Digimon: Trial Run (Sign Up/Discuss)

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon: Trial Run

Intro
Folder Continent, Eastern Digital World. In the wake of a shocking occurrence that has spread both apprehension and outrage among the citizens of the region, rumors are stirring of looming conflict. However, a more localized and substantial issue has become apparent: A string of disappearances in the small towns to the north. There have been reports of wandering strangers offering an "opportunity of power", as well as increased Virus traffic within the nearby outskirts and woods. Authorities appear to be planning an immediate investigation. In the meantime, the whereabouts of the missing infant Digimon remain unknown.
---
In this RP, you play as a Digimon and find yourself part of a mysterious experiment. Maybe you were lured by a shady recruiter, or perhaps abducted against your will. Maybe you don't even remember how you got roped in. Either way, you will have to uncover the details surrounding the operation, while also trying to survive the various parties coming after you and your fellow test subjects.
You start out as Baby II level, but evolutions will likely go by fast. I don't plan for this story to be very long.

Character Notes
-There are a few Digimon I plan to have as NPCs that I'd rather players didn't use. These are: Nanomon, Petermon, Archnemon, Kougamon, Peckmon, MagnaKidmon, BeelStarrmon, Gundramon, Ophanimon, and Ebemon.
-Try to have your character's evolutions relate to his/her personality. While not absolutely necessary, I think this will lead to more unusual and story-driven lines.
-No fan-made Digimon, please.
Application
Remember, your character is a Digimon. There are no humans involved in this short story. I might ask you to modify some things if I think they don't fit with the setting.
Nickname - (Optional. Some of the NPCs will have nicknames anyway.)
Evolution Line - (Baby II to Ultimate/Mega. You can include a Baby I, but that probably won't come into play except in your own back story. The evolutions are permanent because reasons.)
Gender -
History -
Personality -
Other - (Optional.)
---
This is my first attempt at managing a RP, and I might have missed something. If you have questions or comments, let me know.
---

Characters (and Players)

Flick the Sunmon (Exodd)
Nyoko the Pyocomon (Deino)
Kiki the Budmon (ShadowCat13)
Raja the Wanyamon (Faust)
Reyze the Chicomon (FranGP)
Snow the Yaamon (Saiga)

Last edited:

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nickname - Flick

Evolution Line - Bombmon -> Sunmon -> Solarmon -> BomberNanimon -> BigMamemon -> BantyoMamemon

Gender - Male

History - Having been raised from an egg along with similar Digimon by the recruitment division of the Crack Team, Flick's role straight from hatching was to be a weapon. Although he was left exhausted each time, he didn't mind being tossed around as a grenade during raids. That was his duty to those that had taken him in, as he was reminded almost daily. One day his zeal led to his evolution into a new squishy body rather than an explosive shock wave. He was rendered virtually valueless to his team. He was in line to be junked. Fortunately for him, the gracious lead science officer requested he take part in a new evolution research, to which he readily agreed.

Personality - Being a Machine-type, Flick usually has a rigid demeanor. He's out of the loop when popular culture and social norms are concerned. He often takes information literally and answers questions factually, though this has nothing to do with honesty. An ingrained sense of duty causes him to be hung up on being useful to those he trusts, even if he gets no thanks in return. He tries to remain calmly focused on the task at hand and not show emotion casually, but he may lose his cool if his temper is tested enough.

Other -

Last edited:

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nickname – Nyoko
Evolution Line – Nyokimon->Pyocomon->Keramon->Chrysalimon->Shadramon->Megidramon
Gender - Female
History – Nyoko doesn’t remember much of her early days, very few memories stand out, a few Digimon here and there, the warmth of the earth, she was beloved by everyone in her community, old and young alike, when she evolved, well, that wasn’t the case, as a Pyocomon she became more of a extrovert, unlike the other Pyocomons who wanted to become Biyomons or Palmons, she wanted to become something a bit weirder, a “butterfly” in her words, having the wings of a bird and the colours of a flower, so she wanted to be a Tentomon or a Wormmon instead, this automatically made her a outcast, her response to being made fun off was as simple as ignoring them and wishing to gain her wings and fly away to a land where everyone will idol her.
Personality – Nyoko can be ruthless to people specially if she feels like she is being threatened, something that sounds even slightly like an insult can make her lose her mind and go on a tantrum, at heart she just wants to be special, she is pretty awkward around other people since she doesn’t socialize a lot, she also has really high standards and passes as a bit snobby, she doesn’t speak to Virus-Digimon unless necessary and even then she is extremely rude to them. She likes flirt around Anthropomorphic Digimon, passing her off as a bit of a tease.
Other – Loves tea and always has a flower with her.

