Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters- First Episode Title, Description, and OP/ED Titles

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We are less than a week away from a new Digimon series on October 1st, one that may or may not be changing quite a bit of the franchise based on how you view things (to the extent that some fans wonder if it will 'really' be Digimon or not, especially with no creatures deemed 'Digimon' in it.)

Image Thumbnail

The first episode title for Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters is...

Gatchmon Appears!
Or, if you want the actual Japanese text: ガッチモンあらわる!

The description of the first episode:
Haru Shinkai is a normal middle school first-grader who dreams of becoming like a protagonist. Without warning, a Search App monster, Gatchmon, appears out of his smartphone! It is at that moment when unusual phenomenons started taking place throughout the world!

We also have the titles for the opening and ending songs. We already knew who the singers were, but it's good to have the full information.

Image Thumbnail

The opening theme song is "DiVE!!" by Amatsuki. (Dive is spelled in English for the title.)

Image Thumbnail

The ending theme is "Aoi Honoo no Syndrome" by Riho Iida. ("Blue Flame Syndrome" or "青い炎のシンドローム" for those who like their titles more or less translated respectively.)

It isn't long now for Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters to begin...

The first episode premieres on Saturday October 1st, 7am (Japan time.)

Thanks to garm for getting me the translations back really fast after I sent the information to him.

Update- Release info for Blue Flame Syndrome is here.

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pardon me if this is offtopic, but do you know if Crunchyroll will be officially simulcasting AppMon since it's right around the corner? They recently added Xros Wars subbed, and series 1-4 dubbed to their list of shows available so I think it could have a good chance.

Also, are these new and upcoming artists doing the songs? I've literally never heard of them until now.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've updated the singers' names to link to the original news articles I wrote when we found out they were singing the songs, as it will give better context to who they are than any late night explanation I'd type up.

As I recall, CR simulcasted Hunters, they added Xros Wars as Hunters was airing in batches (you mention they recently added it, perhaps they removed it for licensing reasons at some point and recently re-added it.)

There is no specific information on a simulcast of Appmon.

They are simulcasting Digimon Adventure tri, along with some other Toei anime.

Appmon may be a unique situation compared to certain shows. It is arguably most valuable to them if they can get it dubbed, and have a licensing program connected to it, which gives them a reason to perhaps NOT want it simulcast.

But then, the audience who watches simulcasts is also not the young audience who would likely most likely watch it dubbed, etc.

That's not necessarily helpful information... but it's a long way of going, there are so many variables even looking at 'logic' doesn't make sense because of the unique position Appmon is in.

I'd say the best hope of a simulcast would be something that could tick off 'all' the boxes.... something along the lines of, Funi signs on as master licensor for it, to dub it, get products out there, etc. which would equate to a subbed simulcast on Crunchyroll based on their new partnership.

If/When we get news of a simulcast, you can be sure I will make sure no one can miss the news. We found out about tri. part 3's simulcast on the night of the 21st. We had 2 news threads for it before streaming began, the morning of the 23rd.

That may have been to much to write at 2am... so I'm going to bed.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm quite happy about it coming very soon. I'd also be happy if it came to Crunchyroll. But let's see what happens first.

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guess Appmon anime would be worth to watch as well. Not to mention maybe something to entertain the older fans until February for Soshitsu.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The ending theme is "Aoi Honoo no Syndrome" by Riho Iida. ("Blue Flames Syndrome" or "青い炎のシンドローム" for those who like their titles more or less translated respectively.)
KEK, sounds like a term describing the new tendency to give rivals and antagonists ‘edgy’ redesigns of previously generic protagonist digimon — which indeed they are doing again this series.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welp, let's hope these songs aren't self referential, unlike Yokai Watch, it's primary competition(I believe it is anyway). Going by the song names anyway(I mean, Blue Flame Syndrome, definitely distinct from Yokai Dance or whatever it was called. Just like good ol' Digimon.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol at Seymour's comment. I personally am wondering if "Blue Flame Syndrome" sounds anything like "Blazing Blue Flare."

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm gueissng Blue Flame Syndrome may be some sort of mellow love song, or friendship song, comparing some feeling to a blue flame. It may appear in universe because of Eri's idol group.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the news with a link to the article about the release format and info for the ED CD.

http://withthewill.net/threads/16515

Please move any discussion of the ED there.

I've also changed the translation from 'Blue Flames' to 'Blue Flame' for now.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also, it is mentioned something about a new game in real time? (whatever it can be, it reminds me a lot of Digimon Battle Walker) :rolleyes:
I'm not sure how a vague mention of a game can remind you of a specific game.

Looking over the article there is nothing remotely related to any mention of a new game.

The only thing new, which isn't relevant to any of us is...

They are doing a stamp rally on 2 days (October 8th and 9th) at Inokashira Park,kids go to checkpoints and collect stamps, and if they get all of them they get a chance to win an Applidrive.

At the end of the 2nd day the Gatchmon suit will show up and they will screen episode 1 for the kids.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also, it is mentioned something about a new game in real time? (whatever it can be, it reminds me a lot of Digimon Battle Walker) :rolleyes:
I'm not sure how a vague mention of a game can remind you of a specific game.
Because Battle Walker also took place just after Xros Wars aired in Japan as a way to promote it and it also kind of interact with space in real time, players will had to go to specific places in order to some missions, etc.

Last edited:

jamesC

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
is there really no legal streaming site that picked this up yet?