Digimon V-Pet fangame for PC (alpha)

Nr11

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry I missed your posts.

Bits can only be earned by fighting in tournaments currently. The only other way I plan on players earning bits is by selling cards they win from enemies in adventure.

#2 does sound like a bug. I think I know what's going on, though, so I'll try to get it fixed soon.

Dont worry and thx for the anwser...

2) You know what, i started again and i noticed my fresh digimon got exahausted from doing nothing. Now that i think about it, i did note my first playthrough i found odd that my child digimon rarely could reach 11 or 12 (sometimes even less) without being exahusted. I thought things may have changed in some update. didnt make much of it the first time but now i cant seem to pass one day without making care mistakes :S Any thoughts??

Last edited:

theundersigned

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm testing it out now. There are only two ways a Digimon can become fatigued: energy goes below 0 or exercise/strength reaches the stage's current maximum (7 for Baby I, 10 for Baby II, and 13 for everything else). So energy or strength could be fluctuating for some reason. Or the strength maximums are set to something weird like 0.

Is your debug menu open? If it is, are you noticing exercise rising or energy falling below 0 without you doing anything?

Also, how long does it usually take to become exhausted as a fresh Digimon without you doing anything? I haven't come across it yet.

EDIT: I think I figured it out. I might have left behind a test variable when I uploaded the most recent update. Oops.

Last edited:

Nr11

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
EDIT: I think I figured it out. I might have left behind a test variable when I uploaded the most recent update. Oops.
Great, still want me to check the debug mode??, is there a way for me to fix it in the config or something?? or should i w8 for you to upload a new version?? its kinda messing my game right now so i stoped playing :p...

theundersigned

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just uploaded the fix. Let me know how it works, and if you come across any other bugs. Sorry for all the trouble.

Last edited:

Nr11

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*Fixed a bug causing fatigue to occur if strength decreased while above the max...

So that was actually it?? o_O... thx for the fast fix. Time to continue testing...

ShadowBoy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
theundersigned I found something that i think its a bug. at around 6500 steps of the second zone I fight a Numemon that allways dodge all my atacks and my digimon do the same making the fight to never finish lol.

theundersigned

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Which Digimon was fighting Numemon? And what are your attribute power levels? I think this may be more of a balance issue with Numemon's data attack.

Last edited:

theundersigned

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, it isn't really a bug, but it can be a bit of an issue in the game as things stand. The only counter to this kind of thing is to disable Numemon's data attack effect. You can do this by either getting stronger data power than Numemon or using an attack whose effect disables the opponent's effect. When I add cards, you could use card effects to increase data, switch the Digimon's field (since one of the reasons this happens is because you're Dark Area and the opponent is Nightmare Soldiers), disable all effects, or force the attacks to be random.

Mechanically speaking, I'll probably change Numemon's data attack effect to something that can't stall battles. I'll keep an eye out for other attacks like this. The Weakness effect itself might need to be removed from every attack in the game and restricted to temporary card effects. In the meantime, you can change this effect yourself if you edit Numemon's attacks in the evolutions.csv file.

Last edited:

Nr11

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So my kuwagamon died and i got a nice little animation of a chip from it. As i understand, that means i got an inheritance chip?? if that is the case, i cant seem to find it anywhere, as my inventory shows empty when i restart another egg and ofc, all its stats shows 0. Anything am i doing wrong??

theundersigned

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hrm. It was working last I checked. Which inventory are you looking in? It should be with the items, not food.

Nr11

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hrm. It was working last I checked. Which inventory are you looking in? It should be with the items, not food.
o_O... i didnt realize there were 2 inventories. How can i check the "not food" inventory?? Srry to ask :S

Edit: Ok, nevermind, i got it figured... Scroll/praise menu -__-

Last edited:

theundersigned

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No problem! I know it isn't exactly intuitive, but I couldn't think of where else to put it.

Let me know if you come across any other problems

Nr11

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I´ve noticed that wild battles happen even when i sleep... Is this by design? as i have not seen it wakes my meramon, do they have any kind of downside??

2) i just recently entered a tournament for 6 days old digimons and as my meramon won the second fight it got exhausted, because my last energy bar got spended in the battle. Anyways, i just pulled through it, got a vitamin and braced for my next fight :S... it was a good beat down and meramon lost and as soon as that happened, the game froze. Just reporting it to you (thankfully i did recently saved and it was a good fight O_O). Error log shows this:

2019_11_20 23:51:33 : class java.lang.NullPointerException : null
java.awt.image.FilteredImageSource.startProduction(Unknown Source)

2019_11_21 13:53:56 : class java.lang.NullPointerException : null
java.awt.image.FilteredImageSource.startProduction(Unknown Source)

2019_11_21 14:09:20 : class java.lang.StackOverflowError : null
Model.PhysicalState.setEnergy(PhysicalState.java:1204)

Last edited:

theundersigned

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for the bug report!

Oof, that's embarrassing. I imagine that crash has been in the game for quite some time, too, so thanks for finding it. The fix is up now, so check it out when you get the chance.

As for the wild battles, they can occur whenever you're in adventure mode while outside a town. The only downside to ignoring these battles is that it counts as a surrender, meaning your Digimon will regress in the map and lose some energy, weight, hunger, and enthusiasm. It should probably wake them up, too, now that I think about it.

Sorry it took a while to respond. If you need to get a hold of me more quickly, feel free to PM or email me. Sometimes I just have a second to check this site's notifications, so I might miss a new post at first.

Nr11

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for the bug report!
Ofc, that is the least i can do... im glad to be of help to your amazing project.

Sorry it took a while to respond. If you need to get a hold of me more quickly, feel free to PM or email me. Sometimes I just have a second to check this site's notifications, so I might miss a new post at first.
Dont worry and ill keep it mind...

theundersigned

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's a small chance every hour that increases as obedience and mood increases. I chose a factor so that there's about a 30% chance to receive a gift every 16 hours, but it can be changed in the config file.

I'm also working on a way for Digimon to have a chance of finding certain items in adventure mode. I think it'll be a good way to spread items out a little more.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's a small chance every hour that increases as obedience and mood increases. I chose a factor so that there's about a 30% chance to receive a gift every 16 hours, but it can be changed in the config file.

I'm also working on a way for Digimon to have a chance of finding certain items in adventure mode. I think it'll be a good way to spread items out a little more.
That's good. One of my suggestions was going to be earning small amounts of money from Adventure mode Digimon because tournaments are kind of a difficult way to farm, especially early game and with the high prices of a lot of items. If you can find items on the ground or get them from defeated wild Digimon, that helps solve that issue.

theundersigned

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had trouble assigning prices and money to items and tournaments because I wasn't sure how important the items and food would be. I don't have any problem with changing these numbers, though. I'd like to increase how much money is won from tournaments specifically since most items have multiple uses. But I'm sure item prices could use an adjustment as well.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas or if someone's changed the prices themselves and found a point that works better.