Status
Not open for further replies.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Virus (ワィルス)> Data (データ) > Vaccine (ワクチン) > Virus
With the element of Free (フィリー) not being strong nor weak to any of these. (All of the Baby Digimon I've seen are Free.)

If I'm reading it right, the computer triangle above causes 2x damage to be dealt to the weaker element.
Double damage, that's a lot... And combined with elemental weakness the maximum multiplier is 3 times, right?
Also "free"... ugh. They just can't seem to decide what to do with that attribute or Baby level digimon, sometimes they will have normal attributes, sometimes none at all and now they have "free" (in masters they all have unknown but I'll just ignore that as I tend to do). while it is interesting to see "free" outside the context of 02 Digimon and armor it's just that if it really just has the effect of not being advantageous or disadvantageous against any other attribute we end up (in the general context of digimon) with three attribute types, "none", "variable" and "free" that all have the same function of rendering a Digimon neutral to all other Attributes and it just seems a bit... unneeded I guess.

This one below causes the weaker element to take 1.5x damage:
Fire (火) > Plant (草木) > Water (水) > Fire
Earth (地面) > Electricity (電気) > Wind (風) > Earth
So they got so many elements now that they needed to do two rock/paper/scissors systems for them?

Light (光) and Dark (闇) both take and deal 1.5x damage to one another but are neutral to everything else, while Nullity (無) is neutral to everything like Free above.
So the Light/Darkness mechanic is exactly like it was in crusader, that's interesting. What are the Digimon that have Nullity? If I had to guess I would say that to me that sounds like a kind of non-element something like the eaters could have...

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Eaters that I've seen do have the Null element. It's what I've previously referred to as Neutral, and really means just a lack of element (or possibly an indication of two conflicting elements, since Mastemon and Lucemon Fall-Down Mode also have it). As for having too many elements, at least they didn't go with all 10 of them from Frontier.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also "free"... ugh. They just can't seem to decide what to do with that attribute or Baby level digimon, sometimes they will have normal attributes, sometimes none at all and now they have "free" (in masters they all have unknown but I'll just ignore that as I tend to do). while it is interesting to see "free" outside the context of 02 Digimon and armor it's just that if it really just has the effect of not being advantageous or disadvantageous against any other attribute we end up (in the general context of digimon) with three attribute types, "none", "variable" and "free" that all have the same function of rendering a Digimon neutral to all other Attributes and it just seems a bit... unneeded I guess.
Free: Digimon has an attribute which has no weaknesses or strengths against other attributes. (basically, the Digimon is perfectly balanced, and so reasonable to use for every situation but not a master of any.)
Variable: Digimon has an attribute which can modify its weaknesses or strengths as desired (basically, the best).
None: Digimon is not part of the attribute system. (basically, equivalent to Free unless they introduce some kind of attack vector that targets attributes, in which case this one would mean an immunity. Mostly used to indicate it's probably not actually a "true" Digimon, or is otherwise incomplete, like a Baby or a Xros Digimon.)
Unknown: It is impossible to determine whether the Digimon is part of the attribute system. (This is for mainly a pedantic distinction similar to "it is impossible to determine whether there is a teapot in lunar orbit. For all practical purposes, it means "this Digimon is mysterious wooo wooo scary!)

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Free: Digimon has an attribute which has no weaknesses or strengths against other attributes. (basically, the Digimon is perfectly balanced, and so reasonable to use for every situation but not a master of any.)
Variable: Digimon has an attribute which can modify its weaknesses or strengths as desired (basically, the best).
None: Digimon is not part of the attribute system. (basically, equivalent to Free unless they introduce some kind of attack vector that targets attributes, in which case this one would mean an immunity. Mostly used to indicate it's probably not actually a "true" Digimon, or is otherwise incomplete, like a Baby or a Xros Digimon.)
Unknown: It is impossible to determine whether the Digimon is part of the attribute system. (This is for mainly a pedantic distinction similar to "it is impossible to determine whether there is a teapot in lunar orbit. For all practical purposes, it means "this Digimon is mysterious wooo wooo scary!)
The thing is... I've never seen it actually work like that before. "free" is neutral so much is clear but "Variable" isn't actually "the best" since it will only tie with all other elements but never actually get an advantage. Unknown would be the best because it actually dominates every other Attribute. I don't see any functional difference between Variable function of "evening the playing field" between itself and all other attributes and the inherently balanced nature of "free", if it was in fact the best it should be acting like unknown by always taking on the attribute that actually has an advantage against the enemy not just being the same because that's not an advantage against anything. In fact the only difference I could imagine would be something that would make variable worse, namely that if it's literally the case that Variable actually becomes whatever Attribute it's currently fighting against it would be possible in the card game (I'm not sure if the card game's mechanics really account for that however) to face a variable Digimon with a Virus Digimon and then having eithera digimmon special ability or an option card that effects enemy virus Digimon which should in theory affect the enemies variable Digimon since it that context it should count as a virus itself. This would make Variable the worst not the best of all non-typical attributes since none or free are just neutral while Variable should also copy the enemy Attribute's weaknesses in addition to effects targeted specificially against variable. That would pretty much make the hierarchy of special attributes Unknown > None > Free > Variable, but in the case the effect I brought up doesn't apply Variable might as well just equal "free". (also the XW Digimon are classified as "unknown" in the cards rather than "none") But my main point is still that we have too many distinctions that make too little difference, the minimal difference that theroetically exist don't tend to come up in meaningful ways and when it comes to baby Digimon it just seems like they are just flipping coins by now.

KageX

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It should also be mentioned that in the Card games Unknown is "Dominant" over the other Attributes, notably the only thing this would not effect Variable as it can change to match an opponents temporarily.

As I mentioned in the Non Digimon Digital Lifeforms thread before Yggdrasil 7D6 came along people suspected it represented "Bugs and Glitches" as Apocalymon and the Keramon line were the most prominent members for some time.

The reason why when they retconed some of the Xros Wars Digimon they gave this Attribute to some like Shoutmon and Gumdramon is currently believed to be an effort to show how "super special awesome!" they are.

But really Unknown's "Dominance" has only appeared in the Card Game and to the best of my knowledge never come up in the videogames.

Last edited:

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As I mentioned in the Non Digimon Digital Lifeforms thread before Yggdrasil 7D6 came along people suspected it represented "Bugs and Glitches" as Apocalymon and the Keramon line were the most prominent members for some time.
Yggdrasil isn't really denying any suspicions as only because this type of attribute can occur naturally in the single case of 7D6 (even though one could argue that it's not actually that natural in the first place) it does not mean that the preceding Unknown types were not the result of bugs as this would confuse result and cause. So it's still possible but I guess this would be an argument for that other topic.

But really Unknown's "Dominance" has only appeared in the Card Game a and to the best of my knowledge never come up in the videogames.
It does come up in Digimon Masters, it's what makes Apocalymon such an incredible beast to use since it's a double burst mode with jogress level strength and Unknown type. However normally it's possible to collect attribute XP with your Digimon to build up your advantage, this is not possbile with unknown types, which balances them out somewhat.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The thing is... I've never seen it actually work like that before. "free" is neutral so much is clear but "Variable" isn't actually "the best" since it will only tie with all other elements but never actually get an advantage. Unknown would be the best because it actually dominates every other Attribute. I don't see any functional difference between Variable function of "evening the playing field" between itself and all other attributes and the inherently balanced nature of "free", if it was in fact the best it should be acting like unknown by always taking on the attribute that actually has an advantage against the enemy not just being the same because that's not an advantage against anything. In fact the only difference I could imagine would be something that would make variable worse, namely that if it's literally the case that Variable actually becomes whatever Attribute it's currently fighting against it would be possible in the card game (I'm not sure if the card game's mechanics really account for that however) to face a variable Digimon with a Virus Digimon and then having eithera digimmon special ability or an option card that effects enemy virus Digimon which should in theory affect the enemies variable Digimon since it that context it should count as a virus itself. This would make Variable the worst not the best of all non-typical attributes since none or free are just neutral while Variable should also copy the enemy Attribute's weaknesses in addition to effects targeted specificially against variable. That would pretty much make the hierarchy of special attributes Unknown > None > Free > Variable, but in the case the effect I brought up doesn't apply Variable might as well just equal "free". (also the XW Digimon are classified as "unknown" in the cards rather than "none") But my main point is still that we have too many distinctions that make too little difference, the minimal difference that theroetically exist don't tend to come up in meaningful ways and when it comes to baby Digimon it just seems like they are just flipping coins by now.
I didn't realize Variable always copied, instead of having the freedom to change. If so, then yeah, it's weaker 'cause you can have a Virus who's good against Viruses, but it's still different than Free.

