Digimon Site Updated- New Anime Details. Theatrical Adventure Project.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So... this is a bit early...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Digimon Adventure site just updated and removed it's tri. theming.

The only topic listed at the moment is an inactive link called...

Theater Version Digimon Adventure (tentative title)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

So... is the new project a theatrical remake of Digimon Adventure or simply a currently untitled sequel?

Hopefully we know what it is soon.

Update- More and more it appears it being a remake was a misunderstanding.

Update- Some additional info thanks to Mantanweb.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Seki Hiromi will be supervising the new project.

Adventure character designer Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru will be doing character designs for the new project.

Kenji Watanabe will be designing Digimon for the new project.

The first visual, shown at the live event, but which we don't have an image of yet, is apparently a 22 year old Taichi and Yamato.

Update- The Twitter account has also changed it's branding and announced it's for the new movie project now.

Update- Cleaned up and clarified a few details.

Update- Added the image.

Update- Added better quality versions of Taichi and Yamato.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would be very disappointed if true. :(

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeaaah I think I'm just going to play the games from now on.

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ughh...hope not a long movie series again >< *though i love tri the wait was hard lol
Still hoping for series xD

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As long as they broaden their scope a little bit I don't mind. I loved tri. and I know there's still plenty of stories to tell with these characters, but it was self-contained to a fault, so I'd like to see them all branch out.

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why isn't this an anime series? Toei literally has nothing on the agenda to stop this from being there seasonal anime? Although I'm intrigued as this takes place when Taichi and Yamato are 22 years old. So that's way in the future. All the chosen children are in college except for Joe.

Last edited:

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That would be disappointing if it was that and not an anime.

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As long as they broaden their scope a little bit I don't mind. I loved tri. and I know there's still plenty of stories to tell with these characters, but it was self-contained to a fault, so I'd like to see them all branch out.
Just curious, what did you mean by "self-contained"?

Why isn't this an anime series? Toei literally has nothing on the agenda to stop this from being there seasonal anime? Although I'm intrigued as this takes place when Taichi and Yamato are 22 years old. So that's way in the future. All the chosen children are in college except for Joe.
Joe may still be in university if he is taking a medical degree. Iori is the only one out of the 12.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They're gonna lose a lot of money. You can't dub this and they're disappointing basically their entire fan base. I personally wanted more movies.

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if this will be where they add pairings to the epilogue or not, should be interesting. Cause I imagine Sora gets prego around this time since her first kid with Yamato was around 9-10 in the epilogue. So this has to take place near the birth of at least Sora first child right?

If Hikari and Takeru or Koushiro and Mimi are added as pairings then they may need to start setting that up as the epilogue is around the corner.

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So is this a reboot of Digimon Adventure featuring older versions of the chosen children or is this a sequel well into the future?

Cause if it's a reboot it's more exciting cause everything is fair game and having them be adults going into the Digital World for the first time is an intriguing concept. I'd still prefer an anime series over more films though. I'm gonna be well into my 30's when this wraps up.

Last edited:

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just how it placed an emphasis on the original 8 (which, understandable!) but then mostly ignored the supporting cast (02 kids, the families, etc) and sort of twisted itself in knots to keep the action squarely on the Chosen Children. They very much wanted a character driven piece, which is what they delivered, but I'd like to see the plot be a bit more expansive next go around.

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just how it placed an emphasis on the original 8 (which, understandable!) but then mostly ignored the supporting cast (02 kids, the families, etc) and sort of twisted itself in knots to keep the action squarely on the Chosen Children. They very much wanted a character driven piece, which is what they delivered, but I'd like to see the plot be a bit more expansive next go around.

What emphasis on the original 8? The main emphasis of Tri was the self insert horrendously written character and the chosen children were the supporting cast.

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I see. The annoying thing of Part 6 for me, however, is the involvement of the nameless humans attacking Ordinemon, yet they did not have the time to show Seraphimon's evolution or the full battle with the enhanced Devimon. I would not mind their families involved since they were already involved in the Original.

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I see. The annoying thing of Part 6 for me, however, is the involvement of the nameless humans attacking Ordinemon, yet they did not have the time to show Seraphimon's evolution or the full battle with the enhanced Devimon. I would not mind their families involved since they were already involved in the Original.

Takeru couldn't even get a movie to get to Seraphimon it had to be thrown in the 4th movie randomly.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If this turns into another rant thread, as it currently is, people will be suspended, as a good number of the people doing it have been warned in the past.

If you can't be an adult, you might as well leave.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty sure this isn't a thread to fight about Tri.

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I will be frank, let's say I am gonna leave some reservations on this new project from what I've read.

But still hoping for the best as time goes by until the complete picture of what's in store for us.