Digimon Rumble Arena fangame

LessermonTamer01

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This game looks AMAZING!
From one of the videos I saw here, it looks like the dev is using sound bites from the Anime to do the voices.
I'm curious if we the fans could perhaps lend our own voices to perhaps get more dynamic sounds in there?
For example; Grunts, reactions, special attacks, etc...

Lord_of_the_Dude

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guys, if you are membership of kind vtuber...
You could recommending the vtuber to play this fan game Digimon...
this project need more marketing to make it more hype
Just the fact that everyone is playing our game is enough for me. Although if anyone here wants to stream our game, feel free to do so.

Can't wait for the next update, near end of this month :D
Patience is virtue lol

This game looks AMAZING!
From one of the videos I saw here, it looks like the dev is using sound bites from the Anime to do the voices.
I'm curious if we the fans could perhaps lend our own voices to perhaps get more dynamic sounds in there?
Thank you!
As for English voices, we currently have no plan to add them since we prioritize things like gameplay and character rosters. But we will definitely consider it in the near future.

LessermonTamer01

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just the fact that everyone is playing our game is enough for me. Although if anyone here wants to stream our game, feel free to do so.

Patience is virtue lol

This game looks AMAZING!
Thank you!
As for English voices, we currently have no plan to add them since we prioritize things like gameplay and character rosters. But we will definitely consider it in the near future.
Nice. I'll be sure to try this game at some point in the future.
Does it work with controller pads? If so which ones?

Draco74

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi everyone!

May is finishing and the new update is ready as well! This one is so special as we announce an amazing collaboration!

V016.png

New Digimon:
- Kazemon, with Zephyrmon and JetSilphymon
- Duskmon, with Velgemon (locked by default)

New features:
- Updated Frontier path in Arcade (more info below).
- New special alt: ShadowSeraphimon (Black Gear).
- New animation updates (more info below).
- A very special collaboration: Héctor Anpe (more info below).

Meet Héctoranpe Software:
b430a6_e924f22a15ca49429bb991d103faabe2~mv2.png

Héctor Anpe is an amazing 3D artist that collaborated with us during this update providing the models for Duskmon and Velgemon, and he still have a lot more of content that you can check and support! Don't hesitate to go to his websites to check his work (you can easily find him in Artstation, Instagram, Facebook, etc).

Frontier path has been updated:
Due to the arrival of Kazemon and Duskmon the Arcade path of DIGIMON FRONTIER has been updated accordingly (and it will change even more in the future!). An extra battle has been added, and the final boss is different as well.

New Ultra modes:
- JetSilphymon: Her special+Forward will throw a big stationary tornado which will remain in the arena for some seconds and will protect her from the projectiles. The behavior of the tornado can be modified by using neutral special on it (to give him the movement forward) or the special+Down (for giving him the property of suction).
- Velgemon: His neutral special inflicts Confusion status, and his special+Down's Zone Deleter becomes unblockable and can suck the opponent.

Animations updated: remake!
Some of the Digimon in the roster were added some time ago, and their animations were not with the quality we would like to. That's why we took some time to reimagine them and improve their quality. Here a list of the chances added now so far:
- Renamon: improved normal attacks.
- Sakuyamon: new normal attacks.

Unlockables:
- Duskmon: Complete DIGIMON FRONTIER Arcade path with Lobomon.

*Note: in case you completed it before, just win another one.

Adjustments / Bug fixing:
- The 3rd attack from the normal attack sequence will always push the opponent away (until now only the Mega forms were doing it).
- Fixed the bug where you can guard while being hit by a multi-hit melee attack.
- Fixed the bug when trying to unlock Inner Hazards stage completing the Arcade.
- HKabuterimon: His neutral special has an updated SFX.
- Machinedramon: His special+Up has an updated SFX.
- Saberleomon: His defense has been increased from D to C.
- Saberleomon: The Poison status effect has been removed from all his specials except for neutral special. Special+Forward and special+Up ones will produce Guard Disabled status instead.
- Saberleomon: His special+Forward has an updated SFX.
- Renamon: Added the circle as VFX when summoning Diamond Storm (neutral special).
- Frontier Digimon: A colored VFX has been added when doing the side evolution.

Known issues / Investigating:
- Alphamon's Alpha InForce is not affecting MaloMyotismon's black environment when in Ultra.
- Mecha Factory's conveyors are not always dragging the Digimon depending of their position (like in the very edge).

You can find the link in the first message of this thread. Enjoy!

Guyverd

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for the update, dude

XileVeliX

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi everyone!

May is finishing and the new update is ready as well! This one is so special as we announce an amazing collaboration!

V016.png

New Digimon:

New features:

Héctor Anpe is an amazing 3D artist that collaborated with us during this update providing the models for Duskmon and Velgemon, and he still have a lot more of content that you can check and support! Don't hesitate to go to his websites to check his work (you can easily find him in Artstation, Instagram, Facebook, etc).

Due to the arrival of Kazemon and Duskmon the Arcade path of DIGIMON FRONTIER has been updated accordingly (and it will change even more in the future!). An extra battle has been added, and the final boss is different as well.

New Ultra modes:
- JetSilphymon: Her special+Forward will throw a big stationary tornado which will remain in the arena for some seconds and will protect her from the projectiles. The behavior of the tornado can be modified by using neutral special on it (to give him the movement forward) or the special+Down (for giving him the property of suction).
- Velgemon: His neutral special inflicts Confusion status, and his special+Down's Zone Deleter becomes unblockable and can suck the opponent.

Some of the Digimon in the roster were added some time ago, and their animations were not with the quality we would like to. That's why we took some time to reimagine them and improve their quality. Here a list of the chances added now so far:

Unlockables:

- The 3rd attack from the normal attack sequence will always push the opponent away (until now only the Mega forms were doing it).
- Fixed the bug where you can guard while being hit by a multi-hit melee attack.
- Fixed the bug when trying to unlock Inner Hazards stage completing the Arcade.
- Saberleomon: The Poison status effect has been removed from all his specials except for neutral special. Special+Forward and special+Up ones will produce Guard Disabled status instead.
- Renamon: Added the circle as VFX when summoning Diamond Storm (neutral special).

- Alphamon's Alpha InForce is not affecting MaloMyotismon's black environment when in Ultra.
- Mecha Factory's conveyors are not always dragging the Digimon depending of their position (like in the very edge).

As a child I want to have cool mecha digimon like Saintgargomon, as an adult I need to have humanoid digimon like Kazemon....
Thanks to dev team for the update

Fr4nk19

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was a great update, I didn't expect Jetsilphymon as a character in this game, which leads me to think that in the near future we will have a giant penguin and a dinosaur-beetle as playable characters. I'm happy to see how the game is currently, but a little sad to see that there are few character slots left to fill. I still hope to have a Tyranomon evolutionary line added.

Lord_of_the_Dude

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Patience is virtue lol

This game looks AMAZING!
Thank you!
Nice. I'll be sure to try this game at some point in the future.
Does it work with controller pads? If so which ones?
XBox 360 controller usually works. As for other controllers, you may need a 3rd party software

Hi everyone!

V016.png

It was a great update, I didn't expect Jetsilphymon as a character in this game, which leads me to think that in the near future we will have a giant penguin and a dinosaur-beetle as playable characters. I'm happy to see how the game is currently, but a little sad to see that there are few character slots left to fill. I still hope to have a Tyranomon evolutionary line added.

New Digimon:

New features:

New Ultra modes:

Unlockables:

As a child I want to have cool mecha digimon like Saintgargomon, as an adult I need to have humanoid digimon like Kazemon....
Thanks to dev team for the update
I see what you did there lol

No worries! I hope you enjoy our game!

Who knows. Just wait and hope lol. After all, who says we cannot add more roster slots?

Vieradri

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi everyone!

V016.png

New Digimon:

New features:

New Ultra modes:

Unlockables:

thank you! looks awesome!

Fezudu

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First of all thanks so much for this work, it's a really fun game. i played the 0.9 version first (still have here) and now downloaded the new version and it's great to see the improvement.

also i need to ask there's a way for me make backup of my save file? cause i formated my pc and lost all my progress in 0.9 and i found really boring the unlocking method for characters and i would like to have a my save secure in case of format or something.

raac11

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi everyone!

V016.png

New Digimon:

New features:

New Ultra modes:

Unlockables:

You can find t
Hi everyone!

V016.png

New Digimon:

New features:

New Ultra modes:

Unlockables:

he link in the first message of this thread. Enjo

omg the designs of dushmon and velgemon are incredible, every month it is a suffering to know what news they will bring us, and they do not disappoint the truth, wonderful work

One Random Guy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First of all thanks so much for this work, it's a really fun game. i played the 0.9 version first (still have here) and now downloaded the new version and it's great to see the improvement.

also i need to ask there's a way for me make backup of my save file? cause i formated my pc and lost all my progress in 0.9 and i found really boring the unlocking method for characters and i would like to have a my save secure in case of format or something.
You can do a back up at "C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\LocalLow\Draco74\ProjectDigimon". It's the file named Savedata.dat, obviously

IronMon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi, I downloaded the game about 2 days ago, after maybe a year later after finding out about this project (I found out thanks to ShadowShak, a youtuber that covers Digimon games, I found him because of Cyber Sleuth games) and I wanna share my impressions and words to the dev team (ALERT: Big Text Incoming).

First of all: Congratulations!
You guys did a great job. The game is impressive for a fan project, even more one that appears to be made only by a handfull of people. It's first quite impressive for the amount of content: dozens of playable Digimon (each with good quality voice and sounds), new stages, almost 10 different Arcade Paths, Special Battles with very good presentation, some unique and creative Ultimates, so much alternate colors for each Digimon... That's a lot.

I, like many other fans of the Rumble Arena fans, remember to this day the frustration that was Digimon All Star Rumble. So much hopes for that game... And it was not BAAAD, but it was lackluster. You can clearly see that it didn't had the budget to deliver more, and it didn't felt like a stepforward from where Rumble Arena 2 left off.
Even as a fan project this game fullfils that "lost hope" space that was in my heart as a gamer and Digimon fan, one that others Digimon games couldn't fullfil, despite my love for Hacker's Memory, it's not a Rumble Arena in the end of the day.

Gameplay is simple and effective, I like the way the game has a lot of mobility options with double jumps, Up Specials and Side Specials mixed.
Loved how you guys were creative with some movesets, like Belzebumon riding Behemoth for his Down Special, the Digimon Frontier heroes being able to change between Human and Beast form, Armadimon as a Sonic clone XD, and a bunch of very creative Ultimates ("Housemon" for Pinnochimon, Chaosdramon for Mugendramon, Grani for Dukemon, Ouryuken for Alphamon, Mercifull Mode for Omegamon, Blast Mode for Belzebumon...)
That stuff really shines and shows a "from fan to fan" message.

So far I played a little of everything, all Arcade Paths multiple times, Special Battles, some CPU battles for fun... Unlocked most of the Digimon, I'm missing Imperialdramon PM, NeoCrimson, Numegamon, Hackmon and some alternate megas, Varodurmon, Goldramon, Plesiomon, Imperialdramon DM and I think that's it.
Unlocking stuff was ok, some felt that may take too much time in the future considering the ever growing roster, like Dracomon/Justimon that requires clearing 4 times the Tamers Path. So maybe that could be reavaluated as the roster grows.
Other than that the only problem I faced when trying to unlock stuff was the limited options to retry a task. In Arcade you have 3 continues, most of the time fine, but once you lose 3 times it really stinks to not be able to just try it again. And I have a similar complain about Special Battles 2 where if you lose during the sequence you have to start over (and the 1st and 2nd battles are really simple). Unnecessary imho. I get the idea of a challenge in the game, but limited options to face the challenge are not the challenge in itself, it's just nedless time consuming. The overall AI difficult seems fine through the different settings and modes. I had moderate trouble in Arcade Path in Hard Mode and Special Battle 3, can't even beat the 1st part of Special Battle 1, and I lost 2 times against the Chaos trio in Special Battle 2 (no problem at all in the first 2 battles of that challenge). I have yet to unlock SB4.

Now another point, balance.
If big teams like Capcom and Netherrealm have problem with it of course it would affect this small project. Some Specials, mostly those which have multiple hits can take too much life when compared to others, stuff like SaberLeomon Neutral Special, Beowulfmon Neutral Special, and most "trap" specials (the ones that make smoke damaging areas on the ground) when used in the corner can deal way too much damage, and some like Beowulf's can easily cause extra damage with a fall from the stage. The startup animations and overall time that take to a Special to be active are also very good for some, and bad for others.
I also found possible to do some infinites on the corner, I did one with Holydramon on Omegamon, Our War Game stage in the boss fight o the Adventure Arcade Path, I only did the basic attack string and my opponent was helpless juggling in the air and traped between me and the wall. A similar case happened to me in the Special Battle 2 stage where ChaosSeadramon traped me in the corner with an infinite. I don't know about programing to point if it was due to the attack speed being to fast compared to the recovery speed or if it's more of a juggle problem (and some attacks juggle a lot in this game).

And regarding the Arcade Paths I foung Cherubimon (Vice) to be much more challenging than the other bosses, mostly duo to his Ultimate and the Special that summons 3 consecutive lightning bolts.
Pinnochimon Ultimate, "Housemon", also gave me quite a lot of trouble today with Dorumon, sometimes his spinning attack would mess my movement and I would be dragged to helpless lose a huge chunk of life (it was in Hard Mode).
Those were the 2 cases that game me a "Game Over" in Arcade Paths, I had trouble with Cherubimon other times (even on Easy), but only once I lost 4 consecutive times (I was using Biyomon).
A suggestion for Arcade Paths, I loved the "Brave Heart" remix during the end of the Arcade, maybe you guys could use remixes of the openings for the boss battle of the anime Arcade Paths. That would made the final battle so much hype.

In the overall battle experience I found the "regular" matches (between regular, non boss and non evolved mons) a bit, not much, long. While fighting a battle between 2 evolved mons, with Ultimates, the timing seemed fine.

Graphics and presentation I think are nice. The Digimon models are quite good. My only critique in that regard is about some Specials being still very unpolished in their effects (like Magnamon orbs or Seraphimon Seven Heavens, where the Special is just collored in a bland yellow), while BealialVandemon for example has a Special with a very nice dark sphere colored with red shadows in it, quite good looking. But I suppose you guys already plan to improve that, just a matter of time to make the roster more alike in regards to those effects.

And a small tidbit, don't remember the name of the stage, it's the one you fight in the end of the Tamers Path. That stage is way too big O.O
And I loved the design of the Our War Game stage.

Keep on with the good work. And thanks for the work :)

UncleRetro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Great Update so far so good with the frontier series in unexpected way <3
i still have a problem with 2 players mode,only 1 controller active at a time "even after using X360ce"
Help!

mmmicheletti1313

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know this is probably obvious to many people, but I'm not quite sure how to unlock megidramon. I know it's a puzzle and my guess it has to do with leomon and beezlemon.

IronMon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know this is probably obvious to many people, but I'm not quite sure how to unlock megidramon. I know it's a puzzle and my guess it has to do with leomon and beezlemon.
Nah, it's not that obvious, I checked a youtuber for the info.
Chose Leomon in Tamers Arcade Path, then in the Belzebumon fight (sub-boss) just lose it. The youtuber I saw selected the Hard difficult, dont know if it's necessary, I played it in Hard eitherway to make it sure
edited with something I forgot

Last edited:

XileVeliX

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Great Update so far so good with the frontier series in unexpected way <3
i still have a problem with 2 players mode,only 1 controller active at a time "even after using X360ce"
Help!
You need to set up your 2nd controller too in 360ce

mmmicheletti1313

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I think something changed in the game. When I did the thing to unlock Megidramon it didn't work.

losing gives me a do you wish to continue. Choosing not to continue doesn't unlock megidramon.

Lord_of_the_Dude

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi, I downloaded the game about 2 days ago, after maybe a year later after finding out about this project (I found out thanks to ShadowShak, a youtuber that covers Digimon games, I found him because of Cyber Sleuth games) and I wanna share my impressions and words to the dev team (ALERT: Big Text Incoming).

First of all: Congratulations!
You guys did a great job. The game is impressive for a fan project, even more one that appears to be made only by a handfull of people. It's first quite impressive for the amount of content: dozens of playable Digimon (each with good quality voice and sounds), new stages, almost 10 different Arcade Paths, Special Battles with very good presentation, some unique and creative Ultimates, so much alternate colors for each Digimon... That's a lot.

I, like many other fans of the Rumble Arena fans, remember to this day the frustration that was Digimon All Star Rumble. So much hopes for that game... And it was not BAAAD, but it was lackluster. You can clearly see that it didn't had the budget to deliver more, and it didn't felt like a stepforward from where Rumble Arena 2 left off.
Even as a fan project this game fullfils that "lost hope" space that was in my heart as a gamer and Digimon fan, one that others Digimon games couldn't fullfil, despite my love for Hacker's Memory, it's not a Rumble Arena in the end of the day.

Gameplay is simple and effective, I like the way the game has a lot of mobility options with double jumps, Up Specials and Side Specials mixed.
Loved how you guys were creative with some movesets, like Belzebumon riding Behemoth for his Down Special, the Digimon Frontier heroes being able to change between Human and Beast form, Armadimon as a Sonic clone XD, and a bunch of very creative Ultimates ("Housemon" for Pinnochimon, Chaosdramon for Mugendramon, Grani for Dukemon, Ouryuken for Alphamon, Mercifull Mode for Omegamon, Blast Mode for Belzebumon...)
That stuff really shines and shows a "from fan to fan" message.

So far I played a little of everything, all Arcade Paths multiple times, Special Battles, some CPU battles for fun... Unlocked most of the Digimon, I'm missing Imperialdramon PM, NeoCrimson, Numegamon, Hackmon and some alternate megas, Varodurmon, Goldramon, Plesiomon, Imperialdramon DM and I think that's it.
Unlocking stuff was ok, some felt that may take too much time in the future considering the ever growing roster, like Dracomon/Justimon that requires clearing 4 times the Tamers Path. So maybe that could be reavaluated as the roster grows.
Other than that the only problem I faced when trying to unlock stuff was the limited options to retry a task. In Arcade you have 3 continues, most of the time fine, but once you lose 3 times it really stinks to not be able to just try it again. And I have a similar complain about Special Battles 2 where if you lose during the sequence you have to start over (and the 1st and 2nd battles are really simple). Unnecessary imho. I get the idea of a challenge in the game, but limited options to face the challenge are not the challenge in itself, it's just nedless time consuming. The overall AI difficult seems fine through the different settings and modes. I had moderate trouble in Arcade Path in Hard Mode and Special Battle 3, can't even beat the 1st part of Special Battle 1, and I lost 2 times against the Chaos trio in Special Battle 2 (no problem at all in the first 2 battles of that challenge). I have yet to unlock SB4.

Now another point, balance.
If big teams like Capcom and Netherrealm have problem with it of course it would affect this small project. Some Specials, mostly those which have multiple hits can take too much life when compared to others, stuff like SaberLeomon Neutral Special, Beowulfmon Neutral Special, and most "trap" specials (the ones that make smoke damaging areas on the ground) when used in the corner can deal way too much damage, and some like Beowulf's can easily cause extra damage with a fall from the stage. The startup animations and overall time that take to a Special to be active are also very good for some, and bad for others.
I also found possible to do some infinites on the corner, I did one with Holydramon on Omegamon, Our War Game stage in the boss fight o the Adventure Arcade Path, I only did the basic attack string and my opponent was helpless juggling in the air and traped between me and the wall. A similar case happened to me in the Special Battle 2 stage where ChaosSeadramon traped me in the corner with an infinite. I don't know about programing to point if it was due to the attack speed being to fast compared to the recovery speed or if it's more of a juggle problem (and some attacks juggle a lot in this game).

And regarding the Arcade Paths I foung Cherubimon (Vice) to be much more challenging than the other bosses, mostly duo to his Ultimate and the Special that summons 3 consecutive lightning bolts.
Pinnochimon Ultimate, "Housemon", also gave me quite a lot of trouble today with Dorumon, sometimes his spinning attack would mess my movement and I would be dragged to helpless lose a huge chunk of life (it was in Hard Mode).
Those were the 2 cases that game me a "Game Over" in Arcade Paths, I had trouble with Cherubimon other times (even on Easy), but only once I lost 4 consecutive times (I was using Biyomon).
A suggestion for Arcade Paths, I loved the "Brave Heart" remix during the end of the Arcade, maybe you guys could use remixes of the openings for the boss battle of the anime Arcade Paths. That would made the final battle so much hype.

In the overall battle experience I found the "regular" matches (between regular, non boss and non evolved mons) a bit, not much, long. While fighting a battle between 2 evolved mons, with Ultimates, the timing seemed fine.

Graphics and presentation I think are nice. The Digimon models are quite good. My only critique in that regard is about some Specials being still very unpolished in their effects (like Magnamon orbs or Seraphimon Seven Heavens, where the Special is just collored in a bland yellow), while BealialVandemon for example has a Special with a very nice dark sphere colored with red shadows in it, quite good looking. But I suppose you guys already plan to improve that, just a matter of time to make the roster more alike in regards to those effects.

And a small tidbit, don't remember the name of the stage, it's the one you fight in the end of the Tamers Path. That stage is way too big O.O
And I loved the design of the Our War Game stage.

Keep on with the good work. And thanks for the work :)
What a huge wall of texts lol jk. I am glad that you like our game! We are doing our best to put many different unique contents in our game. We hope that they can increase the game's replay value. I also hope you will continue having fun in trying to unlock the characters, stages, and the secrets in our game.

As for the corner infinites, we are actually still trying to fix it, especially since it is fairly easy to abuse it. Hopefully we will be able to fix it in the future.

Regarding boss characters, Cherubimon (Vice) is indeed notorious for being one of the hardest bosses in all of the Arcade Paths, especially due to his Ultra Mode. Another one who comes close is Dukemon Crimson Mode with his incredibly fast and damaging attacks as well as Omegamon Merciful Mode with his completely merciless attacks lol. Housemon itself could also be challenging to some. The best strategy against him is to play keep away and gradually reduces its meter bar/HP. You can also attack Housemon while it is jumping, since it cannot attack at all when it jumps.

And by the end of Tamers Path, you mean Inner Hazard, right? That stage is meant to be bigger than the other boss stages. It also has an uneven surface. This is because we want to avoid making it look like a clone of Reapermon's Den or Chaos Lord's Domain

So I think something changed in the game. When I did the thing to unlock Megidramon it didn't work.

losing gives me a do you wish to continue. Choosing not to continue doesn't unlock megidramon.
I think this might be a bug. I will let @Draco74 know about it