Digimon Universe: AppMonsters Airing Info, Various other bits, Images & Art from JVC

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Universe: AppMonsters Airing Info, Various other bits, Images & Art from JVC

We knew it would air on TV Tokyo, but we finally have more detailed information thanks to the Jump Victory Carnival.

Image Thumbnail

Digimon Universe: AppMonsters will begin on Saturday, October 1st at 7am on TV Tokyo.

Thus far no new trailer (perhaps saving for the next few days or upcoming weeks.)

They expect various products will be ready and in stores on October 8th to tie into the series beginning.

Character Profiles, Cast, and Images have been coming out in recent weeks.

The Jump Victory Carnival is going on now, DigiFes starts in a bit over 24 hours, and various other Digimon news bits are showing up, so hopefully we get more soon.

And from the Carnival...

Image Thumbnail

The various Digimon suits are there in promotion of the brand. Thanks to DAC for the image.

Thanks to Count_Caffaule we have more images of the suits, and of some of the designs they have on site from the show. Thus far we only have great looks at two of them, both Hackmon, which revealed underneath the Appmon version of Hackmon's hood is.... a head that looks shockingly like a recolored Hackmon!

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

I don't know why I'm surprised he looks like Hackmon... I guess with all the shadowing I expected something more mysterious to be revealed.

We will update with more art when we get good images of other ones up at the JVC.

Update- kureigi_pi put up an interesting image (cropped out some of the phone kibble from the image.)

Image Thumbnail

At first it just looks like an upcoming Appmon card.

But the name is interesting. The text "ツブモン" is identical to the name of Tsubumon (Armadimon's Baby 1 form.)

Image Thumbnail

So after Hackmon was an Appmon version of 'classic' Hackmon, we have what appears to be the first Appmon with an identical name to a Digimon, but with only minimal inspiration from his namesake (in Appmon Tsubumon's case, he has 3 points on the top of his head, which matches classic Tsubumon even though they have no other obvious similarities.)

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Hackmon's able to Ghost in the Shell his claws into those tools?
Image Thumbnail (custom)

Again, I think we'll end up seeing him turning into Leviathan that octopus-like hack guy.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
TsubumonL is Armadimons baby 1 form marc. Upamon is baby 2.

This tsubumon is cute though. I was wondering if a appmon for twitter would appear.

October first? nice. I thought it was the 9th. I'm glad it's sooner. Gatchimon looks so cute as a costume. <3 i am Hopeful there will be a preview at Digifes.

Last edited:

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love Hackmon's design. Can't wait to see it and Rei animated. They're my favorite so far.

And that airing time slot is a nice one, right? Aren't the most popular kids-oriented anime aired around that time?

Digimonuniverse

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seeing hackmon design make me think that raidramon it his fusion form like dogatchmon, but I don't know who he will fuse with

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So after Hackmon was an Appmon version of 'classic' Hackmon, we have what appears to be the first Appmon with an identical name to a Digimon, but with only minimal inspiration from his namesake (in Appmon Tsubumon's case, he has 3 points on the top of his head, which matches classic Tsubumon even though they have no other obvious similarities.)
I mean, what other similarities could​ one have to a baby-level.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That sure is interesting. And glad that it's only a few months away. Hey, isn't that close to when Tri 3 airs?

Touya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Appmon's future timeslot currently belongs to Time Travel Girl: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/animetable/

After that it goes 7:30 AM - Yu-Gi-Oh! 20th anniversary remaster 8:00 AM - Future Card Buddyfight DDD. Assuming DDD is a 50+ episode season like Buddyfight's previous seasons and not a 26-er, it will still be airing an hour after Appmon every Saturday morning until December-ish. Duel Monsters is probably not going anywhere given how TV Tokyo adores it, though I haven't been keeping close track on upcoming slot changes if they've announced any. 7 AM is the earliest half-hour children's slot on TV Tokyo, meaning Appmon will be the first kids' anime aired every Saturday morning, but kids are going to be seeing it next to DM and Buddyfight. Seeing it and Buddyfight an hour apart could be a little hazardous to Appmon's reputation, because of how similar the Buddy Appmon and Buddy Monster ideas sound, and because of Buddyfight being an established franchise that kids are already accustomed to. Digimon hasn't been on TV for four years, Buddyfight's been on for the last two.

OTOH since it's not a card game anime like BF, and the atmosphere is looking to hit closer to the real world than Buddyfight's bizarre fantasy setting, that may be enough to avoid comparison.