Digimon Survive Delayed Until 2021

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Digimon Games Twitter, via a message from Producer Habu, announced Digimon Survive has been delayed until 2021.

The message also is worded to suggest further updates for the game won't be shared until Spring of 2021.

With it being October it seemed a near certainty the game wasn't coming out this year, and a tweet from Habu also suggested the same last week.

Digimon Survive can currently be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Switch
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Attachments

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sad news, but ultimately expected.

Here's hoping the delay was worth it and the game is good.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my Agumon... and my choices... even my tactical strategies... the excitement I've lost... the game I've lost... won't stop hurting... it's like the hype's all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past!

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We all expected it. Game development is hard, the current situation is difficult. I'll wait as long as it takes!

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The pandemic is obviously a pretty good reason why they aren't on track, but still... normally when there's radio silence after so long devs offer up a look into the progress the game is making, but now we have a whole six months until they're willing to share something? Seems like there's more going on than just a workforce issue.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We all expected this for quite some time. Hopefully the update in Spring is a release date shortly afterwards. I'm glad it just seems to be Corona Virus related rather than any problems with the game itself.

Zmr

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
2021 isn't that far off considering how fast this year's gone by so I'm happy to wait this much longer.

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As long as it's still coming out, I'm definitely okay waiting!

Omnimon Zwart

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey guys. I just came back from the future (year 2026). Don’t get your hopes up. Digimon Survive got delayed to 2027 so no news on release. Also covid-27 carrying murder hornets have taken over all the northern US and Canada.

Elentir

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Let's hope this is a case of the Miyamoto mantra: “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”

cool potato

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"We had originally planned on releasing Digimon Survive in 2020.."

Um, wasn't it originally planned to release in 2019?

Not that I mind waiting so long as it does get released. Spring of 2021 is just around the corner.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I expected this. I pretty much just suggest releasing anything in 2021. And even Fall/Winter 2021 too. ...Not sure when next year this could release but hey... Maybe I can play through the other two games on the Switch. Ha

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am okay with the delays as long as it doesn't get canceled altogether... I will still be grateful for the game whenever it comes, regardless of what I end up feeling about the content. It still seems so wild and amazing to me that they even decided to back/green-light a project like this in the first place. However, I find it harder and harder not to have slightly higher expectations every time the game gets pushed back...

Will it have their most carefully-put-together/wholesome system of affinities/weaknesses? Will it have meaningful area control/movement techniques and other in-battle objectives than merely "defeat all enemies"? Will each mon finally have techniques and abilities relevant to their form/anatomy/biology rather than generic techniques based on their type(s) and affinities now that we are getting a more focused roster?
Will there be any newly designed mons to fill in gaps in certain lines so that we end up with a good variety of lines for each of the mons and not just an attempt to do the best with what they already have? Will there be DLC with an Agumon replacement?

The answer to all of these is most probably "NOPE!" but, with all these delays, another wonderful exploration of what a Digimon game can offer in terms of story and aesthetic, with not much more "meat"/depth in terms of actual gameplay content than usual, will probably not leave people as happy as it would have in 2019/2020. I guess the good thing is that the game probably receives more attention than it would have if everything had gone smoothly?

Digitama

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's expected, the most important thing to me is that you get the game out great no matter how much time it takes.

Kami

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, I am sad that it got delayed yet again, but I am also really happy that it's not dead.

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Real Folk Blues begins to play.

How appropriate that this game project is called Digimon Survive, since it just keeps trying to build itself together despite outside sources attempting to break it down completely.