Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Physical Vita Copies in English from Asia

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you have a Playstation Vita or Playstation TV and were disappointed when you found out Cyber Sleuth wouldn't be getting a physical release, this news will cheer you up.

Image Thumbnail

Bandai Namco Asia will be releasing physical copies of the Vita version of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

Play Asia has put up pre-orders

It's currently listed at $49.99 for those who want to import.

These will be in English and be region free for Vita. It will work on your Playstation Vita or Playstation TV regardless of where you live, so import away.

No specific date yet, but they show as scheduled for February 2016, so roughly when the digital version and PS4 version of the game will be out.

The only thing I'm not sure of is how pre-order DLC would work (or if you'll even get the pre-order DLC. The Bandai-Namco Asia website and Twitter don't seem to have much on their release of Cyber Sleuth and their Youtube link takes you to their EU Youtube.)

Aster Selene

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking as someone with experience on the topic: buying this when not having your Vita or PS4 to the region will indeed lock you out of any DLC. So if you don't care about it, import away, but if you do keep in mind that you'll either have to miss out on it or have a dedicated memory card/backup to associate your Vita to the appropriate PSN.

Also, congrats to those in Asia - I'm hella jealous.

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good for the people that wanted a physical copy, I'm still going to go with digital to not have the extra cost of importing though.
Unless Bamco EU decides to make a last minute change and provides a physical Vita version here as well.

Aster Selene

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've preordered for both vita and ps4 even though I'll probably buy digital on the day.
It's probably dumb but I want the physical copies for my collection.
I preorder Atelier limited editions without caring anything about the bonuses as long as I can have the physical cartridge. There's no shame in it!

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking as someone with experience on the topic: buying this when not having your Vita or PS4 to the region will indeed lock you out of any DLC. So if you don't care about it, import away, but if you do keep in mind that you'll either have to miss out on it or have a dedicated memory card/backup to associate your Vita to the appropriate PSN.

Also, congrats to those in Asia - I'm hella jealous.
I would preorder the physical copy but I just don't want to bother figuring this out because I'm lazy, lol. I want the preorder stuff too bad.

Jessicat

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Any place other than play Asia taking preorders for this?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Any place other than play Asia taking preorders for this?
The places I normally look at regarding game imports don't seem to have it thus far.

I'd recommend emailing or contacting an import store, it's likely they can get it for you even if they aren't listing it.

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This might not be the best thread to ask (but the other CS thread is on page 2 and posting in it might be considered necro-posting)
But the game is out in a week and I have to ask something about that people who have used the PlayStation Network might know the answer to.
From wht i read Vita games on PSN are $/€39.99 but is that 39.99 exact or is it 40? I ask because I know that in some countries it would be 39.99 and in others 40 and I don't know which system the PSN uses.