Digimon: Trial Run (Sign Up/Discuss)

ShadowCat13

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have to agree the line could be a lot more interesting. That doesn't bug me a whole lot though. At least the Child level could lead to some character interaction.

I find the history a bit more meh. I feel it could be more original. Tragic backgrounds get a bit tiring after years of Rping. Simply getting kidnapped in a raid feels a bit better then the whole village getting done in. Though even thats angsty tragic material lol

In the end though the character isn't horrible. Kinda cookie cutter to me, but seen worse. I think it could be improved but if Exodd is fine with it then I wont worry to much.

Saiga

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Great!

Nickname: Snow

Evolution Line: Yukimi Botamon > Yaamon > Impmon > Sorcerimon > Blue Meramon > Chaos Gallantmon Core

History: Snow's DigiTama was found in Access Glacier by a traveling Wizarmon, who brought the DigiTama back to his village, which was founded by other Digimon from Witchelny. As a Yukimi Botamon, Snow was given his nickname by Wizarmon and raised by the villagers, who introduced him to Witchely's "advanced programming language". Snow was fascinated by this sorcery, and wanted to learn it for himself after evolving. Perhaps due to being raised around Demon Man Digimon, Snow eventually evolved to Yaamon. Even after reaching the Baby II stage, the villagers would not teach Snow how to use their magic, due to the advanced nature of it. They believed Snow would have to evolve further and master the magic of his native Digital World before he would be ready. Snow was not happy with this, and felt their explanations were just excuses, something he would often vent to anyone who would listen. Eventually, Snow's complaints were heard by a visitor passing through the village, who informed Snow that he might possibly be able to learn advanced sorcery earlier than his carers intended...

Personality: Snow is a very curious soul, driven to learn as much about magic as possible. He is also very naive, and growing up surrounded by Demon Man and Nightmare Soldier Digimon has lead him to favoring "darker" appearing Digimon - it also makes him oblivious to the less savory Virus-type Digimon. Snow is very open to strangers, and years to travel the Digital World after hearing Wizarmon's tales. He is a little bit impatient, and was instructed by Wizarmon that he should learn to remain calm if he wants to excel at sorcery.

Other:

I used Chaos Dukemon Core to keep the snow/ice theme. If you don't want me to use that since it's a video game exclusive character, I can change to Chaos Dukemon proper.

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Accepted.
I currently have a Sorcerymon as a NPC, but that is a minor role I can pick a different Digimon for.
ChaosDukemon Core is actually a better choice over the regular for this, I think. The icy abilities also help distance ChaosDukemon from Megidramon.

Saiga

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, with the profiles making ChaosDukemon and Megidramon out to be possibly the same Digimon I also thought that might be weird. Chaos Dukemon Core it is.

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess we're not following an stablished order, so: how long should we wait before skipping posting turns?

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd say just post when you think there is enough to respond to. I mean, don't make really short replies, of course, but you don't necessarily have to wait for everyone else to post again before having your character react to what's going on.

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just wanted to say I'll still be posting. I've just been busy with helping my grandma and aunt with her kids, and getting over being sick.

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry, I'm in the middle of my last exams period... I check the forum regularly, but haven't gotten into the RP for a while. I'll try to catch you up this evening.

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm sorry to say that ShadowCat has had her internet disconnected and won't be able to post for the foreseeable future. Hopefully she'll get it back sooner than later.

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, you can.

I plan to leave sign-ups open until there are eight characters or the characters start to evolve to Child level, whichever is first.

Anna___

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Greece (A.K.A The place with old, boring, historic
Application

Nickname - Ryūko (竜子) (Meaning: Dragon Child)

Evolution Line -
Petitmon -> Babydmon -> Lopmon -> Centalmon -> Gokuwmon -> Griffomon

Gender -
Male

History - Ryūko was raised, along with other Baby Digimon, at a village stationed on the foot of a mountain. The village is run and inhibited by
Dragon-type Digimon. There, Baby Digimon are brought up to think and act as dragons, in hopes of them evolving to Dragon-types in order to
increase the declining number of them. Ryūko is kinda afraid of dragons, despite being one himshelf. He is intimidated by their size, toughness,
power and attitude. He always heard stories with dragons being bad, evil, mean, cocky, stupid, stingy and terrifying. Not wanting to associate
himself with none of those adjectives, he tried countless times different training methods than his peers to evolve to something different, but
all led to failure. Until, one day came passing by a mysterious Shurimon who promised him to make him evolve to whatever he wished.

Personality -
Ryūko is a very calm individual who tries to avoid fighting of any form. He tries to see the best in other people and doesn't judge
based on any pre-established assumptions. He enjoys helping and taking care of others, but he can be extremely protective of things he cares
about. With him being a pacifist, he doesn't know when to stand up for himself and trusts people very easily because he perceives that everyone
has something redeeming about themselves.

Other - Centalmon has ALL the piercings the original had (yes,even the crotch one) and his Hunting Cannon is black. Gokuwmon doesn't have
the Kinkoji and Griffomon's tail isn't sentient.

Last edited:

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What's your reasoning for Centarumon evolving to Taomon? I can see some connections between all the others, but the hunter centaur and spiritualist fox don't seem to have much in common.
Also, there is already a character with DinoTigermon as a mega, so please choose another, if you would.

Anna___

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Greece (A.K.A The place with old, boring, historic
I changed the Ultimate to Ravmon. If you want me to change something else, notify me.
Skratch everything I am gonna change the evolutions.
Did it.

Last edited:

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay, I see what you were going for with this line, I think. Interesting and works well with the character's personality. Accepted.

Although, I'm not sure when the RP will pick up again. We've been waiting awhile for some players to catch up.