Digimon Season 2 Volume Releases Accidentally Announced.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Because of the wrong coverart going up on Amazon it appears that once the Adventure volume DVDs are done, 02 will get a volumed release also.

Image Thumbnail

This release is in addition to the previously announced Season 2 release.

The volume releases will continue the numbering started with Adventure it appears.

No news yet on date or price (volume 3 hasn't even been solicited yet.)

Thanks to WTK and Amazon.

Season 2 is available for preorder at Amazon as mentioned previously
. (Ignore the coverart showing it being the volumed release, hopefully Amazon will fix that soon.)

Gyt Kaliba

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh wow, wouldn't have guessed they'd keep the numbering going, I would have thought it'd start over for each season.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought Adventure would only have two volumes. One with 1-21 and one with 22-54.:confused:

Gyt Kaliba

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kind of thought that at first two, but with them expressing that the first volume 'contains the first two natural story arcs' (meaning Devimon and Etemon), I figured from there, that we might see a set of just the Myotismon stuff, then one of just the Dark Masters.

That's kind of cutting them pretty slim on episode count each time afterwards though...but eh, it is a budget release after all.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought Adventure would only have two volumes. One with 1-21 and one with 22-54.:confused:

The volumes are to be put on the shelves at a discounted price (MSRP $20.)

Only way they will keep that price is 3 disks or left.

Since volume 1 was 3 disks (and the season 1 set is 8), my assumption was they'd be 3/3/2. The solicitation for volume 2 reads as 3 disks with. So that largely confirms 2 disks for volume 3.

I kind of thought that at first two, but with them expressing that the first volume 'contains the first two natural story arcs' (meaning Devimon and Etemon), I figured from there, that we might see a set of just the Myotismon stuff, then one of just the Dark Masters.

That's kind of cutting them pretty slim on episode count each time afterwards though...but eh, it is a budget release after all.

I assume them expressing that it contains the arcs was more based on the coincidence that it did... likely not anything done on purpose (although a possible exception to this shows up in a minute...)

As for episode count... Volume 1 has 21. Volume 2 will have 21. Volume 3 will have 12 plus extras.

At least that's what you would assume... they are soliciting Volume 2 as 3 disks with 18 episodes (ending right at the end of the Myotismon arc. I don't know if that's a typo.) If accurate that they are doing new disks (rather than a typo or mistake in solicitation info) for v2 and v3, that gives us 21/18/15.

Even if they keep it at 20 bucks, that'll still be cheaper than the vast majority of DVDs on the market.

Gyt Kaliba

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I assume them expressing that it contains the arcs was more based on the coincidence that it did... likely not anything done on purpose (although a possible exception to this shows up in a minute...)

As for episode count... Volume 1 has 21. Volume 2 will have 21. Volume 3 will have 12 plus extras.

At least that's what you would assume... they are soliciting Volume 2 as 3 disks with 18 episodes (ending right at the end of the Myotismon arc. I don't know if that's a typo.) If accurate that they are doing new disks (rather than a typo or mistake in solicitation info) for v2 and v3, that gives us 21/18/15.

Even if they keep it at 20 bucks, that'll still be cheaper than the vast majority of DVDs on the market.

True, it could easily just be a happy coincidence that it cut at a clean break, rather than them trying to spread it like that.

Hmm...my input only counts for so much since, I got the complete set so I won't be nabbing the singles, but just from my own POV, I think them doing it the 21/18/15 way works better. It's a little less uneven on that last volume, and stopping at good stopping places is something not many releases do anymore, which could be benifitial to people who are actually just now seeing the show.

As far as the extras go, I'd heard that the singles weren't getting them. Was that false, and they're still supposed to get those galleries, just no booklet? Or are they getting some kind of extras the complete set didn't have?

And yeah, regardless of how they go about it, keeping it at roughly $20 is still a STEAL. Especially if you get lucky and see it in-store at a Wal-mart, which would knock the price even lower.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As far as the extras go, I'd heard that the singles weren't getting them. Was that false, and they're still supposed to get those galleries, just no booklet? Or are they getting some kind of extras the complete set didn't have?

This is based on this line from New Video when people were emailing them (back when there was confusion about if the volumed release was dubbed or subbed.)

Please note this 3-DVD set does not include the two bonus photo galleries or the specialty package found in the 8-DVD set.

People seemed to forward this information as "the volumes won't have extras." When the email is quite clear that it's just referring to volume 1. If they are actually changing around disks in volume 2 and 3, it's possible that the new disks won't have the extras on the last disk.

Due to the way the disc count is, volume 2 could just it's last disc redone with a few episodes clipped off. But as for volume 3 (if indeed they are changing the episode count) that's be more interesting. Disk 7 of the season set is already full, and disk 8 isn't. So do you add a new 'first disk' for v3 with only 3 or so episodes? Do you move episodes around to be evenly split on 2 disks (or maybe 3 disks?)

It'll be interesting to see what they do. I'm still sort of leaning to 18 episodes being a mistake (or maybe early planning before they decided to do a season set?) because doing different disks seems odd.