Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the chapter discussion thread for Chapter 1-11

The audio narrated version of Chapter 1-11

Chapter 1-11 is out Monday, May 1st, at 12am in Japan.

The time listed by Bandai converts to:
Sunday, April 30th, 8:00am in California (Pacific)
Sunday, April 30th, 11:00am in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, April 30th, 4:00pm in the UK (GMT)
Monday, May 1st, 1:00am in Australia (Melbourne)

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

Please wait to post until the chapter is up.

Text will be in Japanese, English, & Chinese. A the new Digimon Youtube, there will also be a Japanese audio narrated version of the novel chapters. These will be read by Miyuki Sawashiro (Gammamon in Ghost Game.)

Digimon Seekers is daily for the first week, before going weekly.

The Digimon Seekers page at Digimon Web can be found here- Digimon Seekers Page. We will add a link directly to the chapter once it is available.

Update- Chapter 1-11 is here. The audio narrated version is at the top of the post.

No spoilers past this chapter and no posting before it is available. We'll decide any other policies (previews, etc.) based on what happens with the first few chapters.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the chapter.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 14,209
Last edited by a moderator:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
seekers1-11.0_may5_2023.jpg

Update- In the quotebox is a cleaned up translation from onkei, modified off the official one.

Chapter 1-11​

"---That voice is Loogamon, isn't it? Could you go ahead and… I mean, could you please explain to me the circumstances here, sir?” Eiji couldn’t help taking on a more formal tone.
"Explain? Explain what exactly?"
"I don’t understand a single bit of what’s going on.”

Where was this place?
Why were the Digimon talking?
And most of all, what happened to Eiji?

He was supposed to be up in his loft at home!
"Eiji Nagasumi... You didn’t listen to anything that Ryusenji told you?"
"Huh? Ryusenji?" Eiji was taken aback that Loogamon referred to the professor so casually, without using his title.
"The Mindlink explanation."

—In order to infiltrate the SoC, I have temporarily lifted the functions on your Digimon Linker.

The research results of D4, a top secret within both AE and DDL. The professor had even said that it was a means to improve Eiji’s code cracker skills in one go.
"Umm... It’s a function that’ll make me into an elite code cracker... right?"
"Ugh..."
"The professor’s explanations are sometimes hard to understand, alright?” Eiji felt slightly uncomfortable that his casual nodding along to cover up his own ignorance had been found out.
Loogamon started walking.
"---Oh, there's broken glass there, so watch..."
As Eiji spoke, he spotted the reflection of a Digimon in the large window shards, their form illuminated by flickering flames.
It was Loogamon.
"..."
No matter how hard he peered into the glass, all he could see was Loogamon. “I’m... not here?"
This was...
Was Eiji seeing the same world as Loogamon…?

Thump!

seekers1-11.1_may5_2023.jpg

Another rat came rushing by.
"Good sir! I apologize that I failed to recognize you, the great boss of the Castle of Nine Wolves[]! My name is Chuumon, a lowly rat Digimon at your service!"
The Chuumon who they’d happened to rescue by chance came forward in greeting.
"..."
"If you don't mind me asking, where have you been, sir? I haven't heard your name in these parts for quite some time. Rumor had it that either an assassin turned you into a Digiegg or that you were captured by a human..." Chuumon dared to probe a little.
"Who allowed you to speak to me?” Loogamon growled.
"Chuu! So sorry!"
"Do you really think that an assassin could turn me into an egg, or that a human could collar me?"
"P-P-P-Please forgive me!" Chuumon trembled all over in fear.
Loogamon sighed and quickly raised his head.
"Yes, I remember now... The Dust Kingdom. You Chuumon served the Great Sukamon, ruler of the Fifth Avenue trash heap."
"Yes, sir!"
"I'll look after you from now on,” Loogamon said. “Besides, you look tastier than that stuffed animal from earlier.”
Loogamon sniffed Chuumon and licked them.
(Yuck!)
Somehow, Eiji was also able to smell the rat and taste them with his tongue. The shock overwhelmed him.
"Squeeeaaak!” Chuumon cried in fear. “I promise to be of use to you, sir!”

"The Demon Wolf of the Castle of Nine Wolves, huh.”

It's got a familiar ring to it, Loogamon whispered to himself.
"---Hey, Chuumon."
"Yes, sir!"
"Do the others think that I’ve been captured by a human then?"
“It’s only a rumor! After you were gone, Ninth Avenue has gone absolutely dismal… It’s deserted.”
"Wall Slum looks to have changed a lot in my absence as well... Here’s your allowance, take this."
Loogamon threw food at Chuumon.
"This is… real world meat! You sure eat the good stuff, sir, as befitting of your stature! Until next time then!"
After gathering up the meat and cheese, Chuumon ran away as though he never wanted to see Loogamon ever again.

"Umm... Are you finished talking now, sir?" Eiji spoke timidly to Loogamon.
Loogamon just sighed. "You wanted an explanation, right?"
"Yes, please!"
"What do you humans say at times like these... Seeing is believing? The proof is in the pudding?"
"Wha… Whoa!"
It happened so suddenly.
Loogamon threw himself out of the broken window. Eiji experienced his first free-fall of his life.
Loogamon easily landed from a height of 3-4 stories and looked up.
It was a sea of multi-story buildings. Among them was a dark skyscraper— it made one think of a deserted city sub center just before dawn, isolated from glitz and glamor. Its windows were completely dark.
Once he approached the tallest building in the area, Loogamon ran up— vertically, along its wall.
He ran swiftly as his claws dug into the structure.

He felt the wind on his skin.
Eiji shared all the sensations of the five senses that Loogamon was having— his eyes, ears, nose, tongue, and skin.
"I see... So this was Professor Ryusenji's research! This is the top secret technology of D4!"
Because the Digital World has a different structure from the human world, the real world, it could not be directly perceived by humans. For example, a submarine relies on instruments and sonar, and a space probe travels outer space. Humans can only perceive what is going on around us indirectly in those areas, through observed data.

Would it be possible to somehow experience the Digital World through the five human senses?

After exploring this possibility, it was discovered that a human’s “mental data” could be transferred into the “Digicore” of a digital life form that is a Digimon to create the closest thing to a true "real-life experience."
"Mindlink is a technology that converts the human mind into digital data and transfers that human consciousness into a Digimon’s Digicore," Loogamon spoke as he ran up the skyscraper, not even sounding winded.
The Digicore is the data center of a Digimon’s core. It is the core of life, the area that shows the Digimon as an individual— the ego or the soul of a Digimon, so to speak.
"Yes! I remember the professor saying something like that!”
Once it became clear to Eiji, he was more intrigued than bewildered.
This was no tiny monochrome LCD screen. He was seeing the true state of the Digital World and the Digimon with his own eyes. It wasn’t through a virtual monitor and observation data. He was perceiving the Digital World directly with his five human senses.
Ryusenji had already perfected this technology.

This was the answer. —Mindlink!

"It's like I've become a Digimon! Mindlink... So this is the world that the best of the best are seeing!" Eiji crowed with excitement.
"It's your first Mindlink, so it’s only natural that you’ll be feeling some confusion. You'll get used to it soon enough."
"I’m already getting used to it! But when was my mental data converted into digital data?"
"The Digimon Linker has been sampling your biometric data, brain waves, and level of consciousness for 24 hours a day."
"Seriously?! You mean my personal info was being leaked?!"
"What do you mean? That's what the Digimon Linker is for. The amount of data required to convert the human psyche into digital data is enormous."
"Professor Ryusenji is incredible… So incredible."
"...... Any other questions? I'm getting annoyed with all your constant yelling in my Digicore.”
"How am I able to talk to you? You're a Digimon!"
"What a stupid question. It's because Digimon are alive. We always have been and always will be."

Digimon are alive.

Loogamon, Tyranomon, and all the rest of the Digimon were alive.
"I see... So the Digimon have been talking to me all along..."
"You're just getting to know us Digimon a little better is all."
After finally climbing to the top of the skyscraper, Loogamon stood triumphantly on the roof.

The view from there was—

Character design/illustration: malo

Last edited:

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Do you think there's an assassin who could turn me into a ball, or someone who could put a collar on me?"
...so, it's probably not intentional, but my literal immediate thought was "hang on, is that a reference to Job 41, where they're talking about enslaving Leviathan?"

Maybe just because I've only read both translated into English from their primary language so it ends up sounding similar, I dunno.
"Yes, I remember now... The Dust Kingdom--you Chuumon were servants of the Great Sukamon, ruler of the Fifth Avenue trash heap."
Scumon Daioh!

It's easy to see how Loogamon subdued the Tyrannomon so quickly, it seems to have a natural bearing as a leader. And it's shockingly intelligent too, for an MC partner Digimon.

MadHatX

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Loogamon is thuggin lol

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We get our first proper stuff with Loogamon, and it's mostly annoyance at Eiji, which is understandable.

Always nice to see the mouse.

Overall it feels like it really wants to set something like a Kingdom Hearts vibe with this chapter, which seems to match character design stuff.

Dragheart Luard

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After reading about how much data is required for materializing only a fraction of a human being in Seekers' world (in this case mental data), then I highly doubt we will even see any human directly traveling to the Digital World. If that even happens then it would be the biggest achievement of the professor or whoever manages to travel there. Also I found funny that Eiji's questions were seen as annoying noise by his partner.

sirtao

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Do you think there's an assassin who could turn me into a ball, or someone who could put a collar on me?"
...so, it's probably not intentional, but my literal immediate thought was "hang on, is that a reference to Job 41, where they're talking about enslaving Leviathan?"
Just a mistranslation: it's "do you think there is an assassin who could turn me into a Egg or a human who can put a collar on me?"

Eiji feels a little dumber than usual in this chapter, but I'll chalk it to being disoriented by the Mindlink. Plus some Digital World Politics which is always nice.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just a mistranslation: it's "do you think there is an assassin who could turn me into a Egg or a human who can put a collar on me?"
Ok, but that doesn't change that my immediate thought was that the text reminded me of this:

“Can you pull in Leviathan with a fishhook or tie down its tongue with a rope? Can you put a cord through its nose or pierce its jaw with a hook? Will it keep begging you for mercy? Will it speak to you with gentle words? Will it make an agreement with you for you to take it as your slave for life? Can you make a pet of it like a bird or put it on a leash for the young women in your house? Will traders barter for it? Will they divide it up among the merchants? Can you fill its hide with harpoons or its head with fishing spears?

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some pretty cool imagery.
Seems like all common Digital Biomes might be parts of this city.
It's also interesting that Loogamon is a bit more prideful and preoccupied with status than the average partner, which was usually more easy going and casual.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added onkei's translation.