Digimon Universe Coming Soon, New Project including Animation and Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digimonuniverse

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey guys, I been thinking about this new series. Since I think they are changing the formula of digimon, do you guys think they going to change the name of the digital world to app world or something

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's a possibility that Appmon originate from an "Application World", but such an invention would not outright replace the Digital World. It wouldn't shock me if they were seeking spinoff/offshoot material with all this, but in order to do that you need to firs integrate it with ideas people are already familiar with. Nothing is "replacing" Digimon; at worst the Appmon are going to function like Spirit Digimon or Xros Digimon, and not fall into the traditional Level system.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That could make some sense. And might not be a bad idea. Compared to the previous two.

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looking at some of those Appmons, Shoutmon could easily be mistaken as one with those horns or head ridge thingie of his.

Green haired Goggle Boy? He sure reminds me of a Yu-Gi-Oh main character a bit.

Plus, this may just be me and my eyes, but, looking at those four Appmons and the Digimon in the cards... Another DigiXros-like feature?

Last edited:

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This just might be different from anything we've seen before, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Those cards could function similar to the 3DS/2DS AR cards, except the end result is not an illusion. That cell phone thingie kinda sucks (does it qualify as a Digivice). Overall, I'm looking forward to seeing how this tangent turns out. Also, probably unpopular opinion, but I love that callback to Shoutmon.

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And as many other fans wiser than I suggested last month, the 'mon with the magnifying glass is definitely not Hackmon. Excuse me while I eat my hat for even suggesting it.

I think it's super cool that the Appmon featured on this poster all have design elements that reference an app's icon. The green one on the far left has arms that resemble a stylized location pin; the yellow one on the far right has what looks like speakers in its palms in addition to headphones.

And the blue Appmon to the left of our new gogglehead bears a lot of resemblance to V-dramon and Gumdramon (it has some sort of steel ball on the end of its tail).

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Digimon do indeed represent the apps, the guy we already knew of is the search function, the orange one represents the music function, the red and green owl bot represents the map app, the blue one the knuckle app, only one I can't tell is the emoji monster.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be honest I think the new designs are wierd so far, since I feel very attached to the old Digimon designs, but I'm very excited to find out what this new series can turn out after all is a NEW DIGIMON SERIES :D:D
Besides, I thought the same think when Xros Wars first came out and now is my favourite Digimon season! :) Just one side note: I honestly hope we can see new Digimon and not only Appmon in this new anime!!

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like the Appmon's design, but the main character looks like he came straight out of DeviantArt.
Are those forms the main Appmon can attain by using those chips? It reminds me of Rockman.EXE's Style Change.

EDIT: Also there's some more apps on the background.

CrazyAristocracy

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll be honest. I expected this to look better than... this.

KerisSiber

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
wow finally main digimon a beast type!? but seems got few picture his upgrade.. how many "digidestined" in the series... that main google boy holding new "digivice"?? owh cant wait for tomorrow news!!

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Something of note: The Gogglehead is holding something up and it's shining but it¡s cut off from the image, his digivice (I think) is in his other hand, so what could that be?

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay, just to clear a few things up, the images posted earlier are taken from a new official Digimon Universe twitter account that can be found here: https://twitter.com/appmon_official
(banner and the profile pic to be precise, although for some reason horribly cropped and zoomed in)

Also something quite interesting is the profile description of the account:
デジモンの系譜を継ぐ、まったく新しい物語が起動するー新番組『デジモンユニバース アプリモンスターズ』2016年10月からテレビ東京系で放送開始!!アニメだけでなく、玩具やデジタルキッズカードゲームをはじめとした関連商品、ゲーム、雑誌など、クロスメディアで展開していきます。
besides the blurbs we already know they also mention October 2016 and TV Tokyo so this could actually be straight up an announcement of when the anime is going to be broadcasted. However I'll wait for someone with more advanced knowledge of Japanese to confirm the contents before starting a new News thread about that.

Some more comments: I'm not particularly surprised about the Protagonist's hair color, anime designs and all that and also we pretty much have goggle boys with all kinds of hair colors; brown (of course), black, blue, orange, red, pink... so why not green?
The appmon designs look okay to me, but not being the biggest fan of Xros Wars, the Shoutmon looking monster (and the purple framed one looking quite a bit liek Gumdramon) kinda worries me a bit, although I assume marketing-wise there's value in bringing them up since it was the last big TV project Digimon did...

Last edited:

Minoru

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Something of note: The Gogglehead is holding something up and it's shining but it¡s cut off from the image, his digivice (I think) is in his other hand, so what could that be?
Maybe one of those card things that can be seen at the bottom of the image?

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Appmon now has a Twitter, and os far it's only tweet is linking to Toei's site: https://twitter.com/appmon_official

I guess anime information fairly soon, and I also guess whatever was posted above is real. Why so Gumdramon?

EDIT: Durr, I don't "guess" anything, all that stuff with the new kid and Appmon are the official's Twitter's header. Also, I like the idea of a Digimon based on smarthphone text bubbles.

EDIT EDIT: OK, that Gumdramon thing even has a similar tail; it's clearly an "Apped-out" Gumdramon. Looking more and more like the X Digimon, with the mangifying glass guy functioning as a Dorumon-esque mascot/representative.

Last edited:

SakuyamonX

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like the Digimon (err Appmon?) designs, especially the idea of having them based on apps. Not sure how I feel about some of the Appmon having a Shoutmon resemblance and what appears to be a mechanic similar to DigiXros. Then again, Jogress has existed since Xros'ing was a thing, but I have a feeling this series will take a lot of cues from the previous one. I also have a feeling we're going to get more than one 'mon per human character again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.