Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Coming Out in the West On PS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Various places on the net have pointed out that Amazon Canada has added an interesting listing...

It's listed as "Digimon World Cyber Sleuth" for PS4.

It seems to be obvious that this is a PS4 port of the Japanese Vita game Cyber Sleuth that many Digimon fans wanted to come west.

The release date is pretty obviously a placeholder so far, but it appears we are gonna get something better than Cyber Sleuth on PSVita, we are gonna get a proper console port of it for the Playstation 4, which will be really nice.

Hopefully more information soon! (along with hopefully Bandai confirming the game soon.)

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh my Gosh.

Never had a VIta... but I do have a ps4.... YESSSSS!!!!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Of course, there are plenty of other potential questions to be answered...

1- Is it actually on PS4 or is it Vita and it was just listed wrong?
2- Will there be a digital only Vita release perhaps?
3- Will they leave the game alone or edit things?

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Someone pointed out in another site that Bandai Namco has been porting a lot of games for the PS4 recently.

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, they have. Especially games originally launched for the PSVita.
Well, as long as it's not some kind of mistake, it's awesome news. Kinda disappointed it won't come out on PSVita, but I guess it's less one game for me to buy.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess releasing it on the PS4 makes sense, japan seems to be about the only place where the vita has actually caught on, so porting it would probably be worth it. And I hope they put some effort into the port, I'd really like to see that game with HD textures and reflections for non-static models, that would be lovely, although I'd gladly take some subpar technical aspects as long as they don't screw up the translation; I'm hope they'll keep everything as faithful as possible.

But honestly if an english version comes out for vita I might gravitate towards getting that version; I don't really like the thought of having to buy a PS4 for roughly the same amount of money I could spend on a graphics card that could kick the crap of any lowly console (which was something I actually planned to do this year), so the Vita will probably be the better option for me... so hopefully they'll release on there to even if it's only digital.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If it's not a mistake, I welcome the balls out of it.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome news!!!
That's really awesome. That excites me so much.
Even if I wasn't able to play it, just having the game in the west bodes very well for the rest of the fandom since this game is so huge.

Thanks for letting us know.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is good news but poor Vita. Let's hope it gets some kind of release.

Jessicat

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought you guys didn't post rumours... Anyways I'll be pissed if this is released on PS4, I bought a vita just for the JP version. Maybe it'll be cross-compatible with both or something?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought you guys didn't post rumours... Anyways I'll be pissed if this is released on PS4, I bought a vita just for the JP version. Maybe it'll be cross-compatible with both or something?
We post rumors when I can source it enough. In this specific case it isn't a 'rumor' but rather certain information based on a listing that probably shouldn't have gone live yet (this often happens with DVDs, occasionally with games though.)

A listing at Amazon under a new title is notable enough to mention due to the unique way Amazon internally does listings (before they took down pre-orders for it, the pre-order was from Amazon themselves, not a third party selling through Amazon, which means they put up the listing themselves.)

This combined with a few other things (lately they've done a focus on bringing over more nichey anime based games) pretty solidly tells us something is happening.

Not to mention that Namco/Bandai PR people are giving a boiletplate 'non' denial suggests that even if we don't have official confirmation, it's likely happening.

A Vita release wouldn't surprise me, but I expect it'd be digital only, in which case the only place it'd be listed would be the PSN store.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Usually I'd have no hope for this, but with Cyber Sleuth being more adult-oriented, I wonder if we'll actually get a faithful translation. I hope they don't neuter it too badly, at any length.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Removed 2 different posts.

If a site isn't providing actual new information, there is no reason to link to it just to go 'someone else noticed this also!'

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I have neither a PS4 or Vita I'd rather a vita Release personally because then I just need to buy two things, A Vita, and the game. For PS4 release I need to buy 3 things. PS4, Game, and a new tv because i'm dirt poor and still have a SD tv.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I have neither a PS4 or Vita I'd rather a vita Release personally because then I just need to buy two things, A Vita, and the game. For PS4 release I need to buy 3 things. PS4, Game, and a new tv because i'm dirt poor and still have a SD tv.
I'm pretty sure you can connect the PS4 to any computer monitor you have, that's how I'm handling it with my PS3 at the moment. Most monitors have multiple inputs obviously the console would need HDMI but even if you don't have that somehow, there are adapters for it. Also for Vita you'd most likely need to buy more than 2 things because there's not really much in terms of interneal memory so one of those ridiculously expensive propretiery Vita memory cards is probably a must if you want to play more than one game on it...

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another reason to buy a PS4, the first being this

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ps4 is on my to do list if it drops enough. Not really excited for this, but I would support a US release. I already have a Vita (and never use it) and I dislike handhelds.

Saiga

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
oof... after deciding to invest in a new PC instead of a PS4 (because at the time all the games I wanted were getting PC releases) this reveal worries me. I could have been prepared to buy a VITA, but I don't think I'll get a PS4 for a single game... even if I want Cyber Sleuth so badly. I am pretty confident in thinking there is no chance of a PC port for it, so that makes me really sad.

But I'd still appreciate that this gets any western release at all, even if I have to miss out this time. It at least gives me hope for future games!

Status
Not open for further replies.