Digimon Rumble Arena fangame

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since you’re making Agumon playable in the demo do you think you could also add the Savers model you talked about to be playable too even if it’s just a model swap? That would be rad and I look forward to playing it regardless! : D!!

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi!

I think I can have soon a playable demo-prototype for you to test the concept of the game. For now I'll activate 3 Digimon: Agumon (with Wargreymon), Gabumon (with Metalgarurumon), and Piedmon (like referencing the first season). The full gameplay will be far to be finished, but I want to show you the base I'm working with.

As said, I hope to have it soon!
Noiiiice~ That's awesome, dude! I cannot wait to try it out!

Draco74

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, here I have the playable demo:

Please keep in mind that everything is under progress, it may change in the future. Also, I want to indicate the controls (using keyboard, for now):

Player 1:
- Movement --> a, s, d, w
- Accept/Attack --> f
- Reject/Special --> g
- Digievolution --> y

Player 2:
- Movement --> right - left - up - down arrows
- Accept/Attack --> 1
- Reject/Special --> 2
- Digievolution --> 6
- Start/Activate --> Enter

Currently you have available the VS COMPUTER mode (unique difficulty, for now), and the multiplayer as well. The battles have just 1 round.

I hope you will like and enjoy this little demo, and I'll wait for your impressions ^^

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Please keep in mind that everything is under progress, it may change in the future. Also, I want to indicate the controls (using keyboard, for now):

Player 1:
- Accept/Attack --> f
- Reject/Special --> g
- Digievolution --> y

Player 2:
- Accept/Attack --> 1
- Reject/Special --> 2
- Digievolution --> 6

Currently you have available the VS COMPUTER mode (unique difficulty, for now), and the multiplayer as well. The battles have just 1 round.

I hope you will like and enjoy this little demo, and I'll wait for your impressions ^^
So I checked out the game and here are some feedbacks:

- For some reason, the multiplayer does not work when I try to press Enter. In fact, I don't think the Enter button does not function properly
- I think some of the animations are a bit too stiff as of now. Like Piedmon's dashing special sword slash and his normal kick animation. I think you also need to work on Agumon's down arrow + special animation, since I cannot really tell how he suddenly surrounds himself in flames.
- I think you need a better VFX when a character is defeated. Maybe something a bit more explosive?

Anyway, nice job, dude. I am content with the WIP so far. I hope you get a chance to finish it eventually.

Draco74

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Player 1:
- Accept/Attack --> f
- Reject/Special --> g
- Digievolution --> y

Player 2:
- Accept/Attack --> 1
- Reject/Special --> 2
- Digievolution --> 6

So I checked out the game and here are some feedbacks:

- For some reason, the multiplayer does not work when I try to press Enter. In fact, I don't think the Enter button does not function properly
- I think some of the animations are a bit too stiff as of now. Like Piedmon's dashing special sword slash and his normal kick animation. I think you also need to work on Agumon's down arrow + special animation, since I cannot really tell how he suddenly surrounds himself in flames.
- I think you need a better VFX when a character is defeated. Maybe something a bit more explosive?

Anyway, nice job, dude. I am content with the WIP so far. I hope you get a chance to finish it eventually.
Thanks for you comments! They are really useful for me, I will take them into account.

About your first comment, I think I didn't explain it very well in my previous comment. The buttons for the player 2 are in the numeric zone of the right side of the keyboard (for example, the "Enter" button is not the standard one, is the one available together with the numbers in the right side). I hope with this you will be able to play using 2 players (my idea is to keep the hands of the player 1 in the left side of the keyboard and, the ones for player 2, in the right side). Anyway in the future I will include compatibility with gamepads, for sure.

Completely agree with the effect when a character is defeated, I thought in maybe adding a camera shaking as well. But yes, something bigger is needed there!

Related to the animations, I will check them to be more natural (specially Agumon's down+Special, I completely understand your impressions). But I'm not a professional animator, don't expect too much hahaha.

Again, thank you! I hope you like the gameplay.

Bitou

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello,

I am really impressed that you have done.