Ok, tell me if anything needs to be fixed.

ShadowCat13

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This sounds interesting. As it's not going to be a long term rp I just might give it a shot. I'll have to think on it.

How fast was you hoping for it to move? Because of my health issues I can be a slow poster sometimes. I'd hope to be able to do one every few days maybe more if i"m feeling well (if it moves that fast), but if its lots of posts every day I can't do it.

Digimon line.

Nickname - Kiki
Evolution Line - Leafmon> Budmon> Alraumon> Sunflowmon> Petaldrmon> Ceresmon
Gender - Female
History - Kiki was born in a valley where a number of digimon grew lots of different kinds of food. Most of the older digimon were plant types, but not all. That didn't matter though, not when they all enjoyed working together to grow and take care of the food that would feed many. For the most part everyone were friends and happy living in the valley. In her first stage Kiki was happy too. She couldn't really do much to help with the plants, but everyone around her seemed to be enjoying life, so Kiki was content too.

After she evolved to a thorny little ball and started to explore her home more, Kiki started to wonder what else was out there. Making sure everyone had plenty of food was a important job for sure, but she wanted something more exciting. She wanted a bit of an adventure. So she started to make a bit of a pest of herself bouncing around pretending she was one of the strong and powerful digimon they had tells of. Tells of the mighty dragon digimon were some of here favorite.

So when a passerby offered to let her tag along as he traveled to other villages and places, she jumped at the chance. Little did she know what leaving with them would mean for her.

Personality - She's imaginative and can be energetic, especially when excited. She is always wanting to hear new stories or 'play fight' with other little digimon. Not too roughly though, she wouldn't want to really hurt anyone.

Around a large bustling crowd Kiki can get a bit scared, she never had to deal with lots of digimon or a lot of loud noises in her home valley. She will try to act tough or like it doesn't bother her though. Even if she's hiding behind someone she trusts while she acts like she's all good.

Other - Ceresmon is large, but not huge. I'd think about the same size as Imperialdramon. There is no humanoid on its head either.

Last edited:

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nickname:
---Raja

Evolution Line:
---Zurumon-->Wanyamon-->Leormon-->Dorulumon-->Mihiramon-->DinoTigermon

History:
---Born in a tropical region, Wanyamon grew accustomed to fresh waters, bountiful fruit trees, and the feeling of soft sand beneath her fur. Life was tranquil and peaceful, until a mysterious organization passed through the region, and a lobomon scientist took Wanyamon and other young digimon away, telling the older digimon that they would be well cared for and used to benefit digimon-kind. Wanyamon had no reason to distrust the lobomon, but she would soon learn the true nature of these experiments, and her role within them.

Personality:
---Wanyamon was once careful and a fun-loving digimon. Now she is a bit nervous, and doesn't always trust other digimon right away. She is still friendly, however, and if she is sure she is safe, cares for her friends and looks out for the weak.

Other:
---As Leormon, Raja has a more orange color to her fur with black stripes, and a more fluffy fur type over all, with a slightly bulkier body, to reflect the tiger line.

Last edited:

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nickname - Reyze
Evolution Line - Chibomon -> SnowAgumon -> Yasyamon -> Vajramon -> Zanbamon
Gender - Male
History - Reyze was raised on a little village amongst its kind. A few V-mon took care of the little babies while they grew up, and so they were never in need of food, friends or housing. Peaceful as it was, no one could imagine that a feral group of Agumon would attack the village. They outnumbered the V-mon who protected the small Chibomon, and they kidnapped a few of them. It seemed that their own numbers were slowly decreasing and they had to replenish their numbers if they didn't want to go extinct. The kidnapped Chibomon were treated as kindly as they were in their hometown, and thus grew considering the Agumon their parents. Reyze, however, knew that something was wrong and did not fully trust the Agumon tribe.
Personality - He had always been a peaceful baby, and he never required special attention. He prefers solitude, although he can pretend that he likes playing along other Digimon for a while. After his village was attacked, he grew even more aware of strangers and shut himself more and more, up to the point where he almost never talks to or befriends other Digimon. He likes the sound of the water flowing, so he prefers staying near rivers and waterfalls. Reyze hates the heat, and so he can't stand living amongst Agumon.
Other - Likes digimushroom and jogging (jumping in his current stage). Dislikes fish and going to bed early.

Last edited:

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hard to be sure about the pace of the RP at this point. The number of players and who is playing would be factors. A post every two or three days should be fine, I think. That's probably about how often I would post, anyway.

That's an interesting line Deino. Having Keramon and Megidramon gave me pause, but those should be okay to use as long as you don't have them highly destructive like in the profiles. I'm curious why Nyoko dislikes Viruses and is attracted to humanoids. Is that because of certain Digimon she met?

