Digimon Survive Western Release Confirmed

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice to get news quickly!

Bandai-Namco Entertainment America put up an English trailer confirming a US release for Digimon Survive in 2019.

The US release will be on Switch, Playstation 4, Xbox One, and Steam.

The English description for the game is as follows:
Celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the Digimon Anime, Digimon Survive presents a brand-new adventure set in a mysterious world with characters designed by Uichi Ukumo, and music by the much-acclaimed Tomoki Miyoshi.

Digimon Survive sees a brand-new group of teenagers, led by Takuma Momozuka, get lost on a school camping trip, finding them transported to a strange new world of monsters and danger.

As they fight their way back home through an animated world of difficult decisions and deadly battles, players’ choices throughout the game will impact the evolution of their monster allies, and the final ending. Battles in the game are fought in 2D, in a more classic SRPG style.

Further information about the game will be revealed soon.

Bandai-Namco Entertainment Europe also put up a trailer
confirming the same for Europe.

The trailer also gives us our first look at the English logo for survive.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

More details to come soon hopefully!

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now I don't have to see people on the Switch/Xbox reddits saying "I hope it comes to the west", woohoo!

I'm hoping for a full worldwide release at the same time.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I don't expect the greatest translation, at least by having a canon gender and name for our protagonist we avoid the janky dancing around pronouns and such.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh no they have a typo already (Rest assure vs rest assured) lol.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh no they have a typo already (Rest assure vs rest assured) lol.

I'm sure they've been told 9000 times by now and have already fixed it.

Anyway, I'm expecting the Xbox and maybe even the PC version to be digital only.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, they've got plenty of time to work on it, although I do wonder how much is completed at this point.

Anyway, great to get confirmation of a western release, and I'm stoked to have this on my Switch.

WiiU0706

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope they change Evolve to Digivolve for continuity sake

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Never had a doubt, but nice to see regardless. Hopefully it'll be early​ 2019.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope they change Evolve to Digivolve for continuity sake
They almost certainly will.

The only times I can think of where they didn't in a video game was when it graphical things like in the background of the Digivolution sequences of Next Order you could see "Evolve" written if you looked carefully enough.

safron13

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well! That certainly got announced quickly. Wonder if they'll have English VAs, or if they'll go the Cyber Sleuth route and just have it all subbed.

The decision to also launch on Steam strikes me as unusual. I think this is the first Digimon game on Steam? (Aside from the Digimon MMO but that does not count​ in my opinion.)

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With 100 Digimon in the game, I wonder if they going to have updates often to add more Digimon? 100 is not really a lot, consider there is over 1000 Digimon out there.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With 100 Digimon in the game, I wonder if they going to have updates often to add more Digimon? 100 is not really a lot, consider there is over 1000 Digimon out there.

I figure they might have 2/3 DLC Digimon lines ,so maybe 8/12 DLC mons (three Rookies, that can go to Mega etc)

hackmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it will be a pc so people will have modes for more digimon

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Mods don't count.

Mods are why I don't like PC gaming tbh. I'd rather play, and rather people play, the game they where given

Treble-Clef

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I need this game hahaha.

I bet that in the same vein as Fire Emblem your Digimon will be defined for you as units, and they have said that the digivolution will be inspired by Adventure, so there are probably only one or two defined evolution lines for the digimon. So 100 makes sense to me, maybe with more to be added through Digimon campaigns.

Mods don't count.

Mods are why I don't like PC gaming tbh. I'd rather play, and rather people play, the game they where given

Some games are made with mods in mind. Like The Sims or even the PC port of Final Fantasy XV.

Dharakjoo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hopefully it has either E10+ or Teen Rated.

hackmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
some game have lot of glitches and the company do not care like bethesda game they what the people to mods the game to fixed it for them

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes! Nintendo Switch AND PC release! There's two platforms I'll be able to play it on now. Let's just hope that it's not too graphics intensive, or at least has a 'low' graphics setting, so that I can play it without much lag on my non-gaming laptop.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh wow I didn't even think about mods. If the community is big enough I'll have to buy it there too even though I haven't played a pc game in years. 2D art is even easier to make than models so creative people could really go crazy with even simple character swaps. I want to see a mod where everything is replaced with virtual pet dot art.

Last edited: