Digimon Seasons 1 thru 4 DVD Set

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's nice to know Digimon on DVD is doing well enough to get a ludicrous DVD set. Hopefully this will mean they'll find more DVDs to do.

A season 1 thru 4 DVD set, retail price is $230, current preorder price is $160.

Amazon Pre-order here

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's nice to see, but it seems a little pricey. It's only something like twelve dollars cheaper then if you'd bought the seasons separately. It's better than nothing, but I'd have expected a better 'bargain' for buying them all in a neat set.

nintenfan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the price will go down but why just 1-4 and not Data Squad? Were they unable to get rights before Saban bought the rights again?

(I'm thinking of getting this though)

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I find the lack of Series 5's inclusion rather peculiar.

And, if this set offers something even more exclusive than the booklets that came with the individual series boxed sets, I will forever hate this accursed marketing strategy.

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As far as Data Squad goes, I'm on the fence... I'm sure it's possible that Well Go might have the license still? But this could be like a nostalgia boxset... I'm sure there are people who only watched the original 4 and won't give Data Squad or Fusion a chance. Could be catering to that.

Either way, neat to see that Digimon is doing well. Interested to see the boxart on this one!

Storm Eagle

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As far as Data Squad goes, I'm on the fence... I'm sure it's possible that Well Go might have the license still? But this could be like a nostalgia box set... I'm sure there are people who only watched the original 4 and won't give Data Squad or Fusion a chance. Could be catering to that.

Either way, neat to see that Digimon is doing well. Interested to see the box art on this one!

Your idea that this could be a nostalgia box set sounds nice, although I'd want a complete season set for Data Squad to buy.

I've already got the first three sets and I was fixing to get the season 4 set as well. I'm tempted to sell the sets I already own and get this box set, but I'm still waiting for more information on the seasons 1-4 set before I make a decision. I'm also hoping that we might see a listing for a season 5 set, and we'd probably see one some time while the season 4 set has yet to get released.

megagold5

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Due to the individuality of each season (more notably 3 onwards), I am quite happy with owning each season as a separate set, infact I prefer it that way. The only way I could argue getting this bigger set is if you see the frist 4 seasons as the sort of "original run" of digimon, or something to that effect, seeing as the largest break was between Frontier and Data Squad.

What I am really after now is a season 5 boxset in the same style as these previous 4 and a boxset with all the movies in (would have prefered the movies to be on their respective season sets, but nevermind).

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A bit of news for UK fans: don't expect Digimon anytime soon from Manga Entertainment. I did ask them at the Manchester Expo/Comic Con if they have plans to try and get it across. They said there is no news right now, but it is a question they get asked a lot. So you never know.

Sonic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the price will go down but why just 1-4 and not Data Squad?

I think it's fairly obvious, actually. One, there has yet to be any announcement of a Data Squad set and, two, the Frontier set is set for release in September. As the big box set is scheduled for an October release, it will contain all of the Digimon material they will have released at that point. It shouldn't be taken as an indication that they are not going to be doing a Data Squad set, because we simply won't know until we see a listing or an official announcement.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the price will go down but why just 1-4 and not Data Squad?

I think it's fairly obvious, actually. One, there has yet to be any announcement of a Data Squad set and, two, the Frontier set is set for release in September. As the big box set is scheduled for an October release, it will contain all of the Digimon material they will have released at that point. It shouldn't be taken as an indication that they are not going to be doing a Data Squad set, because we simply won't know until we see a listing or an official announcement.
They could have just as easily scheduled the big set to come out when the Data Squad DVDs potentially come out. It's not like coming out in October is some sort of mandate that a big box set like this must adhere to.

Sonic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's true, but one other thing to consider is Data Squad was not a Saban/Sensation Animation production. As Data Squad was licensed by Disney, the possibility exists that it may not be in New Video's license for Digimon unless their license encompasses everything Digimon and not just the Saban products.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's true, but one other thing to consider is Data Squad was not a Saban/Sensation Animation production. As Data Squad was licensed by Disney, the possibility exists that it may not be in New Video's license for Digimon unless their license encompasses everything Digimon and not just the Saban products.
Though it wasn't originally a Saban product, it is now. When Saban bought back Digimon, they bought it all, Data Squad included.

Storm Eagle

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the cover art for the release. It's up on Amazon's listing for it.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
wow.. seeing them all together like that. There are a lot of characters throughout Digimon. I hope this sells well.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's pretty interesting. And cheaper to get them all in that pack then one by one right?

Storm Eagle

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's pretty interesting. And cheaper to get them all in that pack then one by one right?

I guess it depends on where you get them and how much you can get them for. The total amount I paid to get the first three plus the amount where I might get the fourth season set from is about $35 more than what the complete set is going for at the place where I might get it. Mind you, I got the first season set from Wal-Mart when they had the best sale price at the beginning, and I got the second season from barnesandnoble.com with a 20% off coupon.

In fact, this place has the best prices I've seen for the complete set so far.
http://dvdpacific.directtoustore.com/digimon-digital-monsters-seasons-1-4/025192206511

Last edited: