Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth General Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titania

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So the OST is only available to those who bought a digital copy? Because i did buy a physical copy of the game and it came with the serial code to all the DLCs announced, except the soundtrack.
Go to Cyber Sleuth official website and enter the code and you will get the OST. The code, which is in your copie package includes the soundtrack.

CountessGardevoir

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Regarding the story, I'm super-curious about what happens to Yuuko, Kyoko, and Rie after the story, especially Kyoko

Last edited:

Titania

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Regarding the story, I'm super-curious about what happens to Yuuko, Kyoko, and Rie after the story, especially Kyoko
At the end of the Story,
we see our Protagonist sitting in Shinjuku. Jimmy KEN is running by, hunted by Kyouko (which has no memories) but she did not get him. She speaks to our Protagonist while seeing the coffee of him. She is asking if he is searching a job because she is looking for an asistent for her detective office. well, for me this was a prefect ending!

If I understood it right, Nokia said even Rie came back somehow.
Yuuko is helping Yuugo for rehabilitation.

Saiga

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nokia and Rina's personality seemed a bit too nonsensical for me at times, and several of the real world outfits (digital avatars can be excused, but real-world...) seemed "bunny ears lawyer" at best, but watching the game, it seems like a very solid and beautiful JRPG. The story might not be the least cliche thing ever, but the emotions and music hit the right notes.

So, not like, GOTY or anything, but definitely a respectable game. Dearly hope they release it in the West.
What's nonsensical about their personalities? I've only seen the first three chapters so far.

CountessGardevoir

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At the end of the Story,
we see our Protagonist sitting in Shinjuku. Jimmy KEN is running by, hunted by Kyouko (which has no memories) but she did not get him. She speaks to our Protagonist while seeing the coffee of him. She is asking if he is searching a job because she is looking for an asistent for her detective office. well, for me this was a prefect ending!

If I understood it right, Nokia said even Rie came back somehow.
Yuuko is helping Yuugo for rehabilitation.
She comes back? Thank Yggdrasil! I was paranoid she would make like Cornelius from Fire Emblem

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nokia and Rina's personality seemed a bit too nonsensical for me at times, and several of the real world outfits (digital avatars can be excused, but real-world...) seemed "bunny ears lawyer" at best, but watching the game, it seems like a very solid and beautiful JRPG. The story might not be the least cliche thing ever, but the emotions and music hit the right notes.

So, not like, GOTY or anything, but definitely a respectable game. Dearly hope they release it in the West.
What's nonsensical about their personalities? I've only seen the first three chapters so far.
Well, for starters, the way they act and talk it feels like they're not taking anything seriously. Rina
jumps in playacting like superman and dropkicks Barbamon in the face, at the "The World is Ending" part of the story
. They feel like "Kawaii!" characters from an idol group or something, which I suppose is to be expected for the genre, but it just comes off as a little too saccharine for me.

Touya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I missed the bus this morning, so...I had time to put chapter 4 together: http://infinitymountain.blogspot.com/2015/04/lets-play-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth.html

This chapter comes with another digi-code mystery: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SIHawid9mik/VR2Vtaeul4I/AAAAAAAANkM/7uhOQRT2Sy4/s1600/2015-03-28-142902.jpg

I'm wondering if I should be spoiler tagging the English text of what was originally digi-code in the playthrough. The
fragment of memory
line seems to reveal a bit more about the scenario than the devs intend the reader to know at that point.

As far as Nokia goes, it's probably too early for me to tell, but so far she's my favorite character in the game. The writing seems to steer towards her being more concerned with Digimon than with human beings, which is an interesting direction for what would normally be a mindless Digimon-are-friends arc. And every scene between her and Agumon + Gabumon is really funny.

Last edited:

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really happy you're keeping this up, your blog is pretty much my main place for information about the story, I might get some out of context story spoilers from somewhere else but without knowing how it fits together it's not really enough to get a real opinion about it, same with untranslated playthroughs.

But damn I'd really like to have more faith in that one subtitled playthrough on youtube, I love this kind of direct exhaustive approach but if the pace that guy's putting up the videos doesn't change it won't be finfished until next year or longer...

