Digimon Social Art and Reference Book Updates!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Time for a few more X-Antibody Digimon updates

Image Thumbnail (custom)

With the Digimon X3 up for pre-order we get another big reference book update, but first, a quick update from the Digimon Twitter account from last night.

We got the higher resolution art of Hououmon X, plus a short profile (the reference book update has a longer one, but while we wait on a translation of that, a quicky one of the short one.)

With 12 holy rings it gives forth tremendous holy power. It is covered in the largest firewall and doesn't tolerate any viruses.

We also got larger art of Plesiomon X.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Onto the reference book update stuff itself! Most of these we already have higher resolution art of, so when possible we are including those over the small reference book versions.

Translations for the new stuff to come shortly hopefully!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Hououmon X (art up above)
Angewomon X
Cherubimon X (Virtue)
Cyberdramon X
Diablomon X
Wizarmon X
Duftmon X
Dynasmon X
Justimon X
Ophanimon X
RizeGreymon X
Siesamon X

More to come!

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's cool that Ophanimon-X's shoulder blades combine to form her Eden's Lance! Excited for the full translations!

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Great to see the full profiles for all of these, especially the long-awaited Diablomon X profile.

For the most part, the important sections have already been revealed in the shortened profiles on the Twitter. The Eden's Lance is a nice detail. Cyberdramon's laser-tail is reminiscent of the Xros Wars variant (i.e. the Cyber Launcher), but could just as likely be a coincidence as laser-tails aren't exactly unique.

They really focus on the eye-theme with Diablomon X. I think I've figured out where all the 12 eyes are located (I don't think the regular yellow eyes count, but the gem on the forehead could be the special 13th eye). There are 2 on its shoulders, 2 on its chest, 1 on its collar, 2 on its knees, 1 on its tail, 4 on the palms of its hands (according to the concept).

Last edited:

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Considering we already have DarkKnightmon X and OmegaShoutmon X has been name-dropped, it's possible that Cyberdramon is meant to be a mix of both the original and Fusion versions.

Kazuma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They really focus on the eye-theme with Diablomon X. I think I've figured out where all the 12 eyes are located (I don't think the regular yellow eyes count, but the gem on the forehead could be the special 13th eye). There are 2 on its shoulders, 2 on its chest, 1 on its collar, 2 on its knees, 1 on its tail, 4 on the palms of its hands (according to the concept).
I think those are the eyes too. As for the 13th one, I think it's hidden inside its chest (underneath the armor that looks like teeth, it could open like a mouth)

Rewind Abyss 13th is no doubt one of the coolest techniques I have seen in Digimon in a while. I'm undecided whether I like the name or preferred the concept art one tho (13 Eyes: The End)

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rewind Abyss 13th reminded me of .Hack//GU Divine Awakening for Haseo in Xth form.

Wow Diablomon X's profile actually came?! Cyberdramon X's profile before the full image? Wut?

Can't wait to read their new attacks and X antibody effects of Siesamon X, Ofanimon X, Angewomon X, Justimon X, Cyberdramon X, Diablomon X, Cherubimon X, Wizarmon X, RizeGreymon X and Duftmon X(?)

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The tail might have one on each side? Otherwise the forehead eye might count.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Considering we already have DarkKnightmon X and OmegaShoutmon X has been name-dropped, it's possible that Cyberdramon is meant to be a mix of both the original and Fusion versions.
Gasp... After RizeGreymon X, and Impmon X/Wizarmon X even Tamer trio partners, I think you may be right. Tch I really wanted the original Cyberdramon to X form...

Look like Sparrowmon is excluded eh?

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As for the 13th one, I think it's hidden inside its chest (underneath the armor that looks like teeth, it could open like a mouth)
The cover illustration for the artbook already depicts Diablomon X's chest opening. There's no eye in there. Of course, Watanabe wasn't the original designer of it, so it could be a misinterpretation. It's also possible the 13th eye is just a metaphysical concept; it's not physically on Diablomon X's body, like GranDracmon's Eye of the Gorgon attack.

The tail might have one on each side? Otherwise the forehead eye might count.
I thought about that too, but the math just doesn't add up if the tail has 2. The other 11 other eyes are all accounted for, so it's physically impossible for the tail to have 2. It's also impossible for both sides of the tail to be facing forwards during the Rewind Abyss 13 attack, which seems to be the intention.
The forehead isn't styled like an eyeball like the rest of them. All of them are circular spheres inside an "eye-socket." The forehead is just a crystal, like the crystals at the base of its horns, so it's not like the 12 regular eyes.

It's also interesting to note that according to the concept, during the Rewind Abyss 13 attack; Diablomon positions himself in a circular formation with all eyes facing forwards (including the extra hands), and his ponytail acts as a clock-hand while his head rotates around the collar.

Last edited:

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
for a hidden one, inside the mouth on its chest maybe?

edit: looks like I'm late --_--

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe all 12 "eyes" on Diablomon X's whole body activates to perform that attack and the 13th giant eye first appeared then the rest of eyes slowly appears forming a circle ring around it? So Yong's theory may be right or the 13th eye is really well hidden because the back in the view is never shown?

ABC-sert... Shoot I didn't see that coming. ABC Accel, Blitz and Critical.... Shame Justimon X really lost the swapping weapon ability. Odd it didn't mention how Justimon X's battle performance being affected by the heavy weights of Arms? I guess I will accept that odd color of Justimon X since the profile didn't mention why.

RizeGreymon X's Sunrise Buster. Unlike other MetalGreymon X versions, it's a new attack rather than the upgraded Trident Revolver attack... But Sunrise is nice to add it. It's really "Rise and Shine!" So it's not really Courage crest? Eh? Sun crest...

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still think Phoenixmon X's tendrils bear a striking resemblance to the Meicoomon line, but I can't figure out what the connection would be.

Anyway, it's funny to see the older art juxtaposed to the newer ones. The style is similar, but some of the coloring is improved.

Mild At Heart

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cyberdramon looks freaking awesome here. I love the glowing orange colors.
He looks more like a virus buster if you ask me!

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's what Cyberdramon X looks like. That sure looks like an X Mon. And the rest, these are nice and fit.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just read diablomon x profile, tal about ridiculous, why cant they treat all x antibodies equally.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I know right? Diablomon X's Rewind Abyss 13 is scary as Yugioh's Final Countdown... Duftmon X's "Trillon stab" is too powerful and so much more than Lucemon Falldown Mode and Mercuremon.

Equally? Well X Antibody improved/upgraded Battle techniques and amazing appearances are all X Antibody good for!

I'm kinda saddened, Hououmon X didn't get any new attacks but simply buffed Starlight Explosion due to her Holy rings. Or not even a hint of "Revival" techniques like Phoenix does. Kinda... So unrealistic.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm kinda saddened, Hououmon X didn't get any new attacks but simply buffed Starlight Explosion due to her Holy rings. Or not even a hint of "Revival" techniques like Phoenix does.
Probably because it's not a phoenix.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But she is based on "Hi No Tori" manga, that phoenix? And all that flame... And gracefulness!

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm kinda saddened, Hououmon X didn't get any new attacks but simply buffed Starlight Explosion due to her Holy rings. Or not even a hint of "Revival" techniques like Phoenix does.
People conflating fenghuang with phoenixes bothers me probably more than it should.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, Hououmon has the ability "Phoenix Feathers" in Cyber Sleuth, which in Japanese is "不死鳥の羽", which means Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory says Hououmon has Phoenix feathers.