Digimon Rumble Arena fangame

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey dude. Sorry I have not got the time to check the game progress. Anyway, I tried the latest update and beyond everyone else already pointed out here, I have some extra suggestions:

- Make Piedmon's Trump Swords special move hit twice. The first one when he throws the swords while the second one is when the swords return back to him.

- I think it would be cool if you could make Piedmon's jump special move seem like he is teleporting into the air instead. And for his teleporting VFX, you can probably use falling poker cards.

- For Piedmon's Clown Trick, instead of throwing a normal projectile, maybe you should replace the projectile with a poker card. You can use the same hitbox for the projectile, but the projectile moves much slower. But then the projectile suddenly explodes when it is within the opponent's range. The idea for this special move is to serve as some sort of a trapping projectile. Here is an example of what I am talking about.

- For BlackWarGreymon, since he is going to be a different character from WarGreymon, you can try giving his original Dramon Killer move from the first Digimon Rumble Arena to replace his Terra Destroyer. The Dramon Killer will serve as a short range projectile which can negate other normal projectiles. I thought it would help distinguishing his playstyle with the regular WarGreymon.

Last edited:

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think reapermon's den music didn't change
Only when fighting against Reapermon, but the default music for that stage is the same one.
Haha yes you are right, my bad

Sorry I can't play the demo too much and give more feedback but I must learn C# for Tuesday for work.

Last edited:

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey dude. Sorry I have not got the time to check the game progress. Anyway, I tried the latest update and beyond everyone else already pointed out here, I have some extra suggestions:

- Make Piedmon's Trump Swords special move hit twice. The first one when he throws the swords while the second one is when the swords return back to him.

- I think it would be cool if you could make Piedmon's jump special move seem like he is teleporting into the air instead. And for his teleporting VFX, you can probably use falling poker cards.

- For Piedmon's Clown Trick, instead of throwing a normal projectile, maybe you should replace the projectile with a poker card. You can use the same hitbox for the projectile, but the projectile moves much slower. But then the projectile suddenly explodes when it is within the opponent's range. The idea for this special move is to serve as some sort of a trapping projectile. Here is an example of what I am talking about.

- For BlackWarGreymon, since he is going to be a different character from WarGreymon, you can try giving his original Dramon Killer move from the first Digimon Rumble Arena to replace his Terra Destroyer. The Dramon Killer will serve as a short range projectile which can negate other normal projectiles. I thought it would help distinguishing his playstyle with the regular WarGreymon.
Thanks for playing! I like your proposal to include poker card as effect for the Special+Up. This attack in the demo is still purely evasive, but in the next version it will be an attack like in the other Digimon. However I like anyway to include this effect. I will play with it.

About Piedmon's Trump Swords, I like as well the concept. However it is a bit tricky, as the Digimon won't be strongly impacted in the first hit in order to be impacted for the swords when coming back. Not sure, I like the concept, I have to test it.

Related BlackWargreymon, I researched in RA1 and RA2 and in fact I like the result we have. Terra Destroyer is adding a bit more of strategy if you want to hit the opponent successfully with it. And Dramon Killer, as it is in RA1, would be a projectile similar to the standard Special that Reapermon has (a slash). Not sure, the behavior won't change that much compared with Terra Force.

Sorry I can't play the demo too much and give more feedback but I must learn C# for Tuesday for work.
Hahaha no problem, you already commented a lot of details! I started with the things for the next version (taking the chance that I have more time now, during the week is more complicated).

Good luck with C#!

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Maybe could you reduce the loading times, I'm not sure if they are real loading times because the card gif always does the same rotations, I'm not complaining about the transition but maybe reduced it some seconds.

I hope Mugendramon is in the new version with his awesome Mugen cannon, to continue with darkmasters!. I'm sure it will brings awesome features and some of that we are posted here. I'll play some matches in this version when I finish with C# today. It's fast ins some part because I have a Java base already, so common coding concepts are fast to learn, even the OOP is very simillar. But new things like LINQ and specifics things like that may take more time.

I'll post if I find something or if I have some good idea to suggest.

Last edited:

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Maybe could you reduce the loading times, I'm not sure if they are real loading times because the card gif always does the same rotations, I'm not complaining about the transition but maybe reduced it some seconds.

I hope Mugendramon is in the new version with his awesome Mugen cannon, to continue with darkmasters!. I'm sure it will brings awesome features and some of that we are posted here. I'll play some matches in this version when I finish with C# today. It's fast ins some part because I have a Java base already, so common coding concepts are fast to learn, even the OOP is very simillar. But new things like LINQ and specifics things like that may take more time.

The loading time is not real, I wait some seconds for you to see the cool loading screens I make hahaha. Are you tired of them? :p

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Thanks for playing! I like your proposal to include poker card as effect for the Special+Up. This attack in the demo is still purely evasive, but in the next version it will be an attack like in the other Digimon. However I like anyway to include this effect. I will play with it.

About Piedmon's Trump Swords, I like as well the concept. However it is a bit tricky, as the Digimon won't be strongly impacted in the first hit in order to be impacted for the swords when coming back. Not sure, I like the concept, I have to test it.

Related BlackWargreymon, I researched in RA1 and RA2 and in fact I like the result we have. Terra Destroyer is adding a bit more of strategy if you want to hit the opponent successfully with it. And Dramon Killer, as it is in RA1, would be a projectile similar to the standard Special that Reapermon has (a slash). Not sure, the behavior won't change that much compared with Terra Force.

Hahaha no problem, you already commented a lot of details! I started with the things for the next version (taking the chance that I have more time now, during the week is more complicated).

Good luck with C#!
Cool! Good luck with that, dude! And I also sent you the animation file for my idea of his Clown Trick skill (The one where he pulls a poker card out of his sleeves and throws it at his opponent.) in case you want to try making it. In any case, good luck with trying out the new skills for Trump Sword. I am really looking forward for his gameplay in your next update.

As for BlackWarGreymon's Dramon Killer Move, maybe you can give the projectiles different properties as well. For example, BlackWarGreymon's Dramon Killer special move hits the opponent twice and launches them into the air while WarGreymon's Terra Force only hits once but knocks them down to the ground.

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The loading time is not real, I wait some seconds for you to see the cool loading screens I make hahaha. Are you tired of them? :p
Im no tired of it, I like them and they remind me of RA1. The problem is when you have to change between menus it's tedious, or when you play several matches in a row, for example you start the game and go to option (5 seconds), you re done and you go back to main (5s), then you pick the mode (5s), the entering the battle (5s), and every match is 5+, I don't know how much time is it exactly but whatever, it consumes innecesary time. I'm not talking about removing it, a transition is needed , just reduce the time, or leave this decision to the user and him configure by himself.

I played against Vmon on Hard and barely hit him, every time I get close to him he puches me 6 times per second. When I pick Vmon I can't attack that fast. Myabe you forgot to nerf V-Knucle for the AI?

Another little thing to do is as you make with the stage remember selection, you could do with char as well? If you play want to play with you main several matches in a row

I think to be able to guard in the air could be useful, because when you are in the air your oponent is waiting you and you dont have enough time to protect before the enemy hits make contact. Is important to not be able guard while enemy is comboing you, or you can cut every enemy combo in air.

When guarding several hits in a row, your digi gets hurts, did you implemented this or is a bug?

Reapermon normal+forward move in Ultra mode skip my guard. OK outside Ultra mode too, I think he just go through me and hit my backside hitbox, so maybe the guard break I noted above is this.

Enough to fight Reapermon on hard, I'm going to fight againt payable characters now. By the way a random pick option could be great, you don't have to waste slot, you can do it by making the player to push a key, like in Naruto Storm 4 or Tenkaichi 3

Last edited:

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Im no tired of it, I like them and they remind me of RA1. The problem is when you have to change between menus it's tedious, or when you play several matches in a row, for example you start the game and go to option (5 seconds), you re done and you go back to main (5s), then you pick the mode (5s), the entering the battle (5s), and every match is 5+, I don't know how much time is it exactly but whatever, it consumes innecesary time. I'm not talking about removing it, a transition is needed , just reduce the time, or leave this decision to the user and him configure by himself.

I played against Vmon on Hard and barely hit him, every time I get close to him he puches me 6 times per second. When I pick Vmon I can't attack that fast. Myabe you forgot to nerf V-Knucle for the AI?

Another little thing to do is as you make with the stage remember selection, you could do with char as well? If you play want to play with you main several matches in a row

I think to be able to guard in the air could be useful, because when you are in the air your oponent is waiting you and you dont have enough time to protect before the enemy hits make contact. Is important to not be able guard while enemy is comboing you, or you can cut every enemy combo in air.

When guarding several hits in a row, your digi gets hurts, did you implemented this or is a bug?

Reapermon normal+forward move in Ultra mode skip my guard. OK outside Ultra mode too, I think he just go through me and hit my backside hitbox, so maybe the guard break I noted above is this.

Enough to fight Reapermon on hard, I'm going to fight againt payable characters now. By the way a random pick option could be great, you don't have to waste slot, you can do it by making the player to push a key, like in Naruto Storm 4 or Tenkaichi 3
Completely agree with the loading times, you're right. I will reduce them a lot while navigating in the menus, and a little bit for the battles as well.

About remembering the Digimon selection, I will check it. I cannot select them automatically because, once selected, the stage selection appears. Maybe I can put the selector square to the same cells of your previous choice.

I will check Veemon, and the guard in the air too. Originally I made it for the air as well, but I blocked the action to make it more like in RA1. I will enable it again and let's see how it works in the next version.

The guard is protecting you to receive the 100% of damage, but you're still receiving a bit of it (and you're pushed a percentage of the impact as well). When you're fighting against a mega form using Ultra the strength of the attacks is huge and, even protecting, you're pushed a lot cause of it. But the guard is not broken.

The random selection is an idea I like too! Hahaha you're increasing my list of additions for next version ^^

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Completely agree with the loading times, you're right. I will reduce them a lot while navigating in the menus, and a little bit for the battles as well.

About remembering the Digimon selection, I will check it. I cannot select them automatically because, once selected, the stage selection appears. Maybe I can put the selector square to the same cells of your previous choice.

I will check Veemon, and the guard in the air too. Originally I made it for the air as well, but I blocked the action to make it more like in RA1. I will enable it again and let's see how it works in the next version.

The guard is protecting you to receive the 100% of damage, but you're still receiving a bit of it (and you're pushed a percentage of the impact as well). When you're fighting against a mega form using Ultra the strength of the attacks is huge and, even protecting, you're pushed a lot cause of it. But the guard is not broken.

The random selection is an idea I like too! Hahaha you're increasing my list of additions for next version ^^
Glad to hear it, with this tiny details the game gains consistency and become rich, so is always nice to help you with whatever I can.

I meant to just remember where the cursor where, not auto pick the character, if you finished a match with guilmon, the cursor will appear over guilmon, but without chosing him. This feature is for specail battle or vs computer, his could be extended to player 2 in vs player, remembering the previous char of the player 2 as well. In arcade mode mode this feature is a non sense.

Yes we can try if the air guard works well in the next version, if not you can disable it again. I think it will work.

About the guard, the problem is not the damage I receive, is sometimes my guard goes down or I get hurt (as if im not guarding). Maybe it's my controller, i'll change to another button and play some matches to see how this works.

Edit: I think Gabumon needs a buff, maybe you should check him, specially his normal combo.

I want to see Renamon with her OP Diamond Storm hahaha

Gallantmon 2nd hit of normal combo doesn't connect on Wargreymon

Last edited:

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Glad to hear it, with this tiny details the game gains consistency and become rich, so is always nice to help you with whatever I can.