FranGP, are you sure you'd have enough to post if your character is silent a lot of the time?

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Them being distructive really doesn't fit with Nyoko's personality so I never intended for her to be a killing machine. She doesn't like Virus Digimon because she sees them as the scum of the Digital World, robbers and evil-doers, each time she saw a robbery or a crime in general it was always a Virus Digimon, so she just paints all of them equally. The same can be aplied to Humanoid Digimon but in an opposite case, almost all of her heroes are Leomons or Darcmons, her dislike of Virus Digimon kind of bypassess this rule of her since Devimon and Vamdemon are also humanoid but are Virus.

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
FranGP, are you sure you'd have enough to post if your character is silent a lot of the time?
Hmmm I can edit it so he is just shy, or not too talkative. I usually compensate with descriptions and having the character express himself with body language

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like my apps have sucked lately. If you want any changes, just let me know.

ShadowCat13

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok I have decided to give this a shot and added in a SU in my first post.

This is the line i'm hoping to use. Leafmon> Budmon> Alraumon> Sunflowmon> Petaldrmon> Ceresmon

If you'll allow it I wont have Ceresmon be huge. I was thinking of having it be about the same size as Imperialdramon. I'd not use any OP attacks/powers either. And I'd not have the girl sticking out of the head.

Also I think having a fruit tree on her back will be a little homage to the place she was born. I just think it's a good fit.

Last edited:

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Them being distructive really doesn't fit with Nyoko's personality so I never intended for her to be a killing machine. She doesn't like Virus Digimon because she sees them as the scum of the Digital World, robbers and evil-doers...almost all of her heroes are Leomons or Darcmons, her dislike of Virus Digimon kind of bypassess this rule of her since Devimon and Vamdemon are also humanoid but are Virus.
Ah, I see. Your profile is accepted.

Hmmm I can edit it so he is just shy, or not too talkative. I usually compensate with descriptions and having the character express himself with body language
That might be a good idea. Not a big deal as long as other players can communicate with your character. Your app is accepted.

Faust, your app is also accepted. The striped Leormon sounds cool. I find the bit about the Lobomon amusing; that scientist could be both telling the truth and lying.

ShadowCat13, that is a nice and detailed app, which is also accepted. That is a good idea to have a smaller-than-normal Ceresmon.

I suppose I should start the actual RP thread soon. I plan to have the characters put together in a laboratory at the start. Everyone okay with that?

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm fine with that. Are we strangers to each other in that case?

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sounds good to me

ShadowCat13

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Starting off like that sounds fine to me. I thought we'd begin like that. I do have a few questions though.

How will they be treated at the lab? Will they be together in a cell of some kind? Kept mostly separate in specimen cages? And about how long will they have been at the lab? Will the rp start with them being dropped off at the lab or will they have been at the place for a while when it starts?

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thread is up.

The RP starts with the characters each in their own cells, waking up after being knocked out for an operation. They won't know each other yet. They were all transferred there on the same day and kept under watch. The cells are arranged kind of like in a prison block, so they are able to speak to each other through the doors.

Mind

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do tell me if there's anything wrong.
Nickname - V. (Pronounced 'Vee'. Get it?)
Evolution Line - DemiVeemon ----> Veemon ----> ExVeemon ----> Paildramon ----> Magnadramon
Gender - Male
History - As a young hatchling, V really didn't have any parents. The reasons behind this were due to a large fire that erupted in the forest he resided in, burning his home to the ground and everyone he briefly knew to death. The cause of the fire were a group of Meramon, hired by a group of thugs to retrieve any infant Digimon they discover within the area. Burning down the very home of these infants may not have been a smart idea, but what would you expect from a humanoid Digimon with a brain fueled by gasoline? Nonetheless, V was taken from his home at a young age and held prisoner ever since.

Personality -Despite everything, V is a very outgoing Digimon, always filled with energy and enthusiasm. He is quick to anger and act, but normally has a caring and kind front. V could also be considered gullible or too kind for his own good. Whether his days as a prisoner will harden him or not remains to be shown.
Other - N/A.

Last edited:

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How did V's personality develop and how was he impacted by his history? There doesn't seem to be a clear relation between the two.
While I'm not a fan of using main evolutions from the anime, I don't find that a big problem for this RP. However, there may be an issue with using Veemon in particular, since that type of Digimon plays a part in the history of another player's character. I don't think this is necessarily bad (could add to interaction and development), but others may think differently.
FranGP, do you have any objection? Anyone else want to weigh in?

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have no objection at all. I agree with you: we could use this for character development.