Digimon Rumble Arena fangame

Dinorexmon25

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
sooo i dont suppose you'd consider adding Dinorexmon to the game would you? Im only asking because he's a cool digimon but doesn't exist in any of the current digimon video games

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
sooo i dont suppose you'd consider adding Dinorexmon to the game would you? Im only asking because he's a cool digimon but doesn't exist in any of the current digimon video games
Perhaps in the future, since we don't have Dinorexmon 3D model yet

ahmad98

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Excuse me
When I try to confugure my Joystick, I tried Ps4 controller and A normal cheap pc joystick, both when I try to configure the Arrows or analog doesn't respond when I click them ,only the X and R , L buttons

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Excuse me
When I try to confugure my Joystick, I tried Ps4 controller and A normal cheap pc joystick, both when I try to configure the Arrows or analog doesn't respond when I click them ,only the X and R , L buttons
Hi! How are you trying to configure them? I'm checking the PS4 controller map and it should work with the default configuration (but with some buttons changed):

In case you're editing the input configuration by yourself you can use this map.

I cannot provide more info here because I only have the Xbox controller, but technically it should work in the same way.

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Draco74 Yo, I found a few more bugs. Sometimes, the VFX of Terriermon and Tentomon Down + Special still appear even after they fell from the stages. Also, MegaGargomon's missiles still follow the enemy after they fell and returned back to the stages. And I think you should also place one of the missiles a few inches in front of the other. That way, the players can tell that MegaGargomon actually fires two missiles. Because at the moment, it looks like he is just firing one missile.

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi all!

Happy new year, first of all. New year, and new updates! I hope you like this one:

Changes:
- New playable Digimon: Omnimon
- Arcade mode extended: Arcade paths! (please check explanation below)
- When choosing Digimon to play Arcade, you will see if the selected one has completed or not the current Arcade path
- 3 playable Arcade paths
- New playable stage: Mecha Factory (no hazards for now)
- Fixed issue when choosing Digimon in VS COMPUTER mode where the control input is changed to keyboard accidentally
- Metalgarurumon's UI face has been updated
- Megagargomon has been updated to have the "ears" extended
- Imperialdramon's special+Up has now some wind effect
- Terriermon's special ball won't impact the corner if you are close to them when doing the attack

Well, what is "Arcade paths"?
This is an extension to the classic Arcade mode, where you can choose which path you want to follow. Each path has specific battles inspired on some moments from the Digimon franchise. Right now 3 paths are available, but only 1 is playable by default (the other 2 must be unlocked):
- Path 1: RUMBLE ARENA. Inspired by the original Arcade from RA1, you will only see Digimon from that game here. The final boss is Reapermon. Complete it to unlock it and unlock path 2.
- Path 2: OUR WAR GAME. Inspired by the movie where Diaboromon makes its appearance, you will have to defeat a lot of Keramon to finally fight in the boss battle. Complete it to unlock Keramon (now locked by default) and, if completed with Agumon and Gabumon, unlock path 3.
- Path 3: DIGIMON ADVENTURE. Inspired by season 1, this path is full of nostalgia and you will only see Digimon from season 1. Complete it to unlock Omnimon.

More paths will be added in the next updates, I think is something we can have fun with and make Arcade something more interesting. Ah, btw, Omnimon can be unlocked by password too for the ones that cannot wait to try it. I'm sure you will find which is the password ^^

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think you need to cover some basic points before keeping expanding the game:
  • With different arcade path to unlock and some character to unlock maybe we need a save game system
  • You need to implement the continue possibility after losing (you can put a switch to disable it in options if someone wants to go hardcore).
Now the things i want to comment:
  • I don't know but i fight vs Terriermon on hard in the arcade mode, in fight 4 (where you fight in the factory), and he spammed tornados, i didn't play too much with him but maybe need a cooldown.
  • Add in which stage are you in the loading screen an in battle, for example if you are in the fight of the artic freeze you are in the stage 2. Maybe you want to announce in the path select how many stages does it has each path, supposing that both doesnt have the same count of stages.
  • I feel the platforms of the factory a bit hard to reach like happened with aric freeze when implemented.
  • As you modified gargomon's ears, i hope you can increase the size of mugen cannons in the model (not the projectile, the artifact).
  • The versus and time in battle i think they are basic lacking options.

I played a bit not even test omegamon yet, because i started an arcade an lost in the 4th stage haha. When I can i'll give a better test.

kisais

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How to unlock onimon btw? hehe

ah use password character "SERIUS" haha

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think you need to cover some basic points before keeping expanding the game:
  • With different arcade path to unlock and some character to unlock maybe we need a save game system
  • You need to implement the continue possibility after losing (you can put a switch to disable it in options if someone wants to go hardcore).
Now the things i want to comment:
  • I don't know but i fight vs Terriermon on hard in the arcade mode, in fight 4 (where you fight in the factory), and he spammed tornados, i didn't play too much with him but maybe need a cooldown.
  • Add in which stage are you in the loading screen an in battle, for example if you are in the fight of the artic freeze you are in the stage 2. Maybe you want to announce in the path select how many stages does it has each path, supposing that both doesnt have the same count of stages.
  • I feel the platforms of the factory a bit hard to reach like happened with aric freeze when implemented.
  • As you modified gargomon's ears, i hope you can increase the size of mugen cannons in the model (not the projectile, the artifact).
  • The versus and time in battle i think they are basic lacking options.

I played a bit not even test omegamon yet, because i started an arcade an lost in the 4th stage haha. When I can i'll give a better test.
Very good points, I agree. The savedata is not enabled because I'm thinking on the best way to manage the versions. To compensate this a bit I put the password for Omnimon, at least you can play with it without completing the paths.
Taking note of all adjustments, thank you. Just a question about the point for the platforms in Mecha Factory, do you mean that the size is too big maybe?

Can you explain a bit the last point you mention? I don't understand it, sorry.

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The savedata is not enabled because I'm thinking on the best way to manage the versions.
That's make sense

Just a question about the point for the platforms in Mecha Factory, do you mean that the size is too big maybe?
The first platform is very hard to reach, you need to use the double jump and speacial+up, but now you mention it, i think they can be less tall, they are almost joined one of another due to their size. (I hope it explained well, if not, ask).

Can you explain a bit the last point you mention? I don't understand it, sorry.
My bad, i was meaning to rounds and time.

oku

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The arrow buttons on my controllers don't work either, only the joystick.

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, only the joystick is mapped. I take note and I will try to map the direction buttons too

oku

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, only the joystick is mapped. I take note and I will try to map the direction buttons too
Awesome!

Will the game eventually allow 4 players because imo the map is a bit too big for 2.

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome!

Will the game eventually allow 4 players because imo the map is a bit too big for 2.
It's complicated because the battle system, this one should change to allow more fighters in the battle. For now it's not planned

WeepingWillow

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, I've been trying this out a good bit, and have noticed a couple of things that might need to be adjusted at some point. The Digimon have a very strange sense of weight, jumping feels very heavy, and isn't a massive issue, though they do feel like they fall back down faster than in any other 2d fighting game I've tried, while the running/walking feels completely weightless, there is no acceleration, nothing. Because of this weird weight situation, some Digimon feel even more strange. Vikemon, Mugendramon/Machinedramon, and Imperialdramon, for example, feel far too fast. they look like they should be slower, heavy hitters, but move just as fast as any other digimon, and hit just as hard as all the Evolved Digimon. Making a Digimon like Mugendramon feel heavy and slow would give him a sense of power over other digimon, while making a Digimon like Wargreymon faster would make him feel balanced. I can understand why this might not be done yet, balancing the Digimon is probably hard enough as is without taking into account these details, but these still should probably be adjusted.

Dinorexmon25

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ooh what about mastertyranomon as a character, he is a fighter and has 3 offensive moves(Master fire, master claw, and hyper heat blast) elecmon and elecmon violet could work as a rookie form for him, or just have him as a solo like omnimon and reapermon.

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, I've been trying this out a good bit, and have noticed a couple of things that might need to be adjusted at some point. The Digimon have a very strange sense of weight, jumping feels very heavy, and isn't a massive issue, though they do feel like they fall back down faster than in any other 2d fighting game I've tried, while the running/walking feels completely weightless, there is no acceleration, nothing. Because of this weird weight situation, some Digimon feel even more strange. Vikemon, Mugendramon/Machinedramon, and Imperialdramon, for example, feel far too fast. they look like they should be slower, heavy hitters, but move just as fast as any other digimon, and hit just as hard as all the Evolved Digimon. Making a Digimon like Mugendramon feel heavy and slow would give him a sense of power over other digimon, while making a Digimon like Wargreymon faster would make him feel balanced. I can understand why this might not be done yet, balancing the Digimon is probably hard enough as is without taking into account these details, but these still should probably be adjusted.
I agree with you. The characters will need to be adjusted further once the cast is complete. As of now, the supposedly heavy hitters like Mugendramon and Vikemon need to have their overall speed and strength adjusted. I would not say the same for Imperialdramon tho since he has always been quite agile despite his size back in the old game.