I don't think the kana version for the Digimoji needs to be spoilered right? From the chart on Wikimon is should be "ボクヲハヤクミツケテ"

Last edited:

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I subscribe to what Theigno said. Your efforts are really commendable.
Even though I was already at the beginning of chapter 2 before reading your let's play, doing it really did help clearing things up.

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For anyone stuck on farm quests, here are the first three:

1-お尋ね者ハッカーを探せ (The Search for the Wanted Hacker)
お尋ね者ハッカー (Wanted hacker)
モンスターキングを (Monster King)
クーロンLv.2で発見! (Seen in Coulomb Lv.2!)

2- インプモンの落し物 (Impmon’s Lost Belongings)
クーロンLv.2で落とした (I dropped something important in Coulomb Lv.2)
大切なものを探してほしい!(I want you to look for it!)

3- あ尋ね者ハッカーを探せ (The Search for the Wanted Hacker)
お尋ね者ハッカー (Wanted hacker)
次郎を (Jiro)
クーロンLv.2で発見! (Seen in Coulomb Lv.2!)

Saiga

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also appreciate the guide. The only things I'm following on Cyber Sleuth are this and RyuujiTK's english subbed play through on youtube, because I want to watch and understand the hame and Touya's guide is so informative.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Everyone likes the plot. Huh.

I will wait for the translations of Digi-Farm Island's messages while roaming. Because I wonder why they send me messages sometimes it tend to have different options.

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have translated some of those as well:

クイズだよ!おでここ「M」と書いてあるデジモンはなーんだ?(Which of the following Digimon names does not start with "M"?)
Answer: ワニャモン (Wanyamon)

クイズだよ!ずっと伸ばしても決して交わらない2つの直線の関係はなんていうか分かるー?(What do you call two lines in a plane that do not intersect or touch at any point?)
Answer: 平行 (Parallel)

クイズだよ!君がデジモンに出会った場所「クーロン」のある、電脳世界の名前はなんだ?(The place where you first met Digimon is called Coulomb, but what is the name of the cyber space?)
Answer: EDEN

クイズだよ!礼節を重んじる巨鳥型デジモン「アクィラモン」は別名でなんて呼ばれているかな?(What is Giant Bird-type Digimon Aquilamon's alias?)
Answer: 砂漠の巨鷲 (Great Eagle of the Desert)

クーロンでノキアに声を掛けてきた デジモンはアグモンとなんだったでしょう?(Besides Agumon, what Digimon listened to Nokia's voice in Coulomb?)
Answer: ガブモン (Gabumon)

There's another one I did not write down but it asked what Digimon has the "悪魔のなげキッス" (Akuma no nage kiss) attack.
Answer: ベーダモン (Vademon)

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Riddles? Huh

So they are repeating, right? Or what if I made wrong choices? Hmm

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No, I don't think they repeat, those were just the ones I translated.
I don't know what happens if you choose the wrong answer, I'm trying to answer all correctly because there may be some achievement for that.
Up to now, answering correctly has not granted me any prize.

Didn't Digimon Story have this DigiFarm riddle thing as well?

By the way, does degenerating a Digimon increase his level cap?

EDIT: Ok, it took literally five minutes after replying to receive a repeated question from the DigiFarm. So yeah, they repeat.

Last edited:

Jessicat

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I think I need to download the Shonen Jump+ app in order to use my code for the digital version of the guidebook. The problem is I can't download it D: I keep getting errors when Ii try to download it off of the play store [which is weird because the same method worked for downloading crusader]. Any help/tips on getting it to work? I know this isn't quite game related, sorry ^^;

As for the quiz, I've gotten a bunch of different questions than those, but can confirm that they can repeat too. Not sure if it's worth leveling in this quest dungeon for Hagurumon in chapter 4, when's the next time a place like this will appear? And does what chapter you're on effect the items you can get from the digifarm? Because I've done it a bunch of times and haven't found any of those elusive USB items [I'm aware each option you choose has a different set of items you can find, I just don't know if some are blocked before a certain point too or not].

Status
Not open for further replies.