possible).

I want that V-Tamer art book so bad.

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anything V-Tamer would be amazing, it's a "chapter" of Digimon history that's so often neglected.

(Pay no attention to the Vande behind the curtain, lol)

frostbiteLettuce

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh man that sounds great, and I'd love a reprint actually. V-Tamer made me love Digimon so much more.
I also really like the doodle- though calling it a doodle is a bit... I'd call it a refined sketch, seeing as it is kind of detailed for a mere doodle. But then again it's just a word~

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I skipped on over to Yahoo! Japan Auctions after seeing this and all 9 volumes(used, of course) are going for 7,000 yen. If it's a reprint, that would be amazing.

It's weird to think that V-Tamer started before Adventure and ended after Frontier. It was around for the entire "golden age" but it seems so fleeting due to no release in the West. Was it ever released in another country besides Japan?

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I skipped on over to Yahoo! Japan Auctions after seeing this and all 9 volumes(used, of course) are going for 7,000 yen. If it's a reprint, that would be amazing.

It's weird to think that V-Tamer started before Adventure and ended after Frontier. It was around for the entire "golden age" but it seems so fleeting due to no release in the West. Was it ever released in another country besides Japan?

Yep, some volumes were released in German

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean it could have new bonus chapters maybe? If we're super lucky?

That’s pretty standard honestly.

I'd love it if we could have Savers and Xros Wars crossovers, but it's super unlikely.

Good news, Alice: there was already a manga crossover of V-Tamer and Digimon ×ros Wars. It was called Digimon ×ros Wars.

Speaking of which, ×ros Wars mangaka Yūki Nakashima’s Dragon Quest X side story, Sōten no Soura, has been running since February of 2013, so I guess it’s something of a hit (as media tie-in manga go). Hopefully that means he’ll be able to come back to do DIGIMON again someday, if he wanted — and given how densely populated ×ros Wars is with references to the entirety of the franchise, I can only imagine that he would.

Not for this, though. Presumably they’d get the original creators back to do anything in the V-Tamer continuity.

Last edited:

Devkyu

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would love to see it get a reprint! Going by eBay prices, it would cost almost $200 to get the set... Vol. 9 is the worst offender, cost of that one is ridiculous.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New news thread with V-Tamer news is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.