Digimon Song: Best of Wada Kouji Announced for DigiFes, Update- Tracklist

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was in bed and had to pop up for this. Expect plenty more news tomorrow after sleep (not only have I been feeling iffy, Shin hasn't been feeling great either, but expect a number of updates after I wake up.)

Image Thumbnail

The CD will be a DigiFes exclusive for 2,000 yen.

They aren't announcing the tracklist yet, but they mention it will have Wada Kouji songs from Adventure, 02, Tamers, Frontier, Savers, and tri.

The cover is a new image of Angemon, who they mention was Wada Kouji's favorite.

bestofwadakouji_posterTINY_july15.png

A B2 sized poster (19.7 x 27.8 inches) of the cover image will be included.

Edit- In case it needed to be clarified, they will only be printing a limited amount of these to sell at DigiFes. The expectation is they will easily sell out fast.

Update- Thanks to Magic Box for pointing out that FeelMee/DreaMusic put up their catalog listing for the album with a tracklist.

1. Butter-Fly
2. The Biggest Dreamer
3. Target ~Akai Shougeki~
4. Hirari
5. FIRE!!
6. an Endless tale
7. Butter-Fly (Theater Size #1)
8. With The Will
9. Innocent ~Remaining Innocent~
10. Seven ~tri.Version~
11. Butter-Fly ~tri.Version~

Crazy_Tai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like the artwork for this CD. Shame that it is DigiFes exclusive.

AguChamp

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still don't understand the Xros Wars skip. That soundtrack is amazing.
Hopefully it'll get a non-limited release, or maybe it'll be available from expensive second hand sellers.

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I agree, his Xros Wars songs were some of my favorites, it's a shame they won't be in this CD, but it's nonetheless a great homage.
I'll brace myself for the price increase once people start selling it online.

Angemon looks great. I still have hopes of KojiAngemon becoming an official Digimon.

Kai32

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
when I first heard Kouji was not doing the opening for xros wars I was like this ant Digimon Kouji doing the opening theme for Digimon made Digimon Digimon then let slide when he did some of the insert songs for xros wars.

TheBiggestDreamer

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Angemon, I feel like this is a touching sentiment for the late Kouji Wada. I agree with others that his Xros Wars songs were great. To be honest though, Xros Wars just had a greta soundtrack all around.

Tsurugi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is a nice tribute, and the Angemon picture looks gorgeous. I share the sentiment on it being fes exclusive though, I'd love to buy that.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll echo the lamentation for no Xros Wars songs. Every one of his songs from that show was amazing.

Super☆Girl

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
like everyone else i'm sad that there's no Xros Wars included, it had a great soundtrack, probably my favorite aside from Adventure 02's soundtrack, i also wish it wasn't DigiFes Exclusive, but oh well, i'll be buying the CD re-releases anyways when they come out. that bit about Angemon being Wada's favorite Digimon though....brought me to tears almost...

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Xros Wars music likely isn't included because another record label did everything related to Xros Wars.

That isn't necessarily an answer that most people will like, but it's the most likely reason.

Aster Selene

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Xros Wars music likely isn't included because another record label did everything related to Xros Wars.

That isn't necessarily an answer that most people will like, but it's the most likely reason.

Ah, I was wondering what was up with that. I noticed that the Memorial Box rerelease included Savers but not Xros Wars in its DiGiMONMUSiC count. It seemed rather odd that they didn't want to count it, but now it makes sense.

MagicBox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, all of the Xros Wars CDs were released by Columbia Music, which is very likely why they aren't included here. It's worth repeating what was mentioned above: the 2013 re-release of the "We Love DiGiMONMUSiC 100" memorial boxset included an updated list of "every Digimon CD" and none of the Xros Wars discs were on there (probably for the exact same reason). The songs in question probably could have been sub-licensed for this album, but that was likely more money than they wanted to spend on a convention-exclusive CD.

Anyway, this whole album is just beautiful. I had no idea Angemon was Wada's favorite. What a touching tribute.

EDIT: DreaMusic's website has been updated with a track listing.

01.Butter-Fly
02.The Biggest Dreamer
03.Target ~Red Shock~
04.Lightly
05.FIRE!!
06.an Endless tale
07.Butter-Fly (Theatre Size #1)
08.With The Will
09.Innocent ~While Remaining Naïve~
10.Seven~tri.Version~
11.Butter-Fly~tri.Version~

Last edited:

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

01.Butter-Fly
02.The Biggest Dreamer
03.Target ~Red Shock~
04.Lightly
05.FIRE!!
06.an Endless tale
08.With The Will
10.Seven~tri.Version~

I expected to see a number of those songs, but I am surprised that three different versions of Butterfly are featured on it.

I'm scratching my head and wondering why the copy for this tribute album mentioned his music from Savers, and then Hirari isn't on the track listing. Oh well. A fitting tribute to Wada nonetheless.

Aster Selene

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

01.Butter-Fly
02.The Biggest Dreamer
03.Target ~Red Shock~
04.Lightly
05.FIRE!!
06.an Endless tale
08.With The Will
10.Seven~tri.Version~

I expected to see a number of those songs, but I am surprised that three different versions of Butterfly are featured on it.

I'm scratching my head and wondering why the copy for this tribute album mentioned his music from Savers, and then Hirari isn't on the track listing. Oh well. A fitting tribute to Wada nonetheless.

Lightly (#4) = Hirari.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added the track list to the news article.

Shikou

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The movie version of Butterfly will always be my favorite. I love all the other versions including the oversea cover versions just the same but something about just the voice at first then music dropping made it amazing to me. For some odd reason I thought he did the first opening of Xros Wars. Hearing it again just now I've realized that I was wrong!

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm sure this will sell out. I'd absolutely love the CD/poster. I have a feeling they'll release the CD later without the poster, though, even if they're saying it's exclusive now.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I mean, we already have a CD with all of his ×ros Wars songs on it, so it’s not a terrible loss.