Digimon Seasons 1 thru 4 Coming to Hulu this Month

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Some good streaming news!

While it isn't listed in Hulu's May 2020 catalog list, Hulu will be adding Digimon Seasons 1 thru 4 dubbed during May!

Hulu was one of the first streaming services to lose these seasons awhile back, prior to any licensing changes, as the license holder at the time (Cinedigm) was moving to their own streaming services for some content.

The pages for the shows are up on the Hulu website and their apps, along with when they will begin streaming on Hulu:

Digimon Adventure- May 15th at Midnight (Pacific)
Digimon Adventure 02 (listed as season 2 of Adventure)- May 15th at Midnight (Pacific)
Digimon Tamers- May 15th at Midnight (Pacific)
Digimon Frontier- May 5th at Midnight (Pacific)

Update- Digimon Frontier was changed at some point to also say May 15th, the 5th was likely a typo.

This is the first time legacy Digimon content has had streaming expanded instead of vanishing in quite awhile, so hopefully this means we will begin to see them in many more places, although Hulu isn't a bad choice for them to pop-up first.

With Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna coming out on home video in July, more Digimon content isn't a huge surprise, but it's still a welcome one.

The movie can be pre-ordered on Amazon: (affiliate links)
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna BD/DVD
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna DVD

Some other places to find Digimon content. Digimon Adventure: is streaming on Crunchyroll, but is currently on hiatus.

Outside of 02 and Frontier at Starz, there are still some decent options for some recent Digimon content including:
Xros Wars (and Hunters) at Crunchyroll subtitled
Appmon at Crunchyroll subtitled

tri. subbed and dubbed all over the place: (just posting a couple, as it's quite easy to find tri.)
Subbed at Crunchyroll
Subbed and dubbed on Blu-ray (affiliate link)

Fusion and Data Squad are also still available to purchase digitally from a number of storefronts for anyone who wants digital copies: (Amazon ones are affiliate links, others are not.)

Digimon TV DVDs are still orderable at Amazon at the moment, although a number of them are out of print, and will likely become harder as time goes on: (affiliate links)
Digimon Season 1 (Adventure)
Digimon Season 2 (Zero-Two)
Digimon Season 3 (Tamers)
Digimon Season 4 (Frontier)
Digimon Season 1 thru 4 Boxset
Digimon Data Squad
Digimon Fusion Season 1
Digimon Fusion Season 2

Attachments

Last edited:

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Y E S! I stopped watching Frontier a good ways in because I no longer had a place to view it legally so I'm excited for this! I hope other platforms get the older seasons as well and/or I hope Hulu gets Data Squad as that's the only season I can't stream once this gets on Hulu and I would love to watch that for the first time

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ooooo this is very good news!!
The series is having a big resurgence lately and im very very happy
aww no data squad streaming tho, dam
hope they get to add it later

Chudix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Only dubbed episodes? It's so sad.

icomeanon6

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sweet! Those DVDs are getting scarce.

I feel ya, but what can you do? The dubs are much more attractive to a general-audience site like Hulu because there are a lot more dub fans than sub fans, and it's not like hosting both would be just a matter of adding an audio track. But yeah, sure wish the Japanese versions were officially available with subtitles.

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice to see Digimon returning, I noticed the Digimon Frontier showed up in my VRV queue again though there are no videos listed, I wonder if thats a sign of things to come or just coincidence.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice to see Digimon returning, I noticed the Digimon Frontier showed up in my VRV queue again though there are no videos listed, I wonder if thats a sign of things to come or just coincidence.
that's exciting! It would probably be subs which a lot of people prefer and I personally have VRV but not Hulu at the moment. Having older Digimon on multiple platforms is nice in general

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well, if they are splittin dub on hulu and subs on crunchy, that would kiiinda make sense? The hulu audience is more likely to watch cartoons while crunchy is very very popular for anime fans, i suppose.
Just gotta see where that VRV thing will mean

raxisa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Outside of 02 and Frontier at Starz, there are still some decent options for some recent Digimon content including:
Anyone know how to watch on Starz? I have an account but can't find it on the app or website.

Witch King

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone know how to watch on Starz? I have an account but can't find it on the app or website.
I was watching it on Starz earlier this week, but when I went back to it this evening it was gone. Must have been removed.

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon was available on Starz but they were removed a few weeks ago, first Adventure was removed; then 02 last month, then Frontier a few weeks ago. I’m glad they are adding the episodes on Hulu again, especially Tamers because for some reason only Adventure, 02, and Frontier were on Starz before. I couldn’t watch the entire seasons without Tamers being on there.

Who knows in the future the subbed episodes maybe available one day through VRV and Crunchyroll.

Btw if anyone has a Roku TV there is a channel called the Roku Channel, and movies 2-6 of Tri were available in English for free to watch. I watched them a few months ago.

I just checked the Roku Channel and they’re still available.

Last edited:

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why hulu though? Please come too netflix so I can watch it in good quality. I just re watched adventure but i would watch it again and again I love it.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Update- It appears May 5th for Frontier was a typo, it now says May 15th.

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
H
Agreed. The original Japanese version is SO MUCH BETTER!

EDIT: better than nothing...
honestly I disagree, but in my opinion the dub had a great cast especially for all of the villains and most of the supporting cast, yeah edits suck but the voice work is solid, and agumon is just annoying in the sub while the dub gave him a slightly better personality with a far better voice

Youkomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We really need the subbed versions again....They had them for a VERY limited time on Netflix before but that was years ago...

Mikin.Ishida

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh man YESSS. I've been wanting to re-watch Tamers for a minute now

H

honestly I disagree, but in my opinion the dub had a great cast especially for all of the villains and most of the supporting cast, yeah edits suck but the voice work is solid, and agumon is just annoying in the sub while the dub gave him a slightly better personality with a far better voice
Couldn't agree with you more. I have such a strong love for the dub.

Youkomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh man YESSS. I've been wanting to re-watch Tamers for a minute now

H

Couldn't agree with you more. I have such a strong love for the dub.
but the English version censored so much and there were even complete segments cut out such as Megidramon's chest plate being shattered when it was kicked.And Gargomon's eyes being scratched. and that one epic scene in the very first movie when Greymon ripped out Parrotmon's lower beak with his horn. that's one of my favorite parts of the fight scene.