Where does it say Unknown is dominant, by the way?

As for None, the Xros Digimon have it in Jintrix and the DRB.

Really, the whole point of the attributes is to have special effects within the Digital Monster Card Game, so it makes sense that there are various flavors of "Other" that interact differently with specific cards. For our purposes, it's mostly just theming anyway.

Touya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't realize Variable always copied, instead of having the freedom to change. If so, then yeah, it's weaker 'cause you can have a Virus who's good against Viruses, but it's still different than Free.
That's pretty much from the card game, if I remember correctly all Variable cards always have "same as opponent" in brackets behind "Variable"...

Where does it say Unknown is dominant, by the way?
Aside from masters... not sure, it's just what the wiki pages say about it, maybe it could be tested in some other games, like Chrysalimon should be Unknown, so once Touyia has enough data to convert it he might be able to test how it works in CS specificially (is unknown even mentioned in that e-manual?)

And part 2 is up with a translation of chapter 1: http://infinitymountain.blogspot.com/2015/03/lets-play-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth_20.html

I might go through and draw out branching evolution paths for the Digimon so we can see on a chart how the evolutions work.
Evo-lines are always nice... maybe we'll even get some surprises.

So, I can't read Digi-code, can anybody here tackle this one? It's from the prologue: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nk8lBVnT2...AAMnA/dTjjZBkuGgo/s1600/2015-03-17-222232.jpg
It says: "Kiokunodangun".

um... to me the second to last digimoji looks more like a "Pe"

than a "gu"

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Last edited:

KageX

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just saw this posted over on Spacebattles.

The Eater program was created by the scientist Akemi Suedo; based on Yuuko's younger brother, Yuugo. However, the Eater managed to enter the Digital World and infested the host/Mother computer,Yggdrasill; Transforming it into the Mother Eater. With Yggdrasill being corrupted, the Digital World became a hostile place for the Digimon Inhabitants.
>
>The Y-7D6 (the white robots we saw in Savers, for example) are actually avatars of the Original. That is to say, they are remote terminals that fulfill the will of Host/Mother Computer, and although they are connected with it, they are not Yggdrasills, they are only extensions of said original. Since the Original was infected, the Y-7D6s went berserk, and therefore causing havoc across parallel worlds (Digimon Chronicles, Digimon Savers, Digimon World: Redigitize/Decode, etc.).Kinda like referencing Brave Tamer with ENIAC/ABC

As the Digital World came other Mother Eater's control, the digimon were forced to migrate to the Human created Cyberspace EDEN. The Royal Knights tried to reason with Yggdrasill, but it was impossible due to the infestation; So they desperately tried to create a new Digital World, using the Real World as a base(the famous Paradise Lost Project lead by Duftmon and Lord Knightmon) while others (led by Omegamon) opposed and this lead to conflict.

Well that is an interesting Retcon and explains a lot about all the craziness the 7D6 Avatars get up to.

It should be noted that this information was cited as being from 4chan, so it might not be entirely accurate.

Exiled

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In game,
they talk about parallel worlds, but I think they only talk about the Digital World, the Denno Kuukan and the Human World, that the game threats as enterely separate universes. Maybe include the World from Re:Digitize, since Mirei is in this game (and if the theory about the Yggdrasill 7D6 that appears in Decode is true, X-Evolution as well). But, that is a theory of mine.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Royal Knights can do their duties without Yggdrasil's permission and even have access to the human world... So it's not just "Must Obey". But still it's interesting to think all Royal Knights are capable of managing... The Digimon's "society" system to look for a new world to live in. Still it only ended up as the invasion.
But... They fail to see how infected Yggdrasil got?

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Geez, since this game came out, everyone started up their translation blogs BUT in separate ways... -_- Working together is probably way better and speed up process of this translation.

Oh wow, all preorders with bonuses are already sold out at instant within two weeks or less. Digimon's Limited Editions are really such pain in the butt if only they just could extend this stock larger. Still, amazing.

Treble-Clef

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Making a list from those images...

Kuramon
Pabumon
Punimon
Botamon
Poyomon
Koromon
Tanemon