I played the demo and I have some feedback:

• Balance Agumon´'s Pepper Breath you can spam and vanquish you enemy by pressing 1 button.
  • Options menu, where you can configure round, more health for longer battles, extend digivolve time, etc. (I'm not sure to put this point because its a demo, but i'll put it anyway).
  • Countdown before start the match, because it start too fast, same when finish, put some screen victory.
  • I saw the pick you posted of the game roster, and there are too many Knights, maybe you want to add diferent families to add variety to the project roster. Not all digimon are Royal Knights.
  • Recolor the flame skills of Yukiagumon and yukiWargreymon? to look white fire.
  • Wargreymon has an infinite combo, forward tornado + gaia force + forward tornado + gaia etc.. (EDIT: You can do the infinite just spamming Gaia Force)
  • Add the possibility to guard against enemy attacks (block).
  • Agumon's AI can´t jump in to the platforms in the first map, you can stay safe there.
  • A rematch option when battle is over or cursor remember to re pick faster your character.

These are more personal, there goes my suggestions:

• Make a discord for the project, it easier to us to give feedback and for you to publish news, updates or progress.
  • Extend the lines (I know this is too much), like Rumble Arena 2 where you could cycle through various stages of the evo line.
  • Its related to the above, you could add rookie stage for Piedmon, you could use the assets of PicoDevimon/DemiDevimon from DMO.
For the rest of the players: You can use a software called JoytoKey to attach the keys to your controller, it works very well (I'm using right now).

I didn't expect a project like that, not even a playable demo, keep it up your project is amazing.

Last edited:

Khyze

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hell yeah, I love it more than expected, I also tried to make a remake of this (but I decided it needs to be redone, in Unity too, teach me senpai :*), is nothing like yours (congratulations *-*)

It is a WIP, so I guess some stuff will need to be implemented, you forgot to tell us how to jump (Spacebar for P1 and Numpad 0 for P2)

I realised Gabumon is faster than Agumon, will the characters have stats? I guess it will ruin the Rumble Arena original look, but I guess it would be smooth to see the stats on character select screen (Strength, Speed, Jump? Maybe evolution speed for those with low stats)

I wish you good luck with the project! I love you :v

Edit: Btw, I forgot to say that it goes smoothly on my potato PC without GPU (At least in the lowest quality settings)

It worked for me :D

- I think you also need to work on Agumon's down arrow + special animation, since I cannot really tell how he suddenly surrounds himself in flames.
For me it seems that he throws fire on the floor and it bounces? (I'm pretty sure that is what he do), looks odd in water (How to fix? Well, spin and throw fire around you) it also looks odd in mid-air, but I guess later we will get air attacks.

• Options menu, where you can configure round, more health for longer battles, extend digivolve time, etc. (I'm not sure to put this point because its a demo, but i'll put it anyway).
Don't forget input customization! (Yeah, is better that way, now he knows what to add to the "to-do list" unless he already has those ideas)

• Countdown before start the match, because it start too fast, same when finish, put some screen victory.
Faster means more time playing and less time waiting, but yeah, even a quick 3, 2, 1, Go that last 1 second would be enough :p (I don't mind the quick finish tough)

• Recolor the flame skills of Yukiagumon and yukiWargreymon? to look white fire.
White feels more like holy attacks (and a little yellowish too), blue would fit better (or aqua, which is more whitish)

Last edited:

Draco74

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow! Thank you so much for the comments, I really appreciate them!

Hello,

• Balance Agumon´'s Pepper Breath you can spam and vanquish you enemy by pressing 1 button.
  • I saw the pick you posted of the game roster, and there are too many Knights, maybe you want to add diferent families to add variety to the project roster. Not all digimon are Royal Knights.
  • Wargreymon has an infinite combo, forward tornado + gaia force + forward tornado + gaia etc.. (EDIT: You can do the infinite just spamming Gaia Force)
  • Agumon's AI can´t jump in to the platforms in the first map, you can stay safe there.
  • A rematch option when battle is over or cursor remember to re pick faster your character.

• Make a discord for the project, it easier to us to give feedback and for you to publish news, updates or progress.
  • Extend the lines (I know this is too much), like Rumble Arena 2 where you could cycle through various stages of the evo line.
  • Its related to the above, you could add rookie stage for Piedmon, you could use the assets of PicoDevimon/DemiDevimon from DMO.
For the rest of the players: You can use a software called JoytoKey to attach the keys to your controller, it works very well (I'm using right now).

I didn't expect a project like that, not even a playable demo, keep it up your project is amazing.
I'm impressed with the detail of your commented points, this will be very useful for me! In fact you mentioned some key topics, like possibility to spam with some of the attacks (Wargreymon is just OP right now). I'm not really sure of the best approach to manage this, maybe adding a timing between attack and attack? (I mean, you cannot use a second Gaia Force inmediately for example).
Very interesting as well the point related to the guard action. I removed it intentionally, to obtain a more crazy gameplay. Do you think it would be nice to have?
Then, about the recolors in the attacks. For the second costume of the Digimons I try to use cool ones, but at the end they are just recolors, not the real Digimon (to put an example here, Agumon and Wargreymon could have the Black version as alternative costume, but they don't. Why? Because BlackWargreymon is a separate Digimon in the roster). I think the attacks and effects should remain with the same colors because of this.

Thanks again for your comment, I will check everything ^^

Hell yeah, I love it more than expected, I also tried to make a remake of this (but I decided it needs to be redone, in Unity too, teach me senpai :*), is nothing like yours (congratulations *-*)

It is a WIP, so I guess some stuff will need to be implemented, you forgot to tell us how to jump (Spacebar for P1 and Numpad 0 for P2)

I realised Gabumon is faster than Agumon, will the characters have stats? I guess it will ruin the Rumble Arena original look, but I guess it would be smooth to see the stats on character select screen (Strength, Speed, Jump? Maybe evolution speed for those with low stats)

Edit: Btw, I forgot to say that it goes smoothly on my potato PC without GPU (At least in the lowest quality settings)

- I think you also need to work on Agumon's down arrow + special animation, since I cannot really tell how he suddenly surrounds himself in flames.
For me it seems that he throws fire on the floor and it bounces? (I'm pretty sure that is what he do), looks odd in water (How to fix? Well, spin and throw fire around you) it also looks odd in mid-air, but I guess later we will get air attacks.

Don't forget input customization! (Yeah, is better that way, now he knows what to add to the "to-do list" unless he already has those ideas)

Faster means more time playing and less time waiting, but yeah, even a quick 3, 2, 1, Go that last 1 second would be enough :p (I don't mind the quick finish tough)

White feels more like holy attacks (and a little yellowish too), blue would fit better (or aqua, which is more whitish)
Thank you! I really glad to know that you liked my little demo. This project is done in my free time and it grows slowly, unfortunately. And, I perfectly know that I'm not a professional animator/coder, so my goal is just to make something playable and funny to play with.

As you mention, the project is starting and I'm still defining the base for it (the gameplay). After that I will include more things, of course! ^^

Bitou

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow! Thank you so much for the comments, I really appreciate them!

Hello,

I'm impressed with the detail of your commented points, this will be very useful for me! In fact you mentioned some key topics, like possibility to spam with some of the attacks (Wargreymon is just OP right now). I'm not really sure of the best approach to manage this, maybe adding a timing between attack and attack? (I mean, you cannot use a second Gaia Force inmediately for example).
Very interesting as well the point related to the guard action. I removed it intentionally, to obtain a more crazy gameplay. Do you think it would be nice to have?
Then, about the recolors in the attacks. For the second costume of the Digimons I try to use cool ones, but at the end they are just recolors, not the real Digimon (to put an example here, Agumon and Wargreymon could have the Black version as alternative costume, but they don't. Why? Because BlackWargreymon is a separate Digimon in the roster). I think the attacks and effects should remain with the same colors because of this.

Thanks again for your comment, I will check everything ^^

Thank you! I really glad to know that you liked my little demo. This project is done in my free time and it grows slowly, unfortunately. And, I perfectly know that I'm not a professional animator/coder, so my goal is just to make something playable and funny to play with.

As you mention, the project is starting and I'm still defining the base for it (the gameplay). After that I will include more things, of course! ^^
Thank you very much for appreciate my feedback I tried to do my best because the project deserves it.

About the spam of the skills in fighting games is usual to add time after you make the move, during that time the oponent can punish you if you miss, or your move can hit or be blocked. Usually this time is bigger with heavy moves but that deals great damage. You already did very well with Piedmon Dark Energy Ball, you can take this as an example, is a heavy move with a huge range and size (harder to dodge, you must have this in count) but takes time to cast and its not spammeable, but is a great move for certain situations.

I think block is a must in every fighting game, without block there is no skill just the two players spamming the button waiting to attack first, but if you see that the opponent is going to atack you and you can block, you can take advantage of the block stun (is the time where you can punish the enemy), if you block his 3-hit combo and you put a time for punish, you can take advantage of the rival mistake. You can also reduce the damage of zonning (oponent throwing things at you from the distance), for example if you have a char that is great at close combat vs one that is great at long range, you can block the enemy projectiles and have the chance for more opportunities to get closer, without block you may eat everything the opponent throws at you that can´t be dodge with jumping.

I got fooled because you put real variants as second color haha, so I think is alright as it is.

I´'ll keep an eye on your project and if you release more version I'll try to give you some feedback as way to thank you for making the game :D

Monsuta Man

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watching this thread closely......and one of the reasons I joined the boards actually lol....to reply to this among other things.

gee5407

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hope to see my favourite Metalseadramon in game...with option to digivolve from betamon

Draco74

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi everyone!

I will publish soon an updated version of the demo with the following changes:

- New playable Digimon: Veemon (with Imperialdramon), Guilmon (with Gallantmon), BlackWargreymon
- New temporary mode in the menu: Fight against Reapermon
- AI improved
- Battles still with 1 round, but the life bar has been extended
- New "Guard" move to add more options (when guarding the damage will be reduced to a 25%)

I'm still checking the last details for it, but I hope you will enjoy it

Draco74

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi again,

As said, here you have the new version of the demo:

I mention again that you have to consider that this project is currently ongoing, so the things you see here may change in the future. I indicate the controls (updated as well):

Player 1:
- Jump --> space
- Accept/Attack --> f
- Reject/Special --> g
- Guard --> h
- Digievolution --> y

Player 2 (using the number buttons in the right side of the keyboard):
- Jump --> 0
- Accept/Attack --> 1
- Reject/Special --> 2
- Guard --> 3
- Digievolution --> 6

Thank you for all your comments in the first version I published! I have tried to apply your suggestions and I think the result is quite good! Enjoy it ^^

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I tried playing the new version. I got to say, nice job for improving the gameplay. I like how you add cooldowns for each projectile attack. I also like how you improved Agumon's down + special animation.

Now here are a few comments from me:

- BlackWarGreymon and WarGreymon's Terra Force explode immediately in the corner instead of being thrown. Here is the screenshot to see what I am talking about.

- I think you should prevent the characters from colliding into each other. You can see the example here

- I think the character should not receive any chip damages when they are guarding from regular attacks. The chip damages should come from special attacks or super moves (if you decided to implement that system later). To keep players from guarding forever, you can just give every character grappling moves.

- Well, this is more like a nitpick, but I think V-Headbutt should also be used for Veemon's forward + special instead of V Punch. It will look more natural that way in my opinion.

- Another thing is that I believe Dukemon's Final Elysium and WarGreymon's Terra Force should be reserved for their Super Moves. Maybe you can replace Dukemon's down + special with Royal Saber where he creates a shockwave from his lance and Terra Force with Grey Fire (basically a smaller version of Terra Force)

- Now I am not sure if your original intention is to make Reapermon more balanced. But for me, he is not as difficult to fight against as he used to. Maybe it's the AI? Also, his Grim Slasher and Bone Duster are not as overpowered as they were before. Because in the old game, both of his special moves keep his opponent in position. He can also immediately perform his Bone Duster after he uses Grim Slasher.

Overall, good job, dude! Also, can I share the beta on my local Facebook Digimon group?

Last edited:

Draco74

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I tried playing the new version. I got to say, nice job for improving the gameplay. I like how you add cooldowns for each projectile attack. I also like how you improved Agumon's down + special animation.

- BlackWarGreymon and WarGreymon's Terra Force explode immediately in the corner instead of being thrown. Here is the screenshot to see what I am talking about.

- I think you should prevent the characters from colliding into each other. You can see the example here

- I think the character should not receive any chip damages when they are guarding from regular attacks. The chip damages should come from special attacks or super moves (if you decided to implement that system later). To keep players from guarding forever, you can just give every character grappling moves.

- Well, this is more like a nitpick, but I think V-Headbutt should also be used for Veemon's forward + special instead of V Punch. It will look more natural that way in my opinion.

- Another thing is that I believe Dukemon's Final Elysium and WarGreymon's Terra Force should be reserved for their Super Moves. Maybe you can replace Dukemon's down + special with Royal Saber where he creates a shockwave from his lance and Terra Force with Grey Fire (basically a smaller version of Terra Force)

- Now I am not sure if your original intention is to make Reapermon more balanced. But for me, he is not as difficult to fight against as he used to. Maybe it's the AI? Also, his Grim Slasher and Bone Duster are not as overpowered as they were before. Because in the old game, both of his special moves keep his opponent in position. He can also immediately perform his Bone Duster after he uses Grim Slasher.

Overall, good job, dude! Also, can I share the beta on my local Facebook Digimon group?
Thank you for the feedback! A lot of interesting points you mentioned here:

- About the first two points, I will check it. Terra Force must not explode when being thrown in the corner, this is a bug I have to fix. And related to your second point, I have to activate it and see how it works. For now the current behavior is intentional.

- About the guard and the chip damage, currently there is no other system implemented to control the guard, and for me this is a way to avoid its spamming (as I did not have in mind to add the grappling moves). And the same for the force that push the characters when using the guard and receive an impact (for now this is not important with the current stages, but it will be funny with some others where you can fall off).

- Do you think Veemon would improve by adding V-Headbutt as Special+Forward move? I've done it to use a lot its fists, being V-Headbutt the Special+Up currently.

- This point about possible final attacks is interesting. The special movements were discarted when I planned this game, and instead of them I implemented the "Ultra" mode when you select directly a Mega Digimon. These movements currently have bigger cool down (like Gallantmon's Special+Down, as you mention).

- Reapermon is tricky. As you say, in the original game it was OP because it was the final boss, but here I have taken as reference that Reapermon to adapt it in the game. About the gameplay I'm based as well in Digimon Rumble Arena 2 system, a more agile gameplay. The bosses there (MaloMyotismon, for example) are strong but not OP like Reapermon in the first game. To compensate this I made the AI a bit more aggressive (considerating that for now I have a unique difficult (it can be the Normal one), but I can make it stronger/spammer for the higher difficulties) and I added more life to Reapermon, to make the fight a bit more challenging. I still have to completely define how the boss fights will be, because more Digimon in the game can be taken as bosses.

Thanks again for your feedback, so interesting and useful ^^

I want to add an extra comment here, and is that I intentionally disabled the Mega Forms to be selected directly evolved in the demo. I want to replicate the Arcade mode in Rumble Arena 1.

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

- About the first two points, I will check it. Terra Force must not explode when being thrown in the corner, this is a bug I have to fix. And related to your second point, I have to activate it and see how it works. For now the current behavior is intentional.

- About the guard and the chip damage, currently there is no other system implemented to control the guard, and for me this is a way to avoid its spamming (as I did not have in mind to add the grappling moves). And the same for the force that push the characters when using the guard and receive an impact (for now this is not important with the current stages, but it will be funny with some others where you can fall off).

- Do you think Veemon would improve by adding V-Headbutt as Special+Forward move? I've done it to use a lot its fists, being V-Headbutt the Special+Up currently.

- This point about possible final attacks is interesting. The special movements were discarted when I planned this game, and instead of them I implemented the "Ultra" mode when you select directly a Mega Digimon. These movements currently have bigger cool down (like Gallantmon's Special+Down, as you mention).

- Reapermon is tricky. As you say, in the original game it was OP because it was the final boss, but here I have taken as reference that Reapermon to adapt it in the game. About the gameplay I'm based as well in Digimon Rumble Arena 2 system, a more agile gameplay. The bosses there (MaloMyotismon, for example) are strong but not OP like Reapermon in the first game. To compensate this I made the AI a bit more aggressive (considerating that for now I have a unique difficult (it can be the Normal one), but I can make it stronger/spammer for the higher difficulties) and I added more life to Reapermon, to make the fight a bit more challenging. I still have to completely define how the boss fights will be, because more Digimon in the game can be taken as bosses.

I want to add an extra comment here, and is that I intentionally disabled the Mega Forms to be selected directly evolved in the demo. I want to replicate the Arcade mode in Rumble Arena 1.
No problem, buddy. I am glad I can help. Sorry I have not been able to work on the animation data. Work has been getting in the way and I have not figured out how to convert the animations to 3DMax. Though I saw a video where I could convert MMD animations to Unity. Do you think that will help?

