Digimon Tamers DVD Boxset Confirmed, w/ Coverart

Kiwizoom

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The interesting thing is, bypassing the logo Tamers used in the USA for it's initial release... this logo appears to be an adaption of the Japanese Tamers logo with a few interesting things.

They normalized the D in the 'Digimon Tamers' text, instead of using the stylized D.

The 'Digimon' text itself, while styled to pseudo-match the Japanese text in the Tamers logo, comes across more as a mix of the Data Squad logo trying to emulate the classic English Digimon font.

It's kind of neat, but comes across as a bit messy because of Digimon being there twice.

I think what would have worked better... use the English Season 3 logo, but replace 'Digital Monsters' with Tamers. Of course... that logo may not have been available for whatever reason.

Still, kind of neat to see a new design that had some effort in it, even if it's a bit odd.
I'm coming in late, but every major release(of any product repackage/latepackage I suppose) could use a friendly but critiqued review like this before it goes out.

If I could be a but crueler, I think the box art is kind of sloppy/little effort

It might be because it's released so late, it's almost like those bargain bin DVD case covers since it's well past its initial airing date (but not quite there yet) so there's no need for paying for a hype cover art

I woulda still gave it its original US branding, simply for brand recognition; could mix up the character feature arrangement so it looks less like stale disconnected art

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I woulda still gave it its original US branding, simply for brand recognition; could mix up the character feature arrangement so it looks less like stale disconnected art
Never doubt the ability of things to go missing.

Tamers used a different logo. Things go missing...or ownership of elements can get confused.

I'm not saying this happened here, but it costs more to make a new logo than to just slap what already exists onto a box.

Kiwizoom

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Never doubt the ability of things to go missing.

Tamers used a different logo. Things go missing...or ownership of elements can get confused.

I'm not saying this happened here, but it costs more to make a new logo than to just slap what already exists onto a box.
Urp, by original branding I did mean the Tamers branding - lol, I didn't mean to sound super purist

I would think, the one thing they should not have spent money on changing would be that specific logo; the rest could have used a nifty commissioned cover if they had the money to allocate it. But if not, maybe just a more creative arranging.

I understand though, that graphics will go missing or change hands

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is mostly about New Video rather than specifically their Tamers release, but have they confirmed yet that they will be releasing Frontier on DVD as well?

If yes, is there a link to a source confirming such that I can cite to show elsewhere?

Last edited:

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i just pre-ordered my copy on amazon for $35.99 (+ free shipping) instead of my usual place, Best Buy. so anyone who has yet to order Tamers, i suggest Amazon :D i can't wait to get it! i'm gonna marathon the entire thing (or at least try to anyways ^^;)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i just pre-ordered my copy on amazon for $35.99 (+ free shipping) instead of my usual place, Best Buy. so anyone who has yet to order Tamers, i suggest Amazon :D i can't wait to get it! i'm gonna marathon the entire thing (or at least try to anyways ^^;)
Preferably using the affiliate link in the first post, as that helps fund the site.

Storm Eagle

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The company where I ordered this from shipped it out to me early, so therefore I got it early. Today as a matter of fact. Here are some notes on what I know about the set so far.

-ALL episodes have their recaps and opening sequences.

-Disc 1 has Takato & Guilmon, disc 2 has Henry and Terriermon, disc 3 has Rika and Renamon, disc 4 has Jeri and Leomon, disc 5 has Ryo and Cyberdramon, disc 6 has Kazu and Gardromon, disc 7 has Kenta and MarineAngemon, and disc 8 has Suzi and Lopmon.

The booklet that comes with the set shows pictures of Cyberdramon’s in-training form (Hopmon) and rookie form (Monodramon). It also shows Gardromon’s in-training form (Kapurimon), Impmon’s in-training form (Yaamon) and even has a small profile on Ai and Mako.

-When the main menus on the discs form, the style of the Digimon theme song is that of the first two seasons.

-“Guilmon Comes Alive” has the opening sequence appear first.

-“It Came from the Other Side” is incorrectly listed in disc 1’s main menu as “It Came from the Otherside”.

-The episodes “Snakes, Trains and Digimon”, “Back to Nature, Back to Battle”, and “Duel with the Deva” have their own episode titles, recaps, and opening sequence. The latter two had neither in the initial airings.
-Jeri’s name is misspelled in disc 3’s main menu in the episode title “Jeri’s Quest” as “Jere”.

-Shibumi’s name is misspelled in disc 5’s main menu in the episode title “Shibumi Speaks” as “Shimbu”.

-On disc 7’s main menu, “D-Reaper” is listed in the episode “The D-Reaper’s Disguise” as “D’Reaper”.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did this episode originally air with something before the opening sequence?

I wouldn't know since I sadly missed the original airing in the "Get Real" Digithon.:(

-The episodes “Snakes, Trains and Digimon”, “Back to Nature, Back to Battle”, and “Duel with the Deva” have their own episode titles, recaps, and opening sequence. The latter two had neither in the initial airings.
Yay! "The Saga of the Devas" in its non-compiled form. :)

As far as the set itself goes, a few nits and minor flaws aside, this sounds like a much improved set than its predecessors. :D

Takatofan1986

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did this episode originally air with something before the opening sequence? I wouldn't know since I sadly missed the original airing in the "Get Real" Digithon.:(
Yeah it did, I was very curious about this too. The first time it aired only, It showed Calumon in the digital plane or wherever with the two digimon fighting, then it destroyed the other, Calumon said Game Over, and then started for the portal, then the theme, then it returned to show Calumon coming out of the portal. It's interesting though that they have it like this but they have themes and openings for 16 and 17, though I'm glad they do.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I do recall that in reruns of episode one, the opening played first and then Calumon running through the digital plane played after.

Storm Eagle

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It might be just my copy, but the episode "Goliath" skips a little near the end where Leomon is saying something. That episode is the first on the fifth disc by the way. I still have to look at the 8th and last disc to see what's up with it.

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So the Saga of the Devas episodes arent combined like they were on the VHS? I kinda liked that it was made into a movie format. Oh well.

And where did you get your copy that you got it today? Im still waiting for amazon to send me an email telling me they shipped.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some sets from Amazon have been delayed by a few days because they apparently sold out before pre-orders were done being shipped. People still waiting should get them within the next few days.

Storm Eagle

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So the Saga of the Devas episodes aren't combined like they were on the VHS? I kinda liked that it was made into a movie format. Oh well.

And where did you get your copy that you got it today? I'm still waiting for Amazon to send me an email telling me they shipped.
I got mine from DVD Planet. I placed a pre-order the week before the one of Memorial Day, and then Memorial Day comes and I get an e-mail on that day saying they've shipped it out. So I knew I'd be getting it early. I got it last week on the 6th.

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess that's good for future digimon merch then. Im expecting Tamers to outsell Adventure actually. Did the Adventure sets go through the same sell out during preorder?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess that's good for future digimon merch then. Im expecting Tamers to outsell Adventure actually. Did the Adventure sets go through the same sell out during preorder?
Tamers has never been the most marketable season. Product sales in both countries were down, as were ratings.

I'd expect season 1 will be the top seller.

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I should be getting my copy on monday or tuesday. Anyways, on amazon it lists Tamers as #4 in anime and #24 for family and kids dvds. (These ranks are according to amazon sales only i take it)

But either way it seems to be selling well (adventure was #1). I wonder if this means that we might get the movies released in the future or even X-Evo dubbed finally?