Digimon Tamers DVD Boxset Confirmed, w/ Coverart

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
or example Sora's disk menu had Izzy, Izzy's disk menu had Mimi, Mimi's disk menu had Sora, T.K.'s disk menu had Joe, Joe's disk menu had T.K., and I haven't started Kari's disk although I hear the menu has Tai. Tai & Matt's disk menu corresponded with the disk art correctly though. I know this isn't anything major but it was weird.
Clearly it's official confirmation that 20 years later Izzy, Mimi, and Sora are engaged in bigamy, T.K. and Joe got married, and....um....Tai and Kari are related as brother and sister.

That one got away from me.

Slugslinger

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dear New Video:

TAKE MY MONEY

ALL OF IT.

Signed, Slugslinger

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yikes, between all of these sets and the new games coming out I'm going to be broke by the end of this year if not this summer.

Anyway, I love the artwork for the new boxset, it's a good step up from the previous ones. Hopefully the next two sets will be just as good in that regard.

Last edited:

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
oh do i want this so bad. it's about time Tamers gets a DVD release... now what to do with the official VHS now?

HarleyThomas

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bad time to not have money. Then again, I haven't even order 02.

Sonic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd actually like Blu-ray versions too come to think about it. They could probably fit all episodes onto... I'll guess 3 or 4 discs. If 3, then they could fit a whole season into one Blu-ray case.

They could actually fit up to at least 6 discs in a standard-sized Blu-ray case. The Star Trek: The Next Generation season sets being released on Blu-ray are like this.

It just sucks that the case won't stay shut on it's own unless the booklet is removed, but oh well, I just leave the sleeve on.

With the practice of the slipcovers being omitted in subsequent pressings, it certainly sucks for those who won't have that option. Maybe the complete season sets are limited issues, with the two/three disc sets being the norm.

HarleyThomas

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No slipcovers? That and the other things it's between are the only things keeping the Adventure boxset closed.

Sonic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm sure there will be slipcovers with each release, but on most releases the slipcovers (if included) or any other special extras, are discontinued after the initial release. I guess we'll know for certain if people start getting the first set without a slipcover.

Edit: For Canadian buyers, the Tamers set has been added to Amazon.ca with a pre-order price of $69.99. With free shipping, it comes to nearly $20 less than importing from Amazon.com.

Last edited:

Zeether

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No slipcovers? That and the other things it's between are the only things keeping the Adventure boxset closed.
If it's popping open that's because you left the booklet in there. Take it out and it should close properly.

Jessicat

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm sure there will be slipcovers with each release, but on most releases the slipcovers (if included) or any other special extras, are discontinued after the initial release. I guess we'll know for certain if people start getting the first set without a slipcover.

Edit: For Canadian buyers, the Tamers set has been added to Amazon.ca with a pre-order price of $69.99. With free shipping, it comes to nearly $20 less than importing from Amazon.com.

so wait, i'm confused. will there be no slip cover for the Tamers complete set? i just got my Adventure set today from Best Buy that had one and the Zero Two sets there also have the covers. is this a Tamers only thing or are you talking about later versions of Adventure and Zero Two not having them?

Last edited:

Sonic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

so wait, i'm confused. will there be no slip cover for the Tamers complete set? i just got my Adventure set today from Best Buy that had one and the Zero Two sets there also have the covers. is this a Tamers only thing or are you talking about later versions of Adventure and Zero Two not having them?

I'm not saying any of the sets WON'T have slipcovers, all I said was the standard practice with DVD releases which include special items, slipcovers or the lenticular card from the 20th Anniversary release of Transformers: The Movie, tend not to be included in future production runs. So, yes, the second set has a slipcover and I have no doubt that Tamers will have a slipcover and Frontier, when it is released, will have a slipcover.

What I am talking about is if you go into the DVD/Blu-ray section of a store, you will see many titles which don't have a slipcover and many (most, if not all of them) originally came with a slipcover wen they were released. The Blu-ray season sets for the original Star Trek were originally released with slipcovers but now, several years after the fact, they no longer come with slipcovers. The content is exactly the same, they just don't have that extra piece of cardboard. So I have no doubt that subsequent Digimon sets will include a slipcover but I wouldn't count on future production runs of the existing sets having them.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just cancelled my Amazon order (with Prime it was $77 shipped..) On Rightstuf it's $66.00 with Eco Shipping (http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/fkNXPm9ERPv3AB5Xuf/browse/item/97725/4/153/0). Can't wait!

You've actually made a mistake.

On Amazon, you get the lower price in-between the day you order, and the say it ships. It does not always change what is shown on the invoice until it ships.

The price right now at Amazon is under 60 dollars.

Amazon Link for the Digimon Tamers DVD set for those who want it.

Generically, Amazon's price will no doubt look higher if you check at random occurrences, but 9 times out of 10, it will be cheaper to stick with Amazon.

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
um, why does amazon list the language as japanese?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
um, why does amazon list the language as japanese?

Odd listing oddities often happen. Any number of reasons honestly.

I'd ignore it.

Sonic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Generically, Amazon's price will no doubt look higher if you check at random occurrences, but 9 times out of 10, it will be cheaper to stick with Amazon.

Not only that, but if the Adventure 02 set is any indication, it might even be cheaper to wait until a few days after release to order it. I swear that set dropped like $20 a few days after it shipped. It's annoying when Amazon does that, though.