Digimon Soul Chaser- New Mobile RPG

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A video shown by Bandai Korea has revealed a previously unknown mobile RPG called Digimon Soul Hunter which they plan to launch in 2015.

Image Thumbnail

The RPG appears to be Adventure-centric with the 8 Adventure Digimon being who you play as. There appears to be other playable characters, as we see a Koromon, Agumon, and Greymon on screen together during gameplay. Villains from Adventure are also shown in the promo. All appear in a super-deformed cartoony art style.

No specific mobile platform seems to be mentioned in the trailer, but a pre-4.0 style Android device appears in the video.

The trailer was captured off-screen with a phone.

No specific news yet on if it will appear outside of Korea.

Thanks to digimonxiii on Twitter for the news.

Edit- It appears the name has been changed to Digimon Soul Chaser.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks good as far as graphics/details go. I'm skeptical the gameplay will be original but I still hope it gets translated regardless.

MagnaAngemon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This poster looks like the tri. poster but with the Digimon :p

Last edited:

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was a bit nervous when I heard that the game is from Korea since due to heir weird internet laws Koreans have a tendency to shut themselves in in their small corner of Internet and not letting anyone who can't prove their 100 korean use any of their services (DMO being one lucky exception) but seeing that this is a mobile game it shouldn't be too hard to get it on your phone.
I dug up a few additional Korean articles:
http://www.thisisgame.com/webzine/news/nboard/4/?n=57985
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=127743
http://m.mk.co.kr/news/headline/2015/185899

It seems the presentation that announced it also featured two Gundam mobile games, also with a chibi aesthetic (and sadly for us those games take the spotlight in the articles). Things I could gather from the machine translations:

-"Digimon Soul Hunter" is still a tentative name for the game.
-It's planned to be released in Summer (so we've still got to wait a few months)
-One of the artciles mentions Digimon Masters so that game's popularity migth have something to do with this game being made.
-The designers who work on the game are very careful to respect the original designs when chibifying stuff.

Personally I think the game looks pretty good (especially the attacks) effects and I look forward to playing it however I hope they will also include some post-adventure content.

viperzerof-2

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love the graphics, too bad sprite comics aren't still a thing. if i had a phone it would be fun to play

wizarmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love the graphics, too bad sprite comics aren't still a thing. if i had a phone it would be fun to play
I believe you can use Bluestacks Android Manager to play this game. I'll have a look at that when the game comes out.

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, why is the title "Soul Hunter"?

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It appears the title has been changed to Digimon Soul Chaser.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It also appears some sort of (beta?) prize event is being done for it in South Korea, but not much that's worth mentioning or relevant to us.

Thanks to bokutachi for the news.

Would normally make a new topic, but there's still so little information it seems more relevant to just keep this one.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe they changed the title because they didn't want an Adventure focussed game associated too closely with Xros Wars young hunters?
Finally some new info on this game, I was getting a bit impatient already; this game is pretty much number two on the list of digimon stuff I'm hyped for this year (obviously tri is first place and english cyber sleuth is on place 3 because I'd need to buy a new console for that)... So yeah it's CBT and unless they are offering Cognitive behavioral therapy, have connections to the Commitee for Bible Translations or are delving into quantum physics with Coulomb blockade thermometers, I'd have to agree that's it a closed beta test going on. And you seem to be able register but obviously they want a korean mobile number from you...
hopefully after they are done testing they will just put it on google play where all the region blocking is done (badly) by google and getting the game should be as easy as getting crusader or heroes by that point so I'm hoping they won't keep it in beta for too long.

I also hope that the game will do its title justice and feature a soundtrack solely consisting of soul music.

liamx2000

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
what are we saying the chances of this getting Localized to Europe and USA ?
Since we haven't even had Digimon heroes yet for mobiles.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well Heroes has been made to English, but it's only available in some countries.
I bought it on the New Zealand app store but naturally had to change it back to Canada (my local country).

I wasn't able to switch my region back to New Zealand when time came for an update and the game needed this update to run so I was essentially SOL.

Hope that doesn't carry over here - I'd like for the localizations to span the entirety of English-speaking countries. If they've done the work translating it, they might as well put it on the Canadian store.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's interesting. I don't suspect a localization but if it does it could be iOS and Droid only. Because that's how things work.