Digimon Rumble Arena fangame

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes but we are talking about planning the characters for slots, not to make those now. So we can talk about future character without the need of make them now, which is an impossible task.

• Is Piedmon special+up an attack or just and evasive skill, because it does no damge.

• In VS mode against Player 2, you can set a count of how many wins and loses each player has.

• For Imperialdramon FM, it would be interesting to add this skin

• I though about an idea if you ever ran out of slot. This will maintain the screenpack design, and is you have the full roster then press a button that be to slide to left or right, and new screenpack will slide into the screen, i mean to make multiple tabs. Something like Naruto storm 4, here's what I mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe8PiV6Y8ao

• The generation of settings file that save your config

• I was evolved into serpahimon with more than half bar and picked up a card that increase the bar (big one), and de-evolved with half bar still filled, my guess about what is happening is that the game start countdown whith the initial gauge, even if you increase it later you will de-evolve either way because the initial counter reached 0 and was set before you increase the gauge picking the card.

• I don't know if it's me that I'm slow but while playing with Wargreymon/Blackwargreymon something he hits 3 times with normal attack, other 2 times, maybe you should check the time to chain the next hit of the combo, and if It's not enough, expand it.

• Reapermon can be beaten in Normal just spamming normal+down with rookie, and if you shoot Final Elysian with gallantmon bkacjwards to him, he position in the same point as you and get hit twice by the move.

• In hard mode the AI abuses of normal+right/left (specially the Guilmon's move) and some normal moves has advantage over specials, which make specials useless because the damage is similar and lost in priority against normal moves, and you can use normal moves more frequently than normal moves.

• Ranged special moves are useless because the AI is always close to you, and in hard mode can drain 25-50% hp in an approach in a blink, because they nail the all moves priorities and the no knockdown, makes you stay there eating hits until you manage to gain some distance which can be closed in an instant for the AI which is always next to you.

• The lacking of knockback or knockdown. In Rumble Arena for example the enemy after a combo falls to the ground, preventing the enemy hits you too much. In many other games this function is used too, it's like the end of the combo and giving both player rest. I'm not saying the opponent should fall after 2 or 3 hits but it's common to create a combo system (more complex or simplier but a combo system), for example 3 hits of normal combo + special, the oponent falls, or normal combo + up special and while in air forward special (those who can connect in the time while aire for example Gaia for could enter, but gnot Piedmon Shadow ball or patamon boom bubble). If you want to limit the air combos to prevent infinites you can set and airjuggle limit, this mean the times that a character can be hit while in the air for example. i'm not an expert in fighting games or a game developer, there is few more I can tell you about this topic, but anything I can I'll help.

I know the AI is still on development, that's because I'm telling you this issues. I'll continue editing this if I find anything else to report, until I posted again. And a question: I saw that you will implement X-Antibody forms, will have they increased stats or will be a skin?

And, if you implement salamon/gatomon which mega will it has?

EDITED-PLEASE READ ME

Last edited:

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, I read you! Hahaha thanks for this huge amount of feedback. Here my comments:

• Is Piedmon special+up an attack or just and evasive skill, because it does no damge.
Evasive, you're completely right. In fact the same happens with Patamon and Imperialdramon, they have evasive movements (this doesn't have too much sense in the stages we have already available but in some others you can fall down of it, and this movements will help). Anyway, I'm making them attacks for the next version, I think both actions can go together (as the other Digimon have).

• In VS mode against Player 2, you can set a count of how many wins and loses each player has.
I agree, I will include this in the next version.

• For Imperialdramon FM, it would be interesting to add this skin
Originally I had this skin, but in the movies the infected version made its appearance and personally I really like how it looks. And with this infected version I can use something different than the black version for Veemon, and I like the result.

• I though about an idea if you ever ran out of slot. This will maintain the screenpack design, and is you have the full roster then press a button that be to slide to left or right, and new screenpack will slide into the screen, i mean to make multiple tabs. Something like Naruto storm 4, here's what I mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe8PiV6Y8ao
I think if we can use the entire available slots having the new structure we have now.. the game would be just a monster! Hahaha but yes, this is something cool to keep in mind. Anyway I don't think we can fill all slots soon, we have a huge space for a lot of Digimon!

• The generation of settings file that save your config
Yes, currently no savedata is generated, this is a personal fact. My idea is to have a lot of unlockable content in the game (I love unlocking characters and other stuff while playing) and I will include this when more content is available. For now we have a prototype demo to just adjust the concepts. Probably you propose this specially for the mega forms you can unlock by password, I know it's not that confortable ^^. If I enable them you will just use them instead of the rookies! About this I want to mention that in the next version I increased the digivolution time according to the original game. Let's see how is the experience.

Ok! I'll take it into account, thanks!

• I was evolved into serpahimon with more than half bar and picked up a card that increase the bar (big one), and de-evolved with half bar still filled, my guess about what is happening is that the game start countdown whith the initial gauge, even if you increase it later you will de-evolve either way because the initial counter reached 0 and was set before you increase the gauge picking the card.
Yes, the system with the card is something under test too. The cards to increase the energy are not affecting the digivolution time. Then, when you finish it you will have the energy bar partially filled already. This is intentionally done like this. The digivolution is just increased when you take the card with the yellow point and parentheses.
However, I'm completely opened to your feedback about the effect of the cards and possible changes to them.

• I don't know if it's me that I'm slow but while playing with Wargreymon/Blackwargreymon something he hits 3 times with normal attack, other 2 times, maybe you should check the time to chain the next hit of the combo, and if It's not enough, expand it.
Yes, I experienced this already. In my case I saw it with Seraphimon's combo, the third hit sometimes doesn't impact. I don't know why, sincerely. I will have to check this more deeply.

• Reapermon can be beaten in Normal just spamming normal+down with rookie, and if you shoot Final Elysian with gallantmon bkacjwards to him, he position in the same point as you and get hit twice by the move.
You're right. I want to change the behaviour when being hit and the recover time, I'm still planning it (any comments on it will be more than welcome). I have in mind to make some attacks stronger in terms of recover time for the opponent (Gallantmon's Final Elysian would be one of them). But I don't know if this can be too much OP, I'm still discussing with myself about this.

• In hard mode the AI abuses of normal+right/left (specially the Guilmon's move) and some normal moves has advantage over specials, which make specials useless because the damage is similar and lost in priority against normal moves, and you can use normal moves more frequently than normal moves.
I agree as well. The AI has to be improved to not run behind you always and choose the attacks with more sense, I want to make more decisions and behaviors. Anyway this topic is complex, is not easy for me to clarify these concepts.

• Ranged special moves are useless because the AI is always close to you, and in hard mode can drain 25-50% hp in an approach in a blink, because they nail the all moves priorities and the no knockdown, makes you stay there eating hits until you manage to gain some distance which can be closed in an instant for the AI which is always next to you.
Yes, this is mentioned in the previous comment. In part I like to have the AI that aggressive but it has to be improved definitely.

• The lacking of knockback or knockdown. In Rumble Arena for example the enemy after a combo falls to the ground, preventing the enemy hits you too much. In many other games this function is used too, it's like the end of the combo and giving both player rest. I'm not saying the opponent should fall after 2 or 3 hits but it's common to create a combo system (more complex or simplier but a combo system), for example 3 hits of normal combo + special, the oponent falls, or normal combo + up special and while in air forward special (those who can connect in the time while aire for example Gaia for could enter, but gnot Piedmon Shadow ball or patamon boom bubble). If you want to limit the air combos to prevent infinites you can set and airjuggle limit, this mean the times that a character can be hit while in the air for example. i'm not an expert in fighting games or a game developer, there is few more I can tell you about this topic, but anything I can I'll help.
Completely agree on this, the system has to be improved to avoid the spamming situation we have now. If you play with friends of course the battle experience can be better (because you would jump, protect, etc.) but against the AI is always the same thing. As mentioned before I'm planning a refactor on this as well, but is complex for me to define the details.

I know the AI is still on development, that's because I'm telling you this issues. I'll continue editing this if I find anything else to report, until I posted again. And a question: I saw that you will implement X-Antibody forms, will have they increased stats or will be a skin?
Hahaha yes, I have the X-forms as something 100% personal, but for now I'm not using them. My idea is to have the stats increased compared with the standard mega form. Stronger jump, stronger speed. But for now they are stored in a box, I don't have clear if I have to put them or not.

And, if you implement salamon/gatomon which mega will it has?
Magnadramon! I'm in love with it, I really like the Digimon since I discovered it in the first Rumble Arena.

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, currently no savedata is generated, this is a personal fact. My idea is to have a lot of unlockable content in the game (I love unlocking characters and other stuff while playing) and I will include this when more content is available. For now we have a prototype demo to just adjust the concepts. Probably you propose this specially for the mega forms you can unlock by password, I know it's not that confortable ^^. If I enable them you will just use them instead of the rookies! About this I want to mention that in the next version I increased the digivolution time according to the original game. Let's see how is the experience.

I also like the unlockable content, it gives you a feeling of progress and the will to keep playing until unlock everything, and is a great feature in the game that in the modern games is replaced with dlc. It's not my case that pick always megas, it would be like to cut the content by half, it's will depend what I want to play on that moment and who is the rival. The increased evolution time sounds great, I think it will fit well.

Evasive, you're completely right. In fact the same happens with Patamon and Imperialdramon, they have evasive movements (this doesn't have too much sense in the stages we have already available but in some others you can fall down of it, and this movements will help). Anyway, I'm making them attacks for the next version, I think both actions can go together (as the other Digimon have).
I agree, both effects can cohexist in the same move. If I remember well in the Smash bros 64 (I played long time ago), there were evasive moves that prevented you to fall that do damage as well.

Originally I had this skin, but in the movies the infected version made its appearance and personally I really like how it looks. And with this infected version I can use something different than the black version for Veemon, and I like the result.
Why do you have to pick between two, and discard the other? I mean maybe you can implement both (I don´'t know how hard is to implement a ne skin).

I think if we can use the entire available slots having the new structure we have now.. the game would be just a monster! Hahaha but yes, this is something cool to keep in mind. Anyway I don't think we can fill all slots soon, we have a huge space for a lot of Digimon!
Yes haha, I'm talking about far future of course. I would like a monster game with a lot content and updates over the years but maybe your plans implies move forward to another projects.

Yes, the system with the card is something under test too. The cards to increase the energy are not affecting the digivolution time. Then, when you finish it you will have the energy bar partially filled already. This is intentionally done like this. The digivolution is just increased when you take the card with the yellow point and parentheses.
However, I'm completely opened to your feedback about the effect of the cards and possible changes to them.
Yes i thought this was a bug because, if I remember well, in RA1 it extends your current evolution time. But if is intended then nothing to report here.

Yes, I experienced this already. In my case I saw it with Seraphimon's combo, the third hit sometimes doesn't impact. I don't know why, sincerely. I will have to check this more deeply.
Yes it happened to me with Vmon and Piedmon.

Hahaha yes, I have the X-forms as something 100% personal, but for now I'm not using them. My idea is to have the stats increased compared with the standard mega form. Stronger jump, stronger speed. But for now they are stored in a box, I don't have clear if I have to put them or not.
Ohhh you are lucky to have mega forms for yourself. I was confused because you implemented in the New UI screen that you posted.

Magnadramon! I'm in love with it, I really like the Digimon since I discovered it in the first Rumble Arena.
I'm more of Ophanimon hahah. But I like Magnadramon as well, both fits well in the Salamon's line.

About the AI and gameplay topics, you must research and look other games or look Game Theory, my knowledge about that is very limited. What can I offer is my opinion when you post a Beta-mechanic and tell you my thoughts. I think that has big part of trial and error.

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I take the chance that we were discussing about some things to announce the next version of the demo. It will be uploaded soon, I'm finishing the last details. Here the list if changes:

- No AI changes for now. They are under discussion.
- New Digimon playable:
---- BlackAgumon (with BlackWargreymon). BlackAgumon has different animations and Special+Forward attack, and BlackWargreymon has a different behavior with Terra Destroyer.
---- MetalSeadramon. No Betamon for now, and its location in the selection slots is temporal.
- Changes on "Reapermon's Den" stage to have a psychedelic effect. I think is more similar to the one in RA1.
- New music when fighting against Reapermon.
- Stage names appearing in the selection menu.
- The selected stage is kept for the next selection.
- New structure when selecting the Digimon. Before the skin selection you have to choose the form for it (rookie or mega).
- The controls for player 2 are kept as well (they are set when the player 2 is activated). However, they're removed when going back to main menu to allow a reset on them (this will be usable in the future as more control inputs will be added).
- Victories of each player are visible in the selection menu when playing with 2 players.
- Pause system has been added.
- Some attacks have been adjusted, like Wargreymon's Terra Force.

Even having the same battle system with the AI for now, I think the list of changes is interesting ^^. I hope you like it

Ryukuuma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I take the chance that we were discussing about some things to announce the next version of the demo. It will be uploaded soon, I'm finishing the last details. Here the list if changes:

- New Digimon playable:
---- BlackAgumon (with BlackWargreymon). BlackAgumon has different animations and Special+Forward attack, and BlackWargreymon has a different behavior with Terra Destroyer.
---- MetalSeadramon. No Betamon for now, and its location in the selection slots is temporal.
- Changes on "Reapermon's Den" stage to have a psychedelic effect. I think is more similar to the one in RA1.
- New structure when selecting the Digimon. Before the skin selection you have to choose the form for it (rookie or mega).
- The controls for player 2 are kept as well (they are set when the player 2 is activated). However, they're removed when going back to main menu to allow a reset on them (this will be usable in the future as more control inputs will be added).
- Victories of each player are visible in the selection menu when playing with 2 players.

Even having the same battle system with the AI for now, I think the list of changes is interesting ^^. I hope you like it
You should add choose music before/after choose the stage. So it could add more variaty and we could check every music. So it's like default(mean stage original music like both rumble arena), other should be that new music or all the music that currently available.

And for the ai i could make some suggestion like. You could make some default combo for the ai for example
Easy ai :
-no combo
-oftenly use basic attack than special attack.
-usually only stand and attack every 3-5 second
Normal ai :
-use certain combo but rarely use it, you could make system like ai use the combo every 2/3 attack
-follow you except when there's card appear or you're knocked down
Hard ai :
-use combo for every attack
-use guard oftenly
Very hard/legendary ai :
-have 2/3 combo variant
-haunt you down
-in simple it's hard mode with attitude

Just randomly though maybe it will be cool if you have taunt move, you could see this mechanic on some games like naruto ultimate ninja when you can taunt your opponent

Last edited:

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

- New Digimon playable:

Whaaaaat!!? You made my day. I want to try the black agumon and see how he maintained the separated slot because his skill haha. Metalseadramon I love him, so I hope Dark Masters (Mugendramon especially).

I see you took my suggestions, Im so happy, some of them are little and fast changes that makes the difference. The game is gaining consistency now.

Those are very nice changes of course, this version is promising :D

Maybe before release could you make a beta arcade mode (I don't know if this its too much work) or something, a sucesion of matches?

You should add choose music before/after choose the stage. So it could add more variaty and we could check every music. So it's like default(mean stage original music like both rumble arena), other should be that new music or all the music that currently available.
I thought about this too, but it would be cool as an unlocking feature.

Lilimonblooms

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
omg this project seems amazing!!!!
Can't wait to play!!
this is very exciting, I'm just hoping you will put lilimon lol

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can't wait to play!!
There is a demo released now if you want to play it. You can find it in this thread :)

PS: I would like Champions and Perfect playable, but the author is basing the project in Rumble Arena 1, where were only available Rookie warp to Mega.

Lilimonblooms

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah okay thank you so much for replying!
The thing is I downloaded the demo using my brother's mac, they said it wasn't supported on mac, I was really disappointed because I wanted to play the game!
I'll try to find a way
Thanks again 😊

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here you have the new version:

Enjoy! ^^

And for the ai i could make some suggestion like. You could make some default combo for the ai for example
Easy ai :
-no combo
Normal ai :
-use certain combo but rarely use it, you could make system like ai use the combo every 2/3 attack
Hard ai :
-use guard oftenly
Very hard/legendary ai :
-have 2/3 combo variant
-haunt you down

Just randomly though maybe it will be cool if you have taunt move, you could see this mechanic on some games like naruto ultimate ninja when you can taunt your opponent
I really like your proposal with the music selection, nice idea. It can appear below the stages selection. I take note of this!

And thanks as well for the AI notes, the ideas are interesting. Maybe I can define some behaviors depending or certain variables and apply one or another dependening of it (one more physical, another using more specials, etc.).

Whaaaaat!!? You made my day. I want to try the black agumon and see how he maintained the separated slot because his skill haha. Metalseadramon I love him, so I hope Dark Masters (Mugendramon especially).

I see you took my suggestions, Im so happy, some of them are little and fast changes that makes the difference. The game is gaining consistency now.

Maybe before release could you make a beta arcade mode (I don't know if this its too much work) or something, a sucesion of matches?
Of course I apply your proposals and suggestions! You're helping me a lot with them, thank you so much.

The Arcade mode will come, yes, but I need more content before that. Is clear that currently I can put Reapermon as final battle, but I want to use the idea of RA2 of having different paths. I think is something interesting and here, with the roster we have, we can do something good.

Can't wait to play!!
Thank you so much! ^^
I hope you like the demo. I see you mention that you use a Mac. Yes, this demo is for Windows. Maybe I can try to generate a Mac version but I don't have experience with them, not sure if it will work properly.

Lilimonblooms

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sadly I can't play it on mac currently
I was so excited to try it
Maybe I'll use my neighbor's laptop
Can't wait to try and I'm sure it is amazing!
Thank you so much for this amazing project, I really wish the success you deserve.
You mentioned that it will only have mega.
Will we have rosemon?

Ryukuuma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For different path of boss like rumble arena you could some mixed on both.
For example the first time you play arcade you will fight reapermon, the second time you will fight omegamon, with this you could avoid same boss pattern and have alternate and you could use all the up row for all the boss. You could see this pattern boss change on early ps1 arcade too like jurassic park arcade games

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sadly I can't play it on mac currently
I was so excited to try it
Maybe I'll use my neighbor's laptop
Can't wait to try and I'm sure it is amazing!
Thank you so much for this amazing project, I really wish the success you deserve.
You mentioned that it will only have mega.
Will we have rosemon?
Yes! Rosemon is planned to be in the game.

For different path of boss like rumble arena you could some mixed on both.
For example the first time you play arcade you will fight reapermon, the second time you will fight omegamon, with this you could avoid same boss pattern and have alternate and you could use all the up row for all the boss. You could see this pattern boss change on early ps1 arcade too like jurassic park arcade games
Oh, this is a nice approach. This means that, in order to unlock all of them, you need to complete the Arcade multiple times. In fact I have the PSX Jurassic Park game you mention, is a very interesting concept, yes!

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here you have the new version:

Enjoy! ^^

Easy ai :
-no combo
Normal ai :
Hard ai :
-use guard oftenly
Very hard/legendary ai :
-have 2/3 combo variant
-haunt you down

I really like your proposal with the music selection, nice idea. It can appear below the stages selection. I take note of this!

And thanks as well for the AI notes, the ideas are interesting. Maybe I can define some behaviors depending or certain variables and apply one or another dependening of it (one more physical, another using more specials, etc.).

Of course I apply your proposals and suggestions! You're helping me a lot with them, thank you so much.

The Arcade mode will come, yes, but I need more content before that. Is clear that currently I can put Reapermon as final battle, but I want to use the idea of RA2 of having different paths. I think is something interesting and here, with the roster we have, we can do something good.

Can't wait to play!!
Thank you so much! ^^
I hope you like the demo. I see you mention that you use a Mac. Yes, this demo is for Windows. Maybe I can try to generate a Mac version but I don't have experience with them, not sure if it will work properly.
Thanks to you for making the project :D.

Hmm, about the arcade maybe you can apply both, the RA2 with paths as a one game mode, and another option in the menu "Classic Arcade" or something which will be the linear arcade, another classic mode is survival. You could distribute the unlockables between modes, to force to play every mode. I remember in Bloody Roar 2 of PSX, you unlock Gado by beating Arcade, but Shen Long was unlocked by beating him in survival when he appear at round 20 or so. Maybe you planned to unlocked everything at arcade mode with paths, I barely played RA2 so its unknown to me.

AND NOW, LET'S PLAT THE NEW DEMO!

Ryukuuma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
here's note after playing the new demo :D, btw i like the new effect you put on reapermon stage

bug :
-wargreymon basic attack sometimes hit 2 and sometimes 3
-wargreymon up special attack don't attack rookie(on this case vs agumon)
-gabumon basic attack on jump don't have voice
-not sure why but at the start of game patamon don't have voice when he do special attack, but after sometimes the voice comeback
-patamon don't have voice for basic attack on jump
-when pause i accidently spam g, the digimon actually do the action lol
-seraphimon also have the voice bug like patamon that i mention
-metalseadramon down special attack hit point is weird even though you avoid by jump behind the enemies it still could hit you
-metalseadramon special attack hit point same as above even though the effect only appear like in front of you but somehow it could the enemies at the end of stage
-piedmon up special attack don't attack you or is it just evade move?
-reapermon don't have voice for his fire attack

suggestion :
-maybe you could add digimon name up their picture on the battle ui
-make some delay and knockdown definetly needed on next version, you could feel it when versus ai on hard mode lol

also yes that's what i mean, nice you got it on jurassic park pattern.

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
here's note after playing the new demo :D, btw i like the new effect you put on reapermon stage

bug :
-wargreymon basic attack sometimes hit 2 and sometimes 3
-wargreymon up special attack don't attack rookie(on this case vs agumon)
-gabumon basic attack on jump don't have voice
-not sure why but at the start of game patamon don't have voice when he do special attack, but after sometimes the voice comeback
-patamon don't have voice for basic attack on jump
-when pause i accidently spam g, the digimon actually do the action lol
-seraphimon also have the voice bug like patamon that i mention
-metalseadramon down special attack hit point is weird even though you avoid by jump behind the enemies it still could hit you
-metalseadramon special attack hit point same as above even though the effect only appear like in front of you but somehow it could the enemies at the end of stage
-piedmon up special attack don't attack you or is it just evade move?
-reapermon don't have voice for his fire attack

suggestion :
-make some delay and knockdown definetly needed on next version, you could feel it when versus ai on hard mode lol

also yes that's what i mean, nice you got it on jurassic park pattern.
Nice! I will check them, specially the one with the pause, I didn't expect that hahaha. I must say, regarding the voices, that they're reproduced randomly. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I coded them like this to avoid having the voices all the time there. The sound of the effect is always reproduced but not the voices.

About Metalseadramon's special attack I think I won't destroy the effect once impacting. This is the normal behavior of the projectiles but in this case I think is better to keep it there (at the end we're talking about water). I will do the change. And about the Special+Down I know that the hitbox is higher that the rookies, but knowing that with the tail this Digimon has a huge range of impact I think this fact balances the gameplay with it. Anyway I will check what you mention in case something else is there.

About Piedmon you're right, I simply forgot to make the movement an attack. My fault.

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I played the demo a bit, first impressions:
  • Metalseadramon's Tidal wave special, if hit close, the asset of the wave can't be visible, and it's weird that a flame explosion appear and the wave dissapear instantly, my suggestion is to make the wave keeps playing the animation until the end and on hits normal hit's sparks or similar appear, to make visisble that the enemy got hit.
  • Metalseadramon is making a frontflip while double jump, it's a bit weird, maybe a normal doble jump will fit better
  • It's me or Metalseadramon's damage is a bit high?
  • Make the Digievolution sphere of digimon representative color (if I recall correctly in RA1 was like this).
  • Make the positron laser a beam not a flame ball, similar to Metalseadramon' definitive stream.
  • If you de-volve while holding a item proyectile, the icon remains but you lose the item.

Thank you for the pause menu and the extended evolution time it was very necessary, I think its perfect now.
I feel the game more enjoyable now, I see to the first version and it improved a lot. The roster looks cleaner and more organized.

I'll update if I find something else.

Yes this can be a quick change and can improve a lot.

Last edited:

Lilimonblooms

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OMG!
I played it with my brother.
It was AMAZING!!
we tried metalseadramon, agumon, gabumon, patamon, piedmon and guilmon.
I swear we loved it!!!!!
Can't wait for rosemon!
I loved metalseadramon's attack
The laser and the ice.
Thank you so much!

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I played the demo a bit, first impressions:
  • Metalseadramon's Tidal wave special, if hit close, the asset of the wave can't be visible, and it's weird that a flame explosion appear and the wave dissapear instantly, my suggestion is to make the wave keeps playing the animation until the end and on hits normal hit's sparks or similar appear, to make visisble that the enemy got hit.
  • Metalseadramon is making a frontflip while double jump, it's a bit weird, maybe a normal doble jump will fit better
  • It's me or Metalseadramon's damage is a bit high?
  • Make the Digievolution sphere of digimon representative color (if I recall correctly in RA1 was like this).
  • Make the positron laser a beam not a flame ball, similar to Metalseadramon' definitive stream.
  • If you de-volve while holding a item proyectile, the icon remains but you lose the item.

Thank you for the pause menu and the extended evolution time it was very necessary, I think its perfect now.
I feel the game more enjoyable now, I see to the first version and it improved a lot. The roster looks cleaner and more organized.

I'll update if I find something else.

Yes this can be a quick change and can improve a lot.
Yes, I've already improved the wave to produce better experience. The impact it produces is now water style, and the wave is kept until hitting a wall or the stage (the Digimon impacting it are not destroying the wave).
I've changed the second jump as well hahaha. But I keep the second jump when going back, I like that one how it looks. And about the feeling that MetalSeadramon produces more damage is just a sensation, is not the case. However, its range is bigger and this is important to keep in mind. Anyway I can edit something on its attacks if you think it can improve the experience.

I will check the bug you mention with the item projectile, that's not good.

OMG!
I played it with my brother.
It was AMAZING!!
we tried metalseadramon, agumon, gabumon, patamon, piedmon and guilmon.
I swear we loved it!!!!!
Can't wait for rosemon!
I loved metalseadramon's attack
The laser and the ice.
Thank you so much!
Thanks for your words, I really glad you liked the demo ^^

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think reapermon's den music didn't change