Digimon V-Pet fangame for PC (alpha)

theundersigned

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Starting at the adult stage, the Digimon won't evolve normally if all the requirements aren't met. However, you can still jogress, but you'll need to fulfill the requirements for two different Digimon that can jogress into the same thing (and have full energy when you attempt the jogress).

You can buy different backgrounds from the habitat shop, which will cause the temperature to fluctuate and weather to occur depending on which habitat you buy. Bits for buying those habitats can be earned by placing at least 3rd place in tournaments.

Rufán

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Please could you help me with one last thing? sorry!!! I am having a very big problem.

I don't know why, lately the games are not saved. When I save, the file of my digimon's game is saved, but when I want to enter again with that digimon, it returns it to the egg stage and deletes all its progress.

I already tried downloading the game again and checking my antivirus in case it gave me a problem, but nothing changed, and I don't know why it doesn't save the digimon progress.

theundersigned

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What was the state of your Digimon last time you saved? As many details as possible would help

Also, could you open your save file in notepad or something and paste the contents in here?

Rufán

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I remember correctly, my digimon was in the rookie stage with 20 viruses, 10 data and 1 vaccine.
I think he had 300 mood, I remember he was happy and energetic, the last time I used him I had left him with his food and training bar full.
He had never been ill and had 0 battles.
That's all I remember, the next time I wanted to use it was a digitama again.

This is what I was able to copy from the saved file with the help of notepad.

21,12,11,1,9,1,true,2020,8,243,12,39,53,3,0,0,false,0,false,false,0,1,0,0,-1,-1,-1,33,0,0,Digitama,0,0,0,0,0,5,5,24,5,5,5,3,0,0,0,0,0,86400,21,0,180,true,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,false,true,false,false,0,0,0,false,0,false,false,0,false,0,0,0,0,0,16,0,8,false,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,,,,,,,,false,false,false,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,215732500,0,100,0,0,101,false,false,0,3,0,0,false,false,-42,-42,-42,9e7b6174b6400c9c460fd7ad9402a46a3b4c806d56584e8d6341ee428fac70d3,false
0,0,false,false,0,false,false,false,0,false,false,false,0,false,false,false,0,false,false,false,0,false,false,false,0,false,false,false,0,false,false,false,true,false,false,0,false,false,false,0,false,false,false,0,false,false,false,0,false,false,false,0,false,false,false,0,false,false,false,0,false,false,false,false,

0q0,1q0,2q0,3q0,4q0,5q0,6q0,7q0,8q0,9q0,10q0,11q0,12q0,13q0,14q0,15q0,16q0,17q0,18q0,19q0,20q0,21q0,22q0,23q0,24q0,25q0,26q0,27q0,28q0,29q0,30q0,31q0,32q0,33q0,34q0,35q0,36q0,37q0,38q0,39q0,40q0,

true,false,false,false,false,false,false,false,false,false,false,false,false,false,
0ofalseq0,1ofalseq0,2ofalseq0,3ofalseq0,4ofalseq0,5ofalseq0,6ofalseq0,7ofalseq0,8ofalseq0,9ofalseq0,10ofalseq0,11ofalseq0,12ofalseq0,13ofalseq0,14ofalseq0,15ofalseq0,16ofalseq0,17ofalseq0,18ofalseq0,19ofalseq0,20ofalseq0,21ofalseq0,22ofalseq0,23ofalseq0,24ofalseq0,25ofalseq0,26ofalseq0,27ofalseq0,28ofalseq0,29ofalseq0,30ofalseq0,31ofalseq0,32ofalseq0,
:,m1:1:::m1:2:::m1:3:::m1:4:::m1:5:::m1:6:::m1:7:::,m2:1:::m2:2:::m2:3:::m2:4:::m2:5:::m2:6:::m2:7:::,
0,0,0,0,Inheritance data,false,0

theundersigned

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How many save files do you have? Do they all do this?

Do you remember changing the time skip option in the config file inside the jar? What is it set to currently?

Is there an errorlog file in the DVPet/files folder?

Oh, and are you on mac or windows?

Rufán

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
(Sorry if I can't understand the things you write, with the translator there are some things that don't have much coherence and I can't understand well)

This time I only have 1 digimon, as I told you I am deleting and downloading the game several times to see if something changed, I never looked at their save files, but the same thing happened to them as this digimon, when I opened them again they were like digitama.

I never touched any of the v-pet time, I set a schedule for them when I create them and I never change it.

And I am on windows version, I am currently using windows 10.

normally I put the speed of time x2 or x1

theundersigned

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is there a file called "errorlog" in the folder called "files" inside the DVPet's directory?

How often do you usually save the game?

Rufán

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No, that file does not exist, there is only the "mods" file, the "saves" file and a JAVA executable.

And I save when I go to close the game or every 6 or 10 minutes.

theundersigned

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you have the DVPet folder somewhere with normal user permissions? So basically in your Documents folder or on the desktop or something

Rufán

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have it in the download folder, there I usually keep everything that is not installable or an important file such as a document or things like that.

theundersigned

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When you save the game, is the save file's "date modified" column in windows explorer updated to the current date/time? Or its property value. I'm trying to figure out if it's even saving the game at all. Unfortunately, everything is working normally on my end, so I'm just throwing whatever I can think of out there

Rufán

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry but I don't understand very well, what is the "data modified" file? In the "saves" folder I don't have any file with that name, and when I save the game it tells me "game saved".

Right now I'm saving the game and checking the file that contains the game of my digimon but nothing changes.

Right now mi digitama digivolved into a digimon in baby stage, and the file with the digimon saved changes in the part that says digitama to "kuramon" but I think that later changes to digitama or something.

theundersigned

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In windows explorer, there's a column that reads "data modified," which indicates the date and time when a certain file was changed. It can also be found under properties when you right click a file.

But it seems like your last paragraph answered my question.

When you load the save file that says "kuramon" now, is it still a digitama?

Rufán

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No, currently it keeps saying koromon and when I open the game Koromon keeps appearing to me, the issue is that this has already been done to me before I think, I suppose that at some point the file will "restart" and the progress will be erased without erasing the original file.

Or so I suppose, sorry I don't know much about it, I'm in my first year studying computing and I'm just learning to program in c ++ haha

theundersigned

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I only know java, so as far as I'm concerned anyone learning any of those fancier languages like c++ or c has already got a leg up on me

But I've never heard about anyone having this problem before, and I've never come across it personally either, so I'm stumped.

The only time the game will reset cleanly is when the Digimon dies. That's the only time that method is called. Otherwise, when something breaks it can sometimes reset to the default egg (the first egg without any markings on it). But yours resets to the Kuramon egg, so I don't think the save file is getting corrupted. There's no default save data or anything to overwrite your new data either, so it isn't pulling these numbers out of thin air. It must be from the reset method used when it dies, although I don't know when or why it's called. Unless it's technically dying but skipping the dying animation and death screen. Although if it were, I feel like I would have heard about it in the last 3 months since the last update. Most people play at x1 or x2 speed too, so it's unlikely that other people's games would be that different.

Unless it's an issue on loading with the checksum since that's the newest piece of code that affects saving and loading. But that'd be a permissions issue most likely. And besides, you can load the game perfectly fine at the moment. So I have no idea where to start looking.

If it's a saving issue, then make sure you don't save or close the game normally when it resets to an egg. Force close it instead. That way we can see if its data was recorded correctly. And if the save file is normal, then that means it's a loading issue.

Last edited:

Rufán

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey Hello!! Thanks for your concern and for taking the time to try to help me. At the moment I think the problem is going well, I already have more digimons in the rookie stage and at the moment they do not show any problem.

Can I ask you a question? Do you plan to color the digimon sprites at some point? I think it would give it a nice aesthetic touch and could attract people interested in having a v-pet in color.
I understand that you probably will not do it because it would be a very big job to paint each sprite of each digimon, but I ask out of interest.

Nr11

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
w8 a moment?? discord?? can i get an invite??