Digimon Rumble Arena fangame

Draco74

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd change Agumon 2006's color to look more yellow, help make it stand out more from OG Agumon.

BTW the project itself seems pretty intriguing! Which engine are you building this on?
Thanks for the comment! I'm using Unity to build the game.

I'd change Agumon 2006's color to look more yellow, help make it stand out from OG Agumon.
Please don’t. If you absolutely have to do that for whatever reason then his alternate color absolutely needs to be the same exact color as OG Agumon. There is no reason why people who prefer Savers Agumon should not be able to play as the actual Savers Agumon, even more so in situations like if Savers Agumon is selected and OG Agumon isn’t even present in the same battle. That would just be a slap in the face to Savers fans for no reason. :c

Also, is Gomamon a playable character? He was in all the previous Rumble games and he’s my favorite ever Digimon in life. You don’t need to make his evolutions playable or anything, but please, please put Gomamon himself and I’ll play the game a ton when it comes out! : D
Hahaha in fact the roster is not closed at all. I have part of them already thought, but not all. I will seriously consider Gomamon then, I've chosen some of the Digimon because I like them as well

Mister_Bopi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This looks really cool so far!
What Digimon will be added in the future? I'd love to see Etemon!
Or maybe add some more lesser known Digimon, which still have a close combat fighting style like Ninjamon, Apemon, Musyamon..

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Or maybe add some more lesser known Digimon, which still have a close combat fighting style like Ninjamon, Apemon, Musyamon..
That depends entirely on his 3D modeling skills, and that takes time and effort. So you'll have to hope that there's a model of a fave Digimon of yours for him to export.

Draco74

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you so much!

I'm progressing with the project little by little, and the roster is not yet finished. However, big part of it is for the basic Digimon of each season (specially for the first three ones, I like their mega forms!). For the others I've chosen some villains and some specials Digimon (like Magnamon or Omnimon, for example). Then, the last section of the roster is currently used for the X forms.

cool potato

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow - I seriously love this.

A lot of really great ideas off the bat. I'm very keen on the addition of X forms.

Would love to see Seadramon (in any form) or other Digimon that aren't typical "hand to hand" brawlers. I get that's probably a lot to ask for lol.

Screenshots look great - I appreciate the effort and look forward to a demo/release!

Lord_of_the_Dude

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey, dude. I have some rare Digimon models like Jupitermon, Mervamon, NeoCrimson, and Reapermon. I made some of them myself. So if you would like to use them for your Digimon fangame, let me know.

Monsuta Man

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was never a fan of Rumble Arena, but this looks very intresting.

zerorynga

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Woah, it's looking neat and nice.
Now where can we download this?

Draco74

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for your comments! ^^ I really glad to see that you like the pics I shown.

For now the project is under construction, it's not ready to be fully played. We have to consider that I work on it alone and I'm still adding content to another project I have which is already published. Anyway I like how is the progress doing, please let me mention a bit the ideas I'm implementing for the gameplay:

- As in the Rumble Arena games, you can choose a rookie form or a mega one (once unlocked) to battle.
- In game, the rookie form can temporally digievolve to its mega form.
- In case you chose the mega form directly to battle, it won't be able to digievolve. But, I added a new kind of evolution which I call it as "ultra form". The power is increased while it's enabled. I will share with you a pic showing this form, the Digimon itself doesn't change but the textures do.
- As a consequence of the previous point, no final attacks are available.

I'm still thinking about possible additions to make the experience more interesting, like for example having multiple health bars instead of only one. What do you think?

Hey, dude. I have some rare Digimon models like Jupitermon, Mervamon, NeoCrimson, and Reapermon. I made some of them myself. So if you would like to use them for your Digimon fangame, let me know.
Hello! Thanks for the proposal. Is the Reapermon the same one that appeared in the original Rumble Arena? Would be so interesting!

Lord_of_the_Dude

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for your comments! ^^ I really glad to see that you like the pics I shown.

For now the project is under construction, it's not ready to be fully played. We have to consider that I work on it alone and I'm still adding content to another project I have which is already published. Anyway I like how is the progress doing, please let me mention a bit the ideas I'm implementing for the gameplay:

- As in the Rumble Arena games, you can choose a rookie form or a mega one (once unlocked) to battle.
- In case you chose the mega form directly to battle, it won't be able to digievolve. But, I added a new kind of evolution which I call it as "ultra form". The power is increased while it's enabled. I will share with you a pic showing this form, the Digimon itself doesn't change but the textures do.

I'm still thinking about possible additions to make the experience more interesting, like for example having multiple health bars instead of only one. What do you think?

Hello! Thanks for the proposal. Is the Reapermon the same one that appeared in the original Rumble Arena? Would be so interesting!
Damn right. I even got his stage too. Here is a preview of them btw:
Digimon Rumble Arena HD Reapermon Fake Screenshots

Draco74

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Amazing, I really like the model! I would love to use it, yes. And the effects in the pics are so cool too, you reproduced a real remake of Rumble Arena!

About the stage, I contacted the user Gale-kun in DeviantArt as well to use his stages. They are awesome

Lord_of_the_Dude

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Amazing, I really like the model! I would love to use it, yes. And the effects in the pics are so cool too, you reproduced a real remake of Rumble Arena!

About the stage, I contacted the user Gale-kun in DeviantArt as well to use his stages. They are awesome
Thanks! I am glad you like it! So do I need to convert the model to a certain file type first? Because the model is currently in pmx format, which is only suitable for MMD.

Draco74

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Thanks! I am glad you like it! So do I need to convert the model to a certain file type first? Because the model is currently in pmx format, which is only suitable for MMD.
This format should be enough, thank you. I just need to move it to .pmd and import it

Lord_of_the_Dude

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

This format should be enough, thank you. I just need to move it to .pmd and import it
Alright then. I will send the model link to you through personal messages

Draco74

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi!

I want to share a couple of pics of the last things I've worked with, I think you will recognize them!

I'm still checking the camera, the stage, everything. But for now the result I think is looking cool, these pics are from gameplay.

Yes, red Reapermon is back! I've configured every Digimon to have available 2 colors, which can be manually chosen when selecting the character.

Lord_of_the_Dude

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ho
Hi!

I want to share a couple of pics of the last things I've worked with, I think you will recognize them!

I'm still checking the camera, the stage, everything. But for now the result I think is looking cool, these pics are from gameplay.

Yes, red Reapermon is back! I've configured every Digimon to have available 2 colors, which can be manually chosen when selecting the character.
Hoho boy! This looks rad! Thanks a lot for using my Reapermon model! I cannot wait to play this guy again!

Also, can you perhaps give us a sneak peek of the gameplay?

Zinnydin

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
dude this would be amazing, digimon rumble arena for the ps1 was my childhood

I rarely use this site so i'm just now seeing that this thread is older and this has been in development for a while now but dude if you see this i think what you've got looks awesome if this project ever reaches completion i'll 100% be supporting it

Draco74

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ho
Hi!

Hoho boy! This looks rad! Thanks a lot for using my Reapermon model! I cannot wait to play this guy again!

Also, can you perhaps give us a sneak peek of the gameplay?
Thanks to you for the model! With it finally I can count with Reapermon in the roster.

My plan with the gameplay is to prepare like a little demo (even prototype) for you to be able to try it and comment your feedback and impressions. The gameplay is not so complex, is Smash Bros related.

dude this would be amazing, digimon rumble arena for the ps1 was my childhood

I rarely use this site so i'm just now seeing that this thread is older and this has been in development for a while now but dude if you see this i think what you've got looks awesome if this project ever reaches completion i'll 100% be supporting it
Thank you for your words! This game was amazing for me as well when I was a kid (in fact I suffered it a lot), and I would love to make something similar and playable.

Kataphrut

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey, looking pretty swish. I loved me some Rumble Arena back in the day, was thinking it would be cool if it came back.

Draco74

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi!

I think I can have soon a playable demo-prototype for you to test the concept of the game. For now I'll activate 3 Digimon: Agumon (with Wargreymon), Gabumon (with Metalgarurumon), and Piedmon (like referencing the first season). The full gameplay will be far to be finished, but I want to show you the base I'm working with.

As said, I hope to have it soon!