Also, I noticed that Guilmon does not have a cooldown on his Pyro Sphere special move yet. I could even beat Reapermon simply by pressing the same button over and over again lol. There is also a bug where he started shooting the fireball towards the screen, even though the fireball still travels towards his opponent. I did not have a chance to screenshot it though. So maybe you can check it out later.

As for my comment on Veemon Headbutt for his forward special move, it is just my personal preference lol. I mean, he already got Boom Boom Punch and the regular Vee Punch. Plus, the forward Vee Punch animation kind of looks weird as of now, since it looks like someone is pushing him from behind while he is just using the regular Vee Punch (if that makes any sense). So I thought it would be easier for you as well to replace the animation with a forward headbutt attack. Again, this is just my personal opinion. So take it with a grain of salt.

Anyway, you are welcome. I am sharing this demo to my friends as well. I will let you know if they also have feedbacks for the gameplay so far.

Draco74

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

No problem, buddy. I am glad I can help. Sorry I have not been able to work on the animation data. Work has been getting in the way and I have not figured out how to convert the animations to 3DMax. Though I saw a video where I could convert MMD animations to Unity. Do you think that will help?

Also, I noticed that Guilmon does not have a cooldown on his Pyro Sphere special move yet. I could even beat Reapermon simply by pressing the same button over and over again lol. There is also a bug where he started shooting the fireball towards the screen, even though the fireball still travels towards his opponent. I did not have a chance to screenshot it though. So maybe you can check it out later.

As for my comment on Veemon Headbutt for his forward special move, it is just my personal preference lol. I mean, he already got Boom Boom Punch and the regular Vee Punch. Plus, the forward Vee Punch animation kind of looks weird as of now, since it looks like someone is pushing him from behind while he is just using the regular Vee Punch (if that makes any sense). So I thought it would be easier for you as well to replace the animation with a forward headbutt attack. Again, this is just my personal opinion. So take it with a grain of salt.

Anyway, you are welcome. I am sharing this demo to my friends as well. I will let you know if they also have feedbacks for the gameplay so far.
Uh, no idea about the MMD animations. I have a bit of experience with MMD models, but no with animations using this format. The reason why I mention 3DS Max is because I prepare all animations there and then I export them to Unity (I have a script to import and use the animations to the engine easily coming from 3DS Max (.FBX format)).

Hahaha sincerely, the rookies don't have cooldowns except in some concrete cases, but I see I have to control their projectiles as well. Thanks for the comment. And about the error you mention with Guilmon, right now I don't really understand the issue. I've tried a battle just spamming Pyro Sphere to see if I can trigger something weird but I didn't see anything. If it happens again tell me.

I will check the Special+Forward animation for Veemon, maybe I can add some frames of preparation for the attack, to make it look more natural.

Sorry, I forgot before to say something about your proposal to share the demo. Of course you can! I'm making this project for the Digimon fans ^^

Bitou

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello I'm here again trying the new demo and giving some feedback. First of all I want to congratulate you because it feels more polished now in every way, the guard addition, the improved AI and the more HP making the combat last more than 8 seconds.

As Lord_of_the_Dude said, the chip damage is usual when block specials (Except in Mortal Kombat). To prevent the enemy turtle you blocking all day is the grabs or techs, so if the oponnents abuse from guard, you can punish him, it adds more strategy and depth to the gameplay. Another way to punish the enemy abusing guard is to make the guard has a resistance bar and after sereval hits, the guard breaks and stun the rival. You could implement both if you like the both ideas because they are compatible.

About the final attacks, in Rumble Arena 1, you could spend the bar using the fina move, but you can still implement this to make the final move while burst mode, but if used you will exit out of burst mode. Or you could put two ways to spend the bar, if you press a button or a button combination (F+H for example) you enter in the burst mode, but if you press other combination you make the final move, both spend your bar, sdo depending the situation you will use on or another.

Now here's some things I detect:

-Guilmon can spam the flame.
-You can use the 3 tornados with Wargreymon and Blackwargreymon + Gaia and make a decent spam, while you use the second and 3rd tornado the cooldown of the first is refreshed so you do Gaia and then the first tornado, then the cooldown of the 2nd and 3rd refresh.
-You need to be careful that the delay of special dont private the player to make combos, else not spam.

Suggestions:

-Do you have plans to implements item like rumble arena?
-More completed lines, not just the Rookie -> Mega, feels too rushed, maybe add another evolutionary stage (I know this is a HUGE task, but it could be great).
-More variety of digimon, too many protagonist digimon, there are interesting lines over there (I'm talking from what you showed to us know maybe your plans are different).
-Based on the screenshot that you posted 2 pages behind, the 3rd line is for the megas, if you would need more slots for characters, maybe you could put as selectable inside their rookie slot, you pick the rookie, the a submenu appears asking you rookie or mega and the the color. This way you would optimize slot without modifiyng the screenpack in case you need them.

I played a few matches yet, i'll edit if find something else.

Im enjoying this too much, thank you very much for bring this to us.

Last edited:

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So if I convert the animation data from MMD to Unity, will it be much more helpful for you?

Alright then. Best of luck to you, dude.

And I have shared the demo to my local Digimon group. Most of them thought it was fake game screenshots at first until I recorded my gameplay lol

Draco74

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello I'm here again trying the new demo and giving some feedback. First of all I want to congratulate you because it feels more polished now in every way, the guard addition, the improved AI and the more HP making the combat last more than 8 seconds.

As Lord_of_the_Dude said, the chip damage is usual when block specials (Except in Mortal Kombat). To prevent the enemy turtle you blocking all day is the grabs or techs, so if the oponnents abuse from guard, you can punish him, it adds more strategy and depth to the gameplay. Another way to punish the enemy abusing guard is to make the guard has a resistance bar and after sereval hits, the guard breaks and stun the rival. You could implement both if you like the both ideas because they are compatible.

About the final attacks, in Rumble Arena 1, you could spend the bar using the fina move, but you can still implement this to make the final move while burst mode, but if used you will exit out of burst mode. Or you could put two ways to spend the bar, if you press a button or a button combination (F+H for example) you enter in the burst mode, but if you press other combination you make the final move, both spend your bar, sdo depending the situation you will use on or another.

Now here's some things I detect:

-You can use the 3 tornados with Wargreymon and Blackwargreymon + Gaia and make a decent spam, while you use the second and 3rd tornado the cooldown of the first is refreshed so you do Gaia and then the first tornado, then the cooldown of the 2nd and 3rd refresh.
-You need to be careful that the delay of special dont private the player to make combos, else not spam.

Suggestions:

-More completed lines, not just the Rookie -> Mega, feels too rushed, maybe add another evolutionary stage (I know this is a HUGE task, but it could be great).
-More variety of digimon, too many protagonist digimon, there are interesting lines over there (I'm talking from what you showed to us know maybe your plans are different).
-Based on the screenshot that you posted 2 pages behind, the 3rd line is for the megas, if you would need more slots for characters, maybe you could put as selectable inside their rookie slot, you pick the rookie, the a submenu appears asking you rookie or mega and the the color. This way you would optimize slot without modifiyng the screenpack in case you need them.

I played a few matches yet, i'll edit if find something else.

Im enjoying this too much, thank you very much for bring this to us.
Thank you so much for the comments, I glad to know you like it! You mention here a lot of interesting concepts, let me comment them:

The final attack is something I discarted for this game and for now I will leave it like it is. But no doubt that what you mention here is an interesting approach in case I want to add them in the future, thank you for that.

You're right. Lord_of_the_Dude commented the same before, Guilmon can be sooo spammer right now. I have to add cool downs to the rookies too. And the same for Wargreymon, in fact this case is special as more than one movement has the same attack. I will modify it to use the same timing for all three tornados.

And about your suggestions:

Yes! I want to implement them as well.

I put these together because they are related, more or less. Since the beginning I had clear that I wanted to do a game using the concept of Rumble Arena 1, and its life bar system. This system is adding difficulty in case you want to add more Digimon into the line (like in Rumble Arena 2), and is something I don't have in mind for this game.
About the variety, right now I prioritized the protagonist Digimon but I will add more with the time. And I really like your suggestion about the slots in the selection menu. I will think on it.

So if I convert the animation data from MMD to Unity, will it be much more helpful for you?

Alright then. Best of luck to you, dude.

And I have shared the demo to my local Digimon group. Most of them thought it was fake game screenshots at first until I recorded my gameplay lol
We can do a try with the animations, I cannot ensure it without trying it. You can prepare a test animation and we can see if it works.

Thanks for sharing the demo, I hope they will like it!