MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New products in the US!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Monogram Direct has announced blind bag Digimon keyrings will be coming soon.

We first got an inkling of these awhile back, but at the time it wasn't clear if this was an actual product or a pitch. (It was quite awhile ago, with no article, since it wasn't clear if it was a cancelled pitch, etc. at the time.)

But they're coming out soon! We're waiting on more details, but here is what we know at the moment.

These are figure keyring/keychains on a chain, with 9 available as normal (the 8 partner Digimon and the digivice) with DemiDevimon and Elecmon as chase/mystery releases for a total of 11.

The art above appears to be flat renders of the keyrings, as images of releases for this product line appear properly 3d.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A photo of the Kakashi one from Monogram's Naruto version of what appears to be the same series of keyrings.

Monogram's page does list them as being part of the 3d line (still showing the general character art). Although we don't know exactly what the Digimon ones will look like at the moment, as flat keychains with some some 3d-ness aren't uncommon.

The MSRP for each blind bag should be $7 and they'll begin to show up on shelves later this month.

Overall they look nice, although the flat rendering of the images doesn't benefit Agumon's face, who almost appears more akin to a live action Mario movie Goomba.

Assuming they are in fact fully 3d, it'll be nice to see how they look from various angles and what kind of details appear.

Hopefully more info to come and we will update once we hear back.

Update- Made the mention of us not being sure 'what' kind of 3d these are more prominent.

Update- Added some information provided by Monogram about the price and release period.

PCmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ugh with blind bags. I just want a dang digivice without having to buy a bunch and hope.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm surprised to see Elecmon and DemiDevimon. Nice they included others, although if they're doing rookies - where's Chuumon!?

and yeah I was also thinking the Agumon one looks really bad

I'm mostly surprised to see a western product lol

Although I do agree the blind bag format is stupid

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not normally a fan of DemiDevimon, but he looks nice as a keyring. Blind bags though, eh? Pass.

Devkyu

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I want ALL Of these!!

PinkIceFox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I need Palmon, Demi Devimon, and Elecmon they're so cute!

That said... I wish Elecmon could have stayed a quadruped. He looks so weird on two legs. Plus this blind bag junk is really annoying. :\ Just let people buy what they want, is that really so hard? It's not like they aren't gonna grope the blind bags to get what they want anyways.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

That said... I wish Elecmon could have stayed a quadruped. He looks so weird on two legs. Plus this blind bag junk is really annoying. :\ Just let people buy what they want, is that really so hard? It's not like they aren't gonna grope the blind bags to get what they want anyways.
Him standing seems to be standard now, its what his Cyber Sleuth sprite is

also they spelled Patamon as Patomon and Elecmon as Elecomon and Tentomon as Tentamon lol

Last edited:

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aaaah these keychains are amazing

So it seems Piemon decided to go into business and make use of that magical power ;)

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just in time for the show’s 20th anniversary in the USA.

PinkIceFox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Him standing seems to be standard now, its what his Cyber Sleuth sprite is

also they spelled Patamon as Patomon and Elecmon as Elecomon and Tentomon as Tentamon lol
I know and I hate ittttt it looks so wrong. He felt unique as a quadruped.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated with price and confirmation of the release period of these.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cool. Those are nice o get if you can get all the ones you want/or just everything. I think I seen something like this before.

ZeroIchi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My keys have been lonely sitting on the chain, well now they can become Digidestined to!

Thanks for sharing this news definitely going to prepare to buy these as soon as they are out.