I meant to just remember where the cursor where, not auto pick the character, if you finished a match with guilmon, the cursor will appear over guilmon, but without chosing him. This feature is for specail battle or vs computer, his could be extended to player 2 in vs player, remembering the previous char of the player 2 as well. In arcade mode mode this feature is a non sense.

Yes we can try if the air guard works well in the next version, if not you can disable it again. I think it will work.

About the guard, the problem is not the damage I receive, is sometimes my guard goes down or I get hurt (as if im not guarding). Maybe it's my controller, i'll change to another button and play some matches to see how this works.

Edit: I think Gabumon needs a buff, maybe you should check him, specially his normal combo.

I want to see Renamon with her OP Diamond Storm hahaha

Gallantmon 2nd hit of normal combo doesn't connect on Wargreymon
I'm thinking a lot about the standard combo of the characters. This is a 3-hit combo where you can execute the next one even if the current attack is ongoing (you can spam the attack button to do all three quickly). This speed is adding issues, as they may not impact on the rival. I'm thinking about removing this feature and making each attack executable only if the previous has finished.
In terms of time between impact and impact, this is something I must have, to win control. And this is why some "slow" movements can impact twice or more in the rival, because we have this time between hit and hit.

Hahaha nice to know that you're waiting for Renamon. I have to say that I already have in progress the next Digimon that will arrive. I won't comment anything else about it :censored:

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Then it's bad that way, you can't let the player spam combos, you can chain multiple hits of course and the rival must eat each hit (except if you have a combo break mechanic), but if you fail hit, or the rivals guards your combo, in the last punch, you must be wide open during a period of time lesser than hitstun of the enemy in block, so he can punish you. If you land the first hit there is aframe of time where you are able to connect the next move of the combo, or chain a special or something, but if you dont make the next move inside that time (in casual games like this, it's the time is big so you dont need exact timing or good execution, which I recomend for this game), you drop the combo, and the rival can punish you, or fall to the ground (this depends on the intesity of the attack you throw before drop the combo). As I explained before, you could create a simple combo system, that limits things like this, or limit the times you can be hit in the air.

It a deep topic which I uknown, maybe an experienced fighting game player can give some tips. You can base in other games. I learned a bit of this because I watched a lot of fighting games, and also made a char in mugen.

But in games like rumble arena, I think the combo are simple, 3 or 4 hits and the a special or to, maybe a special that throws the opponent into the air and can continue the combo in the air with 1 or 2 hits, like I do with Wargreymon, some normal hits then front tornado + up tornado for example. I think the system you have is fun but need polish, but i wouldn't call a bad system or wrong.

Sorry I can't help you more :(

Last edited:

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Then it's bad that way, you can't let the player spam combos, you can chain multiple hits of course and the rival must eat each hit (except if you have a combo break mechanic), but if you fail hit, or the rivals guards your combo, in the last punch, you must be wide open during a period of time lesser than hitstun of the enemy in block, so he can punish you. If you land the first hit there is aframe of time where you are able to connect the next move of the combo, or chain a special or something, but if you dont make the next move inside that time (in casual games like this, it's the time is big so you dont need exact timing or good execution, which I recomend for this game), you drop the combo, and the rival can punish you, or fall to the ground (this depends on the intesity of the attack you throw before drop the combo). As I explained before, you could create a simple combo system, that limits things like this, or limit the times you can be hit in the air.

It a deep topic which I uknown, maybe an experienced fighting game player can give some tips. You can base in other games. I learned a bit of this because I watched a lot of fighting games, and also made a char in mugen.

But in games like rumble arena, I think the combo are simple, 3 or 4 hits and the a special or to, maybe a special that throws the opponent into the air and can continue the combo in the air with 1 or 2 hits, like I do with Wargreymon, some normal hits then front tornado + up tornado for example. I think the system you have is fun but need polish, but i wouldn't call a bad system or wrong.

Sorry I can't help you more :(
I have applied a little change and I like the result. I kept the best of both worlds: you can quickly click the attack button to make the combo faster as until now, but the next movement will only be executed if the current one has been played for enough time. With this, compared with the last version I uploaded, the combos are a bit slower but all hits are impacting now. Let's see how it works.

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok sounds good, we'll see how it works. If you kept clicking the attack button faster, check why Wargreymon and other digis sometimes does 1 or 2 or 3 hits, so the new system can be tested well.

I found a combo video of Rumble Arena 1, and the author gives a lot competitive information about the game, maybe this helps you.

I have had an idea for the future, and is to make a game mode or an option toggle, where you aren't able to digivolve, so the battles are limited to rookies (you can't pick megas either).

I see one of the main problems is when you are punch your opponent you keep moving forward and missing the target because you end behind of the opponent. You could do a test while development to see if the solid characters works better. Another solution is to flinch the opponent the same as yo move forward each hit.

Maybe this is personal and happens only to me, but I feel a bit confusing when go out from options menu, and im positioned in the first menu option, instead on the menu option for example.

bugs:

• Agumon/Blackagu's claw attack (special+forward) has no cooldown, you can spam it. So Agumon is a beast in hands of the AI haha.
  • Definitive stream of metalseadramon doesnt hit on rookies.
  • I found what causes Vmon spam, he has 2 V-Knuckle (special and special+forward), and using two can be spammed

Last edited:

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok sounds good, we'll see how it works. If you kept clicking the attack button faster, check why Wargreymon and other digis sometimes does 1 or 2 or 3 hits, so the new system can be tested well.

I found a combo video of Rumble Arena 1, and the author gives a lot competitive information about the game, maybe this helps you.

I have had an idea for the future, and is to make a game mode or an option toggle, where you aren't able to digivolve, so the battles are limited to rookies (you can't pick megas either).

I see one of the main problems is when you are punch your opponent you keep moving forward and missing the target because you end behind of the opponent. You could do a test while development to see if the solid characters works better. Another solution is to flinch the opponent the same as yo move forward each hit.

Maybe this is personal and happens only to me, but I feel a bit confusing when go out from options menu, and im positioned in the first menu option, instead on the menu option for example.

bugs:

• Agumon/Blackagu's claw attack (special+forward) has no cooldown, you can spam it. So Agumon is a beast in hands of the AI haha.
  • Definitive stream of metalseadramon doesnt hit on rookies.
  • I found what causes Vmon spam, he has 2 V-Knuckle (special and special+forward), and using two can be spammed
Taking note of everything, thank you! ^^

I just want to comment about Metalseadramon's Special+Down attack. This Digimon is tall and the beam is not impacting the rookies. For me this is not an issue, is intentional. The tail is adding a huge range of impact for the attacks and compensating a bit this fact is fine for me. Anyway against the megas this Digimon is even more powerful :)

Ryukuuma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also you can add rematch, select another character after finishing the match.

Also maybe you can make something similiar when enemies got finished they will just stay on the ground with defeated pose rather than explosion. Since it's one of the satisfaction from DR1 haha
You could see other similiar project that have knockout empty bar that i mean.
You could contact the person and maybe he could help you progressing. I mean more people better

Also here's suggested additional music variaty for next update that i think fit the game battle(since it will have saver character too)

Also here's the one for darkmaster boss battle

Last edited:

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Taking note of everything, thank you! ^^

I just want to comment about Metalseadramon's Special+Down attack. This Digimon is tall and the beam is not impacting the rookies. For me this is not an issue, is intentional. The tail is adding a huge range of impact for the attacks and compensating a bit this fact is fine for me. Anyway against the megas this Digimon is even more powerful :)
If its intended, it's not a bug haha.

As always glad to help and waiting for the next update to see the game growth and taking form :D

Hey Draco, any news on the projects, I hope you are fine :)

Last edited:

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello!

I will try to have ready the new version during this weekend. I'm so close to finish what I wanted to include here ^^

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello!

I will try to have ready the new version during this weekend. I'm so close to finish what I wanted to include here ^^
After a week of work a new version of the game is a gift. I think this version will be enough solid :D

I want to try the change you did to the combo system, I hope this works

Last edited: