MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A Survive Update!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The official website for the upcoming game Digimon Survive is open!

At the moment there isn't much on the website, but there is still a handful of things of interest.

First up, is a nice clean version of the key art of Takuma and Agumon with the game logo.

In fact, they've put up multiple versions of it, each with different lightning.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

In addition to that, we get two screenshots.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The first is the same conversation choice we saw in V-Jump, while the second is a new image of the games battle field.

Last up, a bit of info.

Character Designer is illustrator Uiti Ukumo.
The composer will be Tomoki Miyoshi, probably best known as the composer for I Am Setsuna.

More Survive to come soon no doubt!

Update- A nice big clean version of the logo.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Previous Digimon Survive info can be found here.

CeciliaCrescent

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting to see the original Falcomon design there. I hope this means we'll be seeing a very good variety of Digimon in this game and not just the ones found in Cybersleuth/Linkz already.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love how the game looks but I think my fears are true now that I see a clean screenshot. This is going to be much too srpg for my tastes.

Togetak

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the presence of Labramon and OG Falcomon in this screenshot too implies very, very heavily that they're ally Digimon which I think is really interesting.

I'm still sticking to the theory I had before that your allies will be other chosen-children equivalents and their partners rather than Wild Digimon in an anode/cathode sort of deal, because I can't really see a system where the only in-battle consequences for your choices are the evolution path for your own single Digimon (as opposed to your entire party of Digimon).

A lot of speculation, but this game has really captured me

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, they weren't kidding when they said this was going to be different. I'm excited; I don't usually play SRPGs (if that's what it ends up being) but I'm not opposed.

Anybody know how long it usually takes for a localization announcement? (kidding, and I know we'll get way more info from the livestream next week)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added info on the character designer and composer.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Meramon's model look a bit weird. Look like Falcomon and Labramon might be part of the starter pack along with Agumon but seeing so many enemies, I don't know if it's starter pack or random allies join. But I finally have a new reason to buy this game for Labramon and Falcomon (That Diatrymon!!).
Can't see to see more news about the allies in the future

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, they weren't kidding when they said this was going to be different. I'm excited; I don't usually play SRPGs (if that's what it ends up being) but I'm not opposed.

Anybody know how long it usually takes for a localization announcement? (kidding, and I know we'll get way more info from the livestream next week)

IIRC, the EU version of Hacker's Memory only took a few days to announce it was coming. Heck, here's the announcement from Bandai EU. It was announced for Japan in the March V-Jump and here's the EU announcement on the 21st March 2017. EU outright posted about it right away (I think it might even have been the day after? I'm not 100% on the dates but it was the same month as the Japanese was announced). If they do this exact same thing, we might have, an EU at least, announcement before the end of July

here's the EU (but it seems they deleted it)

https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/news/2...gimon-story-cyber-sleuth-hacker-s-memory/6064

the wayback machine doens't have anything cached.

I did find a differnet site posting it as well though

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/2...th-hackers-memory-headed-westward-early-2018/

So yeah, we found out three days later (HM Japan announced the 18th)

https://gematsu.com/2017/03/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-hackers-memory-announced-ps4-ps-vita

I don't think it should count as announced until V-Jump is officially released (or is it now?) and then maybe three days later we'll get a EU post lol

So the TLDR: Hacker's Memory: March 18th Japan, March 21st EU.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm loving the look of this game so much. I hope we see more on Digimon Thanksgiving.

I did a quick search for the character designer and found their Tumblr if anyone's interested: https://uiti-ukumo.tumblr.com/ i'm not sure what else they worked on though.

Has anyone here played I Am Setsuna? Was the soundtrack any good?

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm loving the look of this game so much. I hope we see more on Digimon Thanksgiving.

I did a quick search for the character designer and found their Tumblr if anyone's interested: https://uiti-ukumo.tumblr.com/ i'm not sure what else they worked on though.

Has anyone here played I Am Setsuna? Was the soundtrack any good?

I haven't played it but it's actually a pretty popular JRPG, sold well and got a sequel

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wonder if they are going to add all the Digimon from the story games. They already have the models of them, and it be easier to just place them in the game.

Also, because they have the original Flacomon, I wonder if they will be the original Kudamon and some recolors too. I do like to have both Kudamon in the game, the 2005 version and the 2006 version. Also want to see about Tsukaimon.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What I wanna know is which are 'our' Digimon. I would figure it's Agumon, Labramon and Falcomon brown but if that's the case, that battle seems unwinnable. Maybe it's a battle of three sides? because that's a lot of wild Digimon and I dont think you'd win with three rookies. I suppose it is true that it was stated there would be in battle digivolution, so I guess they could turn into MetalGreymon, ...Cerberusmon(?) and uh... I don't think they'd use Crowmon for the original Falcomon. anyway, I guess three Ultimates would make up for it but still, a 3v6 battle doesnt seem fair etc

I think that other guy might be on to something though, BrownFalcomon and Labramon are likely our tamer friends Digimon

Just hoping the known Falcomon is used as well although I really hate recolours. nothing we can do though, brown boii is already here.

I haven't played stategy so I suppose this 3v6, i that's what it is, is normal in that?

Togemon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm shook that the original Falcomon design is making an appearance. I always really liked it though, so I'm glad! I love that Labramon is in the game too and I hope this means we'll see some Digimon we have not seen in a while!

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm shook that the original Falcomon design is making an appearance. I always really liked it though, so I'm glad! I love that Labramon is in the game too and I hope this means we'll see some Digimon we have not seen in a while!
If they use any of Falcomon and Labramon's lines we'll have a great evolution line of obscurish new Digimon.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they use any of Falcomon and Labramon's lines we'll have a great evolution line of obscurish new Digimon.
What is Labramon's ultimate though. We know the adult is Seasarmon and the perfect is probably Caturamon, but what mega will they be using? None of them really make much sense, except of Baihumon, but if they add the Liollmon line, then that line is a direct line for Baihumon.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What is Labramon's ultimate though. We know the adult is Seasarmon and the perfect is probably Caturamon, but what mega will they be using? None of them really make much sense, except of Baihumon, but if they add the Liollmon line, then that line is a direct line for Baihumon.

It shouldn't matter, as Liollmon's line was intended for Bancho Leomon, not Baihumon. While LoaderLeomon evolved into Baihumon in Tri, Tri didn't use Liollmon but rather Bearmon as the Rookie stage.

As for Labramon, Anubimon is one of the few Vaccine canine-like Mega Digimon. Also, I cannot find a single source for Siesamon>Caturamon. It seems like Caturamon could be a fan's assumption rather than an officially-recognized evolution option for Siesamon.

Last edited:

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like Doggymon just cus of that one episode of Hunters with Locomon