Digimon V-Pet fangame for PC (alpha)

theundersigned

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah it's buried in there somewhere. Should be the fourth value. 1 is real time, and any other number represents how many seconds happens in-game for every 1 real second. So 5 would be 5 seconds in game per 1 real second.

fiol877

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thx, i found it, for anyone interested, it's the fourth number in the save file.

KatzSwirl

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi! I'm a new user and I just downloaded this game. So far, I think it's really cute and nice game for me to pool in hours and hours of gameplay. I'd be really happy in raising my Digimon if not for one thing.

I run a Mac OS x system and the file I'm running in the jar. file. I can't seem to load any save file I have saved my Digimon under. I checked every file, moved them to the desktop screen, moved them to the DigiVPet folder but nothing.

I really don't want to see my Digimon disappear on me when I'm done for the day, so I desperately am seeking a solution to this problem!

Thank you for reading this message, developer.

theundersigned

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are you moving the jar so it looks like this?

KatzSwirl

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Managed to get the save files working by re-downloading the same zip and placing the jar. file into the D-vpet folder. Thanks!

Eiji

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For those who it might concern, I have put up a website to collect info and guides for the game: http://dvpet.xyz/

It's a big, big WIP as of now, but the community's adding to it slowly.

kidhate

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For those who it might concern, I have put up a website to collect info and guides for the game: http://dvpet.xyz/

Love the site! When just getting started There are so many questions and not everything is concrete, though with a game this big and everchanging its unrealistic and time consuming for theundersigned to list it all. I really think this could help more people into it and stay into it! I look forward to seeing how the game and the site grow!

fiol877

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

That's really good, thanks for doing that!

I have a some questions. The first is what exactly is the Card thing when battling, and the second, where is that battle log that was added a few updates back? I have downloaded the latest version but the file (im assuming that is a file like the error log) doesn't pop up anywhere. Maybe it's because my save is from an older version?

theundersigned

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The card thing isn't an implemented feature yet. It'll essentially be an item you can use in battle.
The battle log is generated when you battle someone through the "multi" option. So either with another program on your computer or someone online. Its main purpose is to help figure out if someone is cheating or not.

fiol877

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, i though that the battle log was for the adventure mode or any battle. So there is no way to know which digimon are you fightning or im missing something? It's a bit dificult without knowing the sprites LOL.

minsue

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ok so probably a dumb question so i apologize the guide says I can battle by using the ip address of those I wish to battle but the top post with updates etc. says it's a to be added feature i'm assuming it's not implimented yet and if so that means I need to do the adventure maps to get battles correct?

theundersigned

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You can connect to people online using an IP address, so you'll either need to setup a VPN or forward a port. Or you can connect to yourself using the default IP address already input for you (the loopback IP address).

Eventually, I want to setup my own server so people don't have to input IP addresses or setup VPNs or forward ports.

minsue

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You can connect to people online using an IP address, so you'll either need to setup a VPN or forward a port. Or you can connect to yourself using the default IP address already input for you (the loopback IP address).

Eventually, I want to setup my own server so people don't have to input IP addresses or setup VPNs or forward ports.
I got it working ty radmin server :D you guys and gals idk are all awesome.

Eiji

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The site is a collaborative effort of everyone in the community who hangs out via Discord and stuff :)

I just compile it all in one place lmao

Monsuno9

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am not sure why but soon after I download it the file gets deleted and I keep losing my digimon. I use the dropbox that you linked so I'm not sure what's going on. Can you please help? also I am using a windows system. I love this program and want to grow my own digimon but it's hard when the file keeps disappearing.

MidnightWolfie

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello! Okay first of all I wanna say, Thank you! This project is amazing! I've had my first - and only Digimon Tamagochi back when I was about 10 years old. I was thinking of getting another one now, but have tried to test this out before I do anything. So thank you for great work!

Now obviously I don't know anything about how to program things, etc, but I was wondering if there is an estimated time as to when we might be able to play this over our phones? There is an app or two on Android already but they are no where near as good as the one you are making. And also, will it be possible to raise the same digimon on different device? For example lets say i don't log into my PC for two days, but I do on my phone. And I raise my digimon over the phone. Would it be possible to make it so that the one on PC follows the exact progress of the phone one?

theundersigned

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you! And I'm glad you like it so far

I'd like to wait on developing an android version until after the game is complete. I'm a little concerned about trying to maintain a pc and android version at the same time. By waiting until I've finished all the game's features, I won't have as much to keep track of.

I've thought of a couple different ways to make the pc and android versions interact. The easiest and cheapest would be to transfer the save file to your computer wirelessly via bluetooth. Otherwise I'd have to setup some kind of server and pay to keep it running. I wasn't really planning to spend any money on this project though. But I was planning to develop a battle server and than release that separately for anyone who wants to setup a server themselves. I could do the same thing for something like this.

MidnightWolfie

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you! And I'm glad you like it so far

I'd like to wait on developing an android version until after the game is complete. I'm a little concerned about trying to maintain a pc and android version at the same time. By waiting until I've finished all the game's features, I won't have as much to keep track of.

I've thought of a couple different ways to make the pc and android versions interact. The easiest and cheapest would be to transfer the save file to your computer wirelessly via bluetooth. Otherwise I'd have to setup some kind of server and pay to keep it running. I wasn't really planning to spend any money on this project though. But I was planning to develop a battle server and than release that separately for anyone who wants to setup a server themselves. I could do the same thing for something like this.
As I said before, I know absolutely nothing about any of this so all I can do is talk about how I would like it to work, haha. But I can say that both of those sound like great ideas! A bluetooth sync (or a wifi sync, if that would be doable!) sounds like a painless transition. And if you plan to get a server I have a feeling that there's a bunch of people who wouldn't mind donating for the server's upkeep.

Again, great work! Thank you for it :)