Digimon Rumble Arena fangame

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Draco74 I found another bug when I played the game again. I was fighting against Imperialdramon Fighter Mode in Sky Sanctuary. Then after he fell off the stage, he floated up into the air instead of getting back to the stage. It only happened once though since I tried to trigger the bug again many times after that. But I think it is still worth noting.

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don’t wanna sound demanding, I’m just politely asking since I haven’t followed this thread in a while: is Gomamon in the game yet? He’s my favorite! :3!!

Last edited:

WeepingWillow

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wanna sound demanding, I’m just politely asking since I haven’t followed this thread in a while: is Gomamon in the game yet? He’s my favorite! :3!!
Yes, Gomamon is in the game

Mouse

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wanna sound demanding, I’m just politely asking since I haven’t followed this thread in a while: is Gomamon in the game yet? He’s my favorite! :3!!
Yessssssss Gomamon is in the game

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi everyone!

First of all, Merry Christmas! I hope you're enjoying these days with your family ^^

I prepared a new update, probably the last one of this year!

Changes:
- New playable Digimon: Terriermon (with MegaGargomon)
- Gomamon's special+D can be thrown if -Special- button is pressed again
- Guilmon's special+D & special+Up have cooldown
- Biyomon's special projectile's size has been increased a bit
- Biyomon's special+D has limit of impacts
- Hououmon's special+D has more range and less cooldown
- Fixed issue with "tornado" effects (like Hououmon's special+F), where they appeared wrong for player 2
- Dracmon / Betamon / Biyomon has bigger cooldown for special+D if they do first the standard special attack
- Fixed issue in the last battles for Arcade mode, where the stage was randomly selected instead of using Reapermon's Den

Last edited:

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi everyone!

First of all, Merry Christmas! I hope you're enjoying these days with your family ^^

Changes:
- Fixed issue with "tornado" effects (like Hououmon's special+F), where they appeared wrong for player 2
- Dracmon / Betamon / Biyomon has bigger cooldown for special+D if they do first the standard special attack
- Fixed issue in the last battles for Arcade mode, where the stage was randomly selected instead of using Reapermon's Den
Merry christmas,

Let's try the bunny blast spaammm hahah

Mouse

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi everyone!

Changes:
WOAAAAAH, Merry Christmas, thank you, thanks a lot

oku

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi everyone!

Changes:
Thank you thank you for releasing my favor Digimon from DRA!

My only nitpick is I wish his "ears" to extend in flight mode:

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi everyone!

Changes:
Alright, so I checked the update, and here are my comments:
- This is mostly in Dangerous Forest stage. A few character's Special Move projectiles including Terriermon clashes with the wall whenever they are in any corner of the stage. It's basically similar to the bug I reported regarding WarGreymon's Gaia Force in Reapermon's Den a long time ago.
- I believe the cooldowns for Down + Special of characters like Betamon, Biyomon, and Dracmon make the game more balanced now. I can no longer spam the hell out of their projectiles like I used to. Great job!
- Hououmon's Down + Special is also more accessible now. So great job on that as well.
- As for MegaGargomon, I have to agree with @oku You should make MegaGargomon's ears extend whenever he moves around.
- Also, I think you should add wind VFX for the Up + Special of both Imperialdramon Fighter Mode and MegaGargomon. It will help the player identify that the Special Moves are in fact an attack.
- And still regarding MegaGargomon, what's his normal Special Move supposed to be?

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for the feedback! And for the good words ^^

My comments:

- This is mostly in Dangerous Forest stage. A few character's Special Move projectiles including Terriermon clashes with the wall whenever they are in any corner of the stage. It's basically similar to the bug I reported regarding WarGreymon's Gaia Force in Reapermon's Den a long time ago.
Ok, I will check. This issue is also happening with Gomamon's special+D if you throw the bubble. But that case is tricky because the bubble is around Gomamon, so if you're in the corner it will impact the walls. I will think about it.

- As for MegaGargomon, I have to agree with @oku You should make MegaGargomon's ears extend whenever he moves around.
Ok, noted!

- Also, I think you should add wind VFX for the Up + Special of both Imperialdramon Fighter Mode and MegaGargomon. It will help the player identify that the Special Moves are in fact an attack.
For MegaGargomon as well? As this movement is more soft, I already put some fire effect on its back. Do you think some wind effect will be fine?
For Imperialdramon I agree.

- And still regarding MegaGargomon, what's his normal Special Move supposed to be?
Hahaha I did some research to see which attacks could fit well here and I decided to use Power Pummel. You can check the attack here, min 2:05 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-woea54Mro

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for the feedback! And for the good words ^^

My comments:

Ok, I will check. This issue is also happening with Gomamon's special+D if you throw the bubble. But that case is tricky because the bubble is around Gomamon, so if you're in the corner it will impact the walls. I will think about it.

Ok, noted!

For MegaGargomon as well? As this movement is more soft, I already put some fire effect on its back. Do you think some wind effect will be fine?
For Imperialdramon I agree.

Hahaha I did some research to see which attacks could fit well here and I decided to use Power Pummel. You can check the attack here, min 2:05 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-woea54Mro
The same bug also occurred when I used Terriermon's Bunny Blast in Dangerous Forest, so I think it's worth checking out.

As for MegaGargomon's Up + Special, the fire effect only identifies that he is floating in the air. It does not exactly tell that the opponent is also damaged simply by touching him. My suggestion is to give his Up + Special Move a variation. For instance, instead of immediately flying into the air, maybe he should perform a rising shoulder tackle first. Then if the player presses the Up + Special Button again, he starts hovering in the air. Of course, the opponent can safely touch him or perform a melee attack on him when he is hovering.

Ahh... So that's what you're referring to. It is a niche attack, but I guess it works.

oku

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't know Gargo up special has hitbox. Personally, I'd rather the move to be just flight mode that can be used to escape from falling the stage and zoning. If in the future, you have a change of heart and decided to implement ultimate moves, I wish to see Burst Shot in flight mode.

Omnimon Zwart

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holy crap @Draco74

I just tried this out for the first time. I’ve been following it for a while. Terriermon was my reason to join! Cant wait for Lopmon to Cherubimon one day.

I tested every character and I had fun with all of them. My only question is if there is a workaround to the enemy hovering on the player.

I have it set to easy (because I was testing and haven’t played anything else) and the enemy AI can just ghost phase onto my character and avoid being in a hit box. Idk if I can change something to make it so no two characters can phase through each other

xros wars

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't get past the home screen. The game doesn't allow me to click on the menu options. I tried changing the Submit button on Input, it shows my primary button for it is "Joystick 0 axis 0" and i don't know what that is.

crisx284

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi everyone!

Changes:
Momantai

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holy crap @Draco74

I just tried this out for the first time. I’ve been following it for a while. Terriermon was my reason to join! Cant wait for Lopmon to Cherubimon one day.

I tested every character and I had fun with all of them. My only question is if there is a workaround to the enemy hovering on the player.

I have it set to easy (because I was testing and haven’t played anything else) and the enemy AI can just ghost phase onto my character and avoid being in a hit box. Idk if I can change something to make it so no two characters can phase through each other
Hi! Thanks for trying the demo ^^

About your comment, the current implementation is done like this to avoid issues with the Digimon. If I make them detect the other Digimon just walking, you could put your over the rival, for example. This would add extra complexity. I don't know, I don't close options, who knows if I'll make this change in the future, but that's the reason.

I can't get past the home screen. The game doesn't allow me to click on the menu options. I tried changing the Submit button on Input, it shows my primary button for it is "Joystick 0 axis 0" and i don't know what that is.
Hi! You checked already the input configuration, let me add more information to make this edition more confortable for you:

- The input configuration you see in the tab, before starting the game, is divided in 2 groups: K1/2 and G1/2. This means Keyboard, and Gamepad, and you can edit the one you prefer.
- For the keyboards the inputs are easier, but for the gamepads the map is done following this concept:

For example, taking the input you mention, the "Joystick 0 button 0" would be the "A" button from your first connected controller.

The inputs named just "Submit" and "Cancel" are not used. They're there because the engine requires it, but that's all. To access to the menu's options the used input is "Attack" (and "Special" to go back).

Omnimon Zwart

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh okay. So it’s not easy to program the characters to be “solid”. Meaning the phasing through enemies is part of this gameplay.

well it’s really great. I still play Rumble Arena 1 and 2 to this day. Truthfully this is a beautiful upgrade to the first one the series long time deserved

Oh okay. So it’s not easy to program the characters to be “solid”. Meaning the phasing through enemies is part of this gameplay.

well it’s really great. I still play Rumble Arena 1 and 2 to thisday

kisais

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
update more character please! hehe

Dinorexmon25

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so umm.. hi im new here how do you use the ultimate attacks like giga cannon(machinedramon